Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HillDweller - yes, the opposite side to the weight story is not ideal either, when having to ensure weight gain where it's difficult to gain or retain weight. I hope you're able to find a good balance!

Funny you ask about the training - was just discussing the exact same thing just now with a friend. As I've only just started, I was curious and have heard all of what you mentioned. I'm going to ask my FS before we start as to what I'm allowed to do and not. I spoke to my trainer today and mentioned I was going to start IVF soon and said we'd drop the heavy weights and focus on the cardio and conditioning with a little bit of strength.

But that information is right - nothing that will make you pull in that region and nothing that will raise your body temperature too high (anything that will make you sweat too much).

@safam - welcome!! Sorry to hear about the MFI, but glad you've got some on ice to help you out! Feel free to vent frustrations here! How old are your other three?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

safam  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If there's weight loss support as well as ttc, I'm in!
    We have twins age 2 years, and baby 6 months. The twins took three long, heartbreaking years to conceive, but we were lucky that their sister was more eager to join us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @HillDweller - yes, the opposite side to the weight story is not ideal either, when having to ensure weight gain where it's difficult to gain or retain weight. I hope you're able to find a good balance!

Funny you ask about the training - was just discussing the exact same thing just now with a friend. As I've only just started, I was curious and have heard all of what you mentioned. I'm going to ask my FS before we start as to what I'm allowed to do and not. I spoke to my trainer today and mentioned I was going to start IVF soon and said we'd drop the heavy weights and focus on the cardio and conditioning with a little bit of strength.

But that information is right - nothing that will make you pull in that region and nothing that will raise your body temperature too high (anything that will make you sweat too much).
    Thanks Shrill, I have just managed in the last 6 months to get to my goal weight and, in all honesty it was kind of emotionally daunting! I struggled to come to terms with the extra couple of kilos making me look different - however....for the first time ever, I have boooobs!

Aha, great, let me know what else your FS says, I'd love to hear what they think instead of just trying to figure it out from google! I'm so unfit at the moment I think walking around the block might have me sweating Maybe I better start doing small things and build up so I'm not some sort of jellyfish on the couch by the time I do fall pregnant! hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    @safam - twins!! Identical or fraternal? We're an everything support group!

@HillDweller - yeah, that's me right now. A couch loving jellyfish.

I'm surprised with how much I'm enjoying the personal training. Must be my addictive personality.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @safam - twins!! Identical or fraternal? We're an everything support group!

@HillDweller - yeah, that's me right now. A couch loving jellyfish.

I'm surprised with how much I'm enjoying the personal training. Must be my addictive personality.
    They are fraternal. After three years of massive c*ck-ups at my clinic (seriously they screwed everything up) I threw a massive tanty! We got back all the money we'd paid for previous cycles, plus a free cycle, and they did exactly what I wanted, no more refusing to put two back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. How incredibly frustrating you had to go through all of that!! Glad you got your wonderful outcome at the end, though! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm excited and nervous to go through IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm excited and nervous to go through IVF.
    When do you start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soon, I think. Having a HyCoSy next week and if it's clear then maybe end of next week/week after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Good luck with the procedure Shrill. I had a HsG, so with real time x-ray instead of u/s twice. Apparently it can really up fertility as it gives a 'spring clean' lol