Closed Thread
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, @HillDweller, that is full on! Good luck with your recovery, I hope it is just the tweak you need to get that baby on its way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Wow, @HillDweller, that is full on! Good luck with your recovery, I hope it is just the tweak you need to get that baby on its way!
    Thanks Yes, I am hoping it will sort it out! She said vitex will help an immense amount because it will stimulate my pituitary gland to start working properly again, so even though it looks like I am starting to get some of the breakouts from it again, I'm going to try and just keep taking it for the greater good!

I'm trying so hard not to be a negative nelly today, but upon discovering someone else I know is pregnant, it now means that almost everyone I know that is pregnant at the moment (which seems to be every-freakin-one) was either a heavy drinker, ate the worst diet ever or was using hard drugs (or all of the above) when they got pregnant. HOW is that fair? You know that feeling where you try to do everything right, and then other people who aren't even bothering to try get what you want? Yeah...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Thanks Yes, I am hoping it will sort it out! She said vitex will help an immense amount because it will stimulate my pituitary gland to start working properly again, so even though it looks like I am starting to get some of the breakouts from it again, I'm going to try and just keep taking it for the greater good!

I'm trying so hard not to be a negative nelly today, but upon discovering someone else I know is pregnant, it now means that almost everyone I know that is pregnant at the moment (which seems to be every-freakin-one) was either a heavy drinker, ate the worst diet ever or was using hard drugs (or all of the above) when they got pregnant. HOW is that fair? You know that feeling where you try to do everything right, and then other people who aren't even bothering to try get what you want? Yeah...
    Oh yes, I know how that feels. Hugs!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (01-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post

Sucks doesn't it!!! So not fair!!!

Hope your iron isn't too high and it's easily sorted.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *hugs*

I hate that as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller - I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, this is good news, cause now you know what's what, and how you can fix things to improve your chances. You also got good advice on the supplements to take (or not take) so I reckon this is a step in the right direction. Hooray!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. @AJsyd that's exactly what my DH said

So, after my appointment I now know, yes, I do have haemochromatosis (the iron overload thing) and I also have problems with my thyroid antibodies attacking my thyroid. My thyroid levels on the other hand are good. She said the fact that my diet is so incredibly good is the reason why my thyroid hasn't been irreparably damaged and we should be able to fix it (yay for one bit of good news).

Then comes the not so good news. With the two conditions that are affecting me at the moment, my risk of miscarriage or still-birth are huge. And the treatments I need to try and sort them out shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. So she wants us to make sure we don't get pregnant for the next 3 months.

I was a bit upset at first, seems like a waste of 3 months now (well seems like a waste of the last 9 months not knowing all this!) but my DH said "No, this is a good thing, this is much better than having another 'no idea what's wrong with you, sorry' diagnosis. This is something real, something we can fix. It's just a 3 month pause in TTC and during that time we can get his sperm checked, and my tubes checked for blockages as well so that if there are any other issues we have time to fix them up before we start trying again". I love him.

The supplements I have to take make me feel like rubbish unfortunately - but probably not as rubbish as dying from liver or heart disease, which is the probably outcome of haemochromatosis left untreated.

I'll still be sticking around in this thread though, rooting for you girls for the next 3 months! Then hopefully our journey is short after these issues are sorted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @HillDweller you poor thing. We're here for you! Your DH has a great way of looking at things. Hang in there, I know it must be frustrating but you now have a plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Hill - I'm sorry to hear you have this diagnosis but glad you have answers. It was so bitter sweet when we finally found the cause, on one hand it was upsetting but in another it was so good to finally know rather than marking time in the Unexplained Fertility basket.

As Dory says "just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

Shrill - how's those bloods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (02-10-2014)