Closed Thread
Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @anewmin!

You mentioned AFM - how many ladies on this thread have had the test? I've have a friend who was told she had a low count of 3, but I don't really know much about it. She said I should get the test, but I've also heard that it can be misleading. Anyone know much about this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Welcome @anewmin fellow Melbourner seems we have a bit in common.

Hope you're able to get some good results from the Natural therapist. My DH's morphology is fine but his other numbers are low (but not non existent) he's is feeling a little defeated already. We haven't been to see anyone yet (money issues) but that will be our next step.
    Thank u Lizard! It would be good to go see someone who may be able to help. But they are very costly are they. Still have to pay quite a lot even with health insurance.
    So far I'm quite pleased with my NT. We did a lot of tests and they really help u understand the state of your physical health. She also encourages good diet, so now my DH cut all the coffee, diary, which hopefully helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AJsyd View Post
    Welcome @anewmin!

You mentioned AFM - how many ladies on this thread have had the test? I've have a friend who was told she had a low count of 3, but I don't really know much about it. She said I should get the test, but I've also heard that it can be misleading. Anyone know much about this?
    Thanks AJsyd.
    I don't know much about amh but just know it indicates the ovary reserve, which normally will be diminished with age. So they have indicative referring range for different age groups.
    My reading of 8.4 is still in the normal range for my age, but sort of at the low end. So my FS wasn't very concerned about it. My NT wanted me to do a new amh test at cd3 to compare to the previous the done at cd18 as she thinks the cd3 reading would be more accurate.
    They also read your amh level with fsh level, which is another hormone indicating the ovary reserve. They use those results to determine the level of stimulation you may need in ivf treatments.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anewmin For This Useful Post:

AJsyd  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As much as it's interesting,
    amh is relatively new testing and is to be taken with a grain of salt. Mine has actually risen, and I certainly didn't magically grow a bunch of new eggs! Every time I've done a stim cycle I've got over 20 eggs. Meanwhile I have a friend whose amh is over 25, and nearly every cycle she gets poor quality eggs. It took her 10 cycles to get her miracle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

AJsyd  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I meant AMH... So many acronyms!! Interesting..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had my EPU this morning and got 17 eggs! Hopefully get a nice lot of blasties!!

I'm not transferring though. Due to the risk of OHSS, I was given a different trigger which means I can't transfer. Boo.

Have a follow up appointment with my FS on the 18th and will do an OI cycle and FET.

Just playing the waiting game now to find out how the eggies are doing. Fx for good fertilisation rates!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-09-2014),Kazza78  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Super haul of eggies Shrill! Well done! Probably better to give the body a rest anyway this cycle. Hopefully spoilt for choice come FET time xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting @Shrillian!!! Yay!!! Even though your now playing the waiting game you're on your way!! So exciting!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woo hoo!! Great news about your egg haul Shrill! Everything crossed for you for that you get a good fertilisation rate and then transfer on the next cycle!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    OMG that's amazing Shrill So they are not doing the actual transfer this month?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (05-09-2014)