+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP I can understand how your family and in laws feel. My mother hates the fact she only sees the kids 4-6hrs on the weekend so she added a weekday visit after work so 6.30-8pm ish. Granted it's not ideal for me as I work and the kids need their bedtime but she really does adore the kids. So we have a deal. She comes and does bath/books/bedtime stories whilst I get the evening to catch up on housework.

When my dad visits I do the groceries or cooking for the week.

Make the visits work for you.

On an aside. I visit my grandparents every week after bath when the kids are in pjs. We go over for an hour or so. They would be devastated if we didn't visit weekly.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 08-04-2014 at 17:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Oh I so get this! It annoyed me to no end that people would visit in the late afternoon when DS was a baby. I was pretty anal about bed time routine! I just wanted DS to be in a regular routine plus I just wanted no visitors after about 4.

I don't think it's unreasonable to not see them every single week at all. But then I have never been in my family's pockets so to speak as they are all busy, independent people and I don't see them often at all.... But DS's dads family are very family-oriented so I probably see them more than my own family, so I do see your dilemma.

I think you just need to find the nerve to speak up, (or get your husband to do it! ) Otherwise things won't change.
    It's annoying isn't it! Glad to know I'm not alone. The older he gets the more flexible I can be with his routine especially once he sleeps through! Which hasn't happened yet.
    Hubby is going over there tonight to talk to them so hopefully we can sort it all out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maco View Post
    It's annoying isn't it! Glad to know I'm not alone. The older he gets the more flexible I can be with his routine especially once he sleeps through! Which hasn't happened yet.
    Hubby is going over there tonight to talk to them so hopefully we can sort it all out.

Oh good, Hopefully they can all understand.

Trust me though, in toddlerhood you won't be able to get enough of their willingness to see your babies!