Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tokyo with an 18month old?

Anyone done it? Tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't done it but have been to Tokyo. The first thing that comes to mind is that the hotel rooms are generally very small (as in, just enough room for a bed) so make sure you do your homework about accommodation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Boogaloo View Post
    Haven't done it but have been to Tokyo. The first thing that comes to mind is that the hotel rooms are generally very small (as in, just enough room for a bed) so make sure you do your homework about accommodation.
    Thanks didn't even think about this. Travel decisions are completely different once a little ones in tow

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as we potentially will be doing the same.

I've been trying to do a bit of research on the nuclear fallout actually as as few friends who have travelled there recently said they wouldn't take a baby, just in case. Especially considering possible food and water contamination. We're still looking into it.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 07-04-2014 at 15:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Thanks didn't even think about this. Travel decisions are completely different once a little ones in tow
    No worries, I've been keen to go back since having my little ones but we just haven't got there. Generally I found Tokyo an easy city to get around so I don't imagine it would be too tricky with a toddler, as long as you have a nice compact stroller or a baby carrier if that's your thing.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We did it with a 20 month old. We took our own porta-cot as I don't trust hotel ones (we have the Baby Bjorn one)
    We used a Boba Baby Carrier and purchased a cheap umbrella style stroller while we were there and ended up bring it back to Australia with us.
    Accommodation was a bit tricky to find in regards to a decent sized room. I can let you know where we stayed if you PM me. It had great reviews and I liked the fact it was fairly close to the action. It also had a room divider so we could separate our DS while he was trying to sleep. He is a fairly good sleeper so didn't take him long to sleep then we could watch tv have showers etc without keeping him awake.
    Was easy to get around.
    Eating out was a bit of a challenge as we preferred to use highchairs so finding places with them was a bit hit and miss. Think that was more due to the fact I was pregnant so couldn't eat sushi and I am also vegetarian so by the time you added that to the equation it was a bit tricky. For bubs we usually took food from the 7/11 stores (they have pre packaged sandwiches and sliced fruit and yoghurt and milk so that was fairly easy. Then just toast and yoghurt etc for breakfast at the hotel.
    Some of the tourist attractions were a pain with the stroller but that was when the carrier came in handy. You could often leave the stroller at the front and it would be fine.
    Most shops don't open till 10am.
    Was a great experience and my DS was centre of attention everywhere we went.
    Trains were totally fine too, everyone just helps you out, they are so friendly.
    Any other questions just let me know.