+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We see me family quite often- they always pop in and help out. Df's family is dysfunctional- fil can't even remember dd's name and though I know he has an ABI it still stings. They see our kids a few times a year and expect them to come running up to them with hugs and kisses when the kids barely remember them. Not to mention we know the cousins on the paternal side get a lot more from their grandparents than our kids do, we don't really feel motivated to see them all that often.

Op, i agree with others. Cut back the hours, tell fil he is welcome to come over to your house and spend time with your immediate family as a priority.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do whatever works for YOU!

My Mum pops in for coffee on weekday mornings and we see Mum & Dad nearly every day as they live really close. We also have dinner with them, here or there, at least once a week.
    My ILs we usually see at least once a week. We pop in there when we go into town for shopping etc.

It works for us, but I've always just followed our routine wherever we are because I don't want to be housebound for most of the day.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 07-04-2014 at 19:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We see my parents at least 3 times a week. We live close, my husband is a shift worker so my dad helps out picking up DS1 who's e daycare closes earlier than DS2.

We have dinner there with my other sibling and his partner every Sunday, and we alternate Wednesday night dinners between my house & theirs.

So I am exceptionally close. When we lived closer to my inlaws it was about the same. My husband is also very close to his parents and prob speaks to his dad every 2nd day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maco View Post
    B

DH works with his dad so they both work Saturday. Only having Sunday off.
    If he is already having a huge argument about what we are doing now I think e would kill us if we did every second week! Hubby is on the same page as me but I'm the one who says anything as I can't keep my mouth shut but I think I am going to not say another word or see him until I get an apology for coming into my home as yelling at me while holding my son and DH can do the talking
    They pretty much want us to be there all day. Make DS have naps there and stay after his nap. We have things to do and also see my parents to that's not going to happen.
    So what if your FIL won't like it. Time for hubby to use the balls he was birthed with and sort this out. Just make sure whatever you do for one set of grandparents you do for the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents, I see normally once a week. My parents are separated so I usually see mum more. But I try and see dad every 2nd weekend if not once a week.
    DS see's bio grandparents every 2nd weekend when he goes to his dads.
    DS used to see his step grandparents, but until recently we have nothing to do with them. He saw them last night for the first time in 2 months. So who knows when he will see them again. Right now I'm not worried about what "they want". We're focusing on our family first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could your in laws have your son for a few hours each Sunday or every 2nd Sunday? My DD was going out to lunch/short day trips with her grandparents at 1 year old and she loved it as much as they did! She's almost 4 and still does it every weekend. Good for everyone in our case. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    We see my Grandparents (kids great grandparents) a few times a week, they live across the road.

We don't see DF's parents on a regular basis, just when we feel like it or we're invited. Probably twice a month.

My Mum we don't see very often as she is working full time, studying and working 2 more casual jobs.

My Dad we don't see often either.

None of them complain except maybe MIL who will say she misses DS1 and ask him if he wants to sleepover.

I wouldn't be going there every weekend with a child who has two sleeps.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be unhappy too. I think you guys need time just the three of you. Prehaps you would like to chill out at home or see friends?

Its really hard but I would put my foot down now and say no to every weekend. Could they come over after work sometimes and have dinner? Dont make it a regular day though unless you want to stick with it!!

I see my parents pretty much weekly (by choice as they are fun to hang out with). We see the inlaws on average 3 weekly. They live an hour away and dont drive so its a half day mission to see them.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We see both sets of parents around 2-3 times a week. They both babysit our son and have us round for midweek dinners. Extended family is important to me. We don't get a "day" as a family as I work Saturdays and hubby plays soccer Sundays. In All honesty thats ok with me, we have plenty of family time in the evenings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We see my DF's Dad once or twice a week and my mum 2-3 times a week as she only lives around the corner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast