Closed Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about AF @NicM hope timing works well for you this cycle.

@Shillian hope your timing works out for your FS to do it.

How is everyone else doing?

Here's a laugh for you, think O was last night for me so we BD'd but DH got cramps in both his hamstrings during. We had to stop and while he stretched them out for 10mins. What a mood killer hey!

Maybe we're getting to old for this lol.
    Last edited by Lizard; 28-09-2014 at 08:04.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-09-2014),safam  (29-09-2014),Shrillian  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Lizard and @Shrillian, brought Blackmores Concieve Well today, going to give that a go and see if it helps, fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pity @NicM, but good that it came on time at least

@Shrillian , I'm still a bit confused by the stuff you're going through , but hope that things work out the way you want !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you get your perfect timing this month @NicM !

Good news @Shrillian, hope it's the universes design to make sure you get your FS doing the transfer and you get your BFP
    @Lizard - LOL at your poor DH and the cramps - that's happened to my DH before - I'm there trying to give him sympathy but laughing at the same time. By the time he's sorted the cramp out, I'm laughing really hard and have to pull myself together so we can continue

I'm trying vitex again this cycle. Last cycle I think it was helping but my acne got really bad so I stopped it. When I told my acupuncturist that in conversation last week she said "It wasn't any of the herbs I gave you that made you break out was it? Sometimes they do" Arrggg. Thanks for telling me beforehand! So now I'm not sure if it actually was the vitex causing it! I started taking it again 4 days ago, and I've been drinking spearmint tea at the same time (to reduce androgens, which I'm sure is what causes my breakouts. I swear the tea makes me put on weight a bit (like anything I take that ups your estrogen a bit) but I'll deal with that if it gives me better skin and a BFP ) and so far, my skin is looking a million times better than last week.... so, cautiously hopeful that maybe it was the chinese herbs and I can continue with the vitex! The cycles I've had vitex have been the ONLY ones I have had EWCM. I should get my hormone & thyroid tests back in just over a week, so I'm hoping that will at least give me some info.

I'm really really undecided as to whether I continue with the chinese herbs at all. I'm not sure whether they are actually helping me in any way. It's hard to tell. Last cycle she tried to give me ones to help me O earlier, but it didn't seem to work - it was like my body geared up to O then didn't...then finally O'd a week later when I'd stopped taking the herbs. I'm scared to stop taking them incase they are helping, but something's telling me to give them a miss... Maybe when I get my results back I'll concentrate on western herbs from the naturopath for a while and see what happens... Everyone keeps saying acupuncture and chinese herbs are the best for fertility, but I'm not convinced at the moment... Western herbs like vitex have been the ones that have seemed to do something so far.. I am a bit confused at the moment! Really cant wait to get my test results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    It's a berry from a tree, I think? Also known as Agnus castus or Chasteberry.
    I get mine in the Blackmore's tablets. The bottle says to take one tablet 3 times a day. However, I take two together in the morning. I have read that together is best (although it probably doesn't make much difference) and the dosage I believe best is 1000-1500 units. The tablets are 600 each which is why I only take two.I've heard it can take up to three months to work but I'm seeing improvement already.
    @safam sorry if I've asked you before and forgotten - do you take vitex all cycle long? My luteal phase is the part of my cycle that is ok, it's O that is delayed for me. The weirdest thing is, I'm quite sure I don't produce enough estrogen (hence no EWCM and delayed O) but produce more than enough progesterone. So, vitex ups your progesterone, yet gives me EWCM and earlier O. So, unless I'm completely wrong and I'm progesterone deficient instead, I don't understand it!

I was intending to just take it in the first half of my cycle, but I'm not sure if I should continue right through?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lizard - my DH and I are so unfit. Having sex is like the fat people meeting in the episode of the Simpsons when Homer got large. Mixed in with cramps. Ha ha ha!!!

@AJsyd - all good! Last cycle as I was at risk of OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome). I had a lot of follies, so my FS gave me a different trigger injection to use (trigger injection is timed to make me ovulate exactly 36hrs later for when I'm in surgery). But using that injection meant I wasn't able to transfer my 5day old blastocyst, as that injection is designed to lower everything, to help stop over stimulation. So they put my little guy in the freezer.

So now I'm on a cycle to transfer my frozen blasty. To transfer, they make you go through a cycle and transfer 5 days after ovulation (as it's a 5day blastocyst).

I don't ovulate normally, so I need something to make me have a "normal" cycle. So currently, I'm taking injections to give me a "natural cycle". Once ovulation happens, 5 days later I then get my little frozen guy to be transferred into my uterus and hopefully he decides to stick there for another 8 months!

Right now, I'm just waiting for ovulation to happen. I have a repeat BT tomorrow morning, so hoping to be able to guess when that will be from the numbers I get from that (oestrogen is usually at around 800 when a follicle pops an egg out).

Does that help clear it up?

@HillDweller - gah! I hope it's not the vitex then! I gave up on the acupuncture as I got impatient. It's up to you - if you feel it's mot working, then move on. Otherwise, give it another go. Sorry for the unhelpful answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @HillDweller - gah! I hope it's not the vitex then! I gave up on the acupuncture as I got impatient. It's up to you - if you feel it's mot working, then move on. Otherwise, give it another go. Sorry for the unhelpful answer.

Don't worry Shrill, I don't have any more of a helpful answer for myself! lol I think acupuncture helped me at the beginning when I first came of BCP to get my cycle back, but I've been doing it (and the chinese herbs) every week for 7 months now and my cycle hasn't gotten any better than about 35 days. I'm just not sure it can do much more for me, but who knows! She has said the last few times that as far as she can tell my body is now completely ready and all the flow sections that were 'out' are back to how they should be now.. I think it's more that she's so lovely and I feel like we're almost friends now - I feel bad saying I'm going to stop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else tried Concieve Well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NicM View Post
    No, I haven't heard of it Nic. Is it a normal pre-natal vitamin or is it a bit different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NicM View Post
    I use conceive well gold by blackmores I'm not pregnant yet! But I do think my cycles are fairly regular and long enough which is good as they used to be a bit too short.