@NicM - how long will he be away dor?
    Hopefully only a couple of days

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NicM For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey ladies
    CD36 for me, so feeling impatient!!!
    But not going to test until Monday I think. My cycles have been 35, 37 and 55!

HD hope you get to go! Re: trying not to stress, if you have to track O, do it, but maybe figure out the latest day you are likely to O, and tell yourself that's when it will happen. If it happens before, great - but if not you won't stressed. Maybe?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (30-08-2014),Shrillian  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJsyd View Post
    hey ladies
    CD36 for me, so feeling impatient!!!
    But not going to test until Monday I think. My cycles have been 35, 37 and 55!

HD hope you get to go! Re: trying not to stress, if you have to track O, do it, but maybe figure out the latest day you are likely to O, and tell yourself that's when it will happen. If it happens before, great - but if not you won't stressed. Maybe?
    Thanks @AJsyd that is actually a great idea. I will do that!

I spoke to DH last night and we decided IF over the next two months with me taking vitex and using the TCM I can work out my likely O date he will take that week off in November. Hopefully that will mean we will be able to try properly Oct, Nov & Dec. If nothing happens by then at least we can go to a FS and say we have tried at the correct time for 5 months

Good luck for testing on Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HillDweller - that's great that your DH has said that! Good luck with tracking, and what @AJsyd said is a great idea.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @safam have you had any side effects taking Vitex? My acne seems to be getting really bad. I'm not sure if it's that or not. I don't remember it happening when I took it last time, although I only took it for a week. I'm on CD13 and I feel like O might not be far away, so if it is going to make me O on time I'll keep taking it! Just wondering if it's what's making my skin freak out so badly though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    @safam have you had any side effects taking Vitex? My acne seems to be getting really bad. I'm not sure if it's that or not. I don't remember it happening when I took it last time, although I only took it for a week. I'm on CD13 and I feel like O might not be far away, so if it is going to make me O on time I'll keep taking it! Just wondering if it's what's making my skin freak out so badly though...
    Hi! No, I haven't had skin issues sorry. When I was doing research, the vast majority of women said that it cleared their skin up. I don't have any personal experience because my skin has stayed exactly the same. The only other things I've noticed are *tmi* lots more CM and AF has changed from 3 days of brown spotting to 5 days of fresh red (which I am hoping means better lining)
    I'm also hoping it will reduce my crazy long cycles but it's too early to tell yet
    I wonder if there are two possibilities. The first being that vitex is not right for you, and the second being that it's really working hard to balance things out for you, and the skin reaction is a period of transition to your new and improved cycles. It's supposed to take around 3 months to do it's thing. I think the second option is probably more likely, but I'd definitely say go with your gut and stop taking it if it doesn't seem right.
    What other stuff are you doing/trying? Any acupuncture/chiro, other herbs or supplements? I'm off to stalk through all your other posts now!
    Sorry I've been a bit absent. My husband has been working huge hours to try and build up the $$ a bit before we go on holiday. Which leaves me with 3 small children, caring for my dad, and no time for anything else. Wouldn't have it any other way though!
    Lots of sticky baby dust to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw your tcm info @HillDweller. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Hi! No, I haven't had skin issues sorry. When I was doing research, the vast majority of women said that it cleared their skin up. I don't have any personal experience because my skin has stayed exactly the same. The only other things I've noticed are *tmi* lots more CM and AF has changed from 3 days of brown spotting to 5 days of fresh red (which I am hoping means better lining)
    I'm also hoping it will reduce my crazy long cycles but it's too early to tell yet
    I wonder if there are two possibilities. The first being that vitex is not right for you, and the second being that it's really working hard to balance things out for you, and the skin reaction is a period of transition to your new and improved cycles. It's supposed to take around 3 months to do it's thing. I think the second option is probably more likely, but I'd definitely say go with your gut and stop taking it if it doesn't seem right.
    What other stuff are you doing/trying? Any acupuncture/chiro, other herbs or supplements? I'm off to stalk through all your other posts now!
    Sorry I've been a bit absent. My husband has been working huge hours to try and build up the $$ a bit before we go on holiday. Which leaves me with 3 small children, caring for my dad, and no time for anything else. Wouldn't have it any other way though!
    Lots of sticky baby dust to you all!
    I'd say you're probably right, could be either option! It might not even be what is causing my skin issues. I realised that I also hadn't been drinking coffee for ages and started drinking some again over the last week or so. Coffee doesn't agree with me much so I might cut that out and keep taking the Vitex to see what happens

It looks like it is definitely going to get me to O on time this month. I had an almost positive OPK last night and my ferning saliva test was partially positive too. The only months I even have EWCM seem to be the months I've taken Vitex too!

I'm not sure whether to stop taking it after O or not? My luteal phase actually seems to be the part of my cycle that is absolutely fine, it's the follicular stage I have problems with. (Seems so strange doesnt it, if Vitex is meant to help raise your progesterone, that it helps me in the first half of the cycle! Maybe it just evens out my progesterone level if it's actually off in that part of the cycle. Or, I understand it raises LH, which I think might be more my issue. It seems that my body often gears up to O and then doesn't, so maybe I'm not making enough LH for it to do it's thing on time if you know what I mean!

Anyhow, I think I'll keep taking it for the next few months and see what happens. I will deal with the acne if it gives me my BFP or even gives me a shorter cycle!

Sounds like you have been super busy! Where and when are you going on holidays? You've probably mentioned it but I've forgotten!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So DP and I decided to try OPK's this month, at the moment we have just been using the calendar on fertility friend, and so we want to know more accurately when I 'O' , I'm currently CD7, when do I start using them? We are also hoping that i don't 'O' while he is away

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NicM I usually start using them on day 10

Hope you have some success with them and hope O coincides with when he's home!