Closed Thread
Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, I had a huge temp rise this morning, so that should mean I O'd yesterday! DH went back this morning, so at least we're in with a chance this month

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

AJsyd  (05-08-2014),Shrillian  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HD hope you guys catch your egg this time!

We've been trying just over a year. First BTs and ultrasound through GP all came back fairly normal for me, DH still needs sperm check done. He says let's get that done 1st before we go to FS. he's thinking if we have to go down FS route then is just gonna be thousand's and IVF even though I've said there are a lot of other options depending on what the issue/s are.

I am feeling a little daunted by the cost though, even for a first consultation (especially given current money situation)

We decided at the beginning that we didn't want to go down the whole IVF journey (cost, stress etc) we started out thinking if it doesn't happen naturally in the next few years then maybe it's just not meant to be and we'll try change our focus/plan for our future together.

But I just really have no idea how much all this might cost, and at what point are we going to say it's too much. Then any $$ we've already spent will seem waisted and we still won't be any closer to our dream.

It's all a bit overwhelming for me right now. Anyone else feel this way when looking at first going to a FS. Any experiences, advice might help me right now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    HD hope you guys catch your egg this time!

We've been trying just over a year. First BTs and ultrasound through GP all came back fairly normal for me, DH still needs sperm check done. He says let's get that done 1st before we go to FS. he's thinking if we have to go down FS route then is just gonna be thousand's and IVF even though I've said there are a lot of other options depending on what the issue/s are.

I am feeling a little daunted by the cost though, even for a first consultation (especially given current money situation)

We decided at the beginning that we didn't want to go down the whole IVF journey (cost, stress etc) we started out thinking if it doesn't happen naturally in the next few years then maybe it's just not meant to be and we'll try change our focus/plan for our future together.

But I just really have no idea how much all this might cost, and at what point are we going to say it's too much. Then any $$ we've already spent will seem waisted and we still won't be any closer to our dream.

It's all a bit overwhelming for me right now. Anyone else feel this way when looking at first going to a FS. Any experiences, advice might help me right now.
    I get what you mean about the cost and if it doesn't work, as then a large chunk will have been spent (especially if a few cycles of IVF are done).

But for us, the possibilities (and ideally a child at the end of it all) far outweigh the costs. I'd rather have spent and failed than not have tried. Does that make sense?

I was scared crapless at my first FS appointment. I didn't want him to tell me that we couldn't have a child. I didn't want to hear those words. But then again, I DID want to hear them, so we could move on from the stress of why we weren't conceiving naturally.

DH and I have already discussed all options and have agreed to try everything - IVF, surrogacy, adoption. But there will be a point where we will stop. Obviously money will be a guiding factor, but mostly emotions. If it starts taking too much of a toll on either of us, then we will stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just jumping back in to show my support for those considering an ivf journey. If you do your homework on clinics the cost is very reasonable. I did two cycles (a Stim and a FET) and my total out of pocket cost was less than $2000. Hang in there xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Well, I had a huge temp rise this morning, so that should mean I O'd yesterday! DH went back this morning, so at least we're in with a chance this month
    Hi HD, yay good timing, hope you caught the eggy x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hi HD, yay good timing, hope you caught the eggy x
    Thanks @bel2466 Hope everything is going well with you X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay HD! could be your month... woop woop!

AFM I feel totally in limbo. No idea where I am in a cycle and DH & I are both busy and stressed and don't DTD more than once a week. He keeps telling me to just relax about the whole thing, but I feel like it is going to take forever at this rate though I know in the scheme of things I haven't really had to wait very long compared to lots of people (so far!) so I should probably just ZiP it!!

hey Bel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shrill - how did your first session go?

Lizard - shop around & get advice from ppl who've been through it on bubhub. maybe just take it one step at a time and it won't seem like such a huge thing. You might agree with your man as to what you feel like you can pay for , and reassess as you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your support and advice It all helps.

Had some more talks with DH today and I think the taking 1 step at a time is good advice. And he keeps telling me I'm stressing too much and over thinking things (which is probably right)

Got my OPKs today, so feel like I'm taking a bit more control of the whole thing now too.
    @AJsyd must be so frustrating for you with your cycles. Hope they sort themselves out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AJsyd View Post
    Oh yay HD! could be your month... woop woop!

AFM I feel totally in limbo. No idea where I am in a cycle and DH & I are both busy and stressed and don't DTD more than once a week. He keeps telling me to just relax about the whole thing, but I feel like it is going to take forever at this rate though I know in the scheme of things I haven't really had to wait very long compared to lots of people (so far!) so I should probably just ZiP it!!

hey Bel
    Thanks @AJsyd I'm trying to get on the "no symptom spotting" train again for the next two weeks hehe

Aww I'm sorry you're feeling stressed, I know how hard it is when you know you should not stress and everyone's telling you not to stress.....but you can't help it. But maybe concentrating on the relaxing instead of the TTCing for the rest of the cycle will give you and your DH a chance to just breathe and enjoy each others company. I find it soooo hard not to get completely obsessed with it all - it's just in my nature. (My DH often jokes that he knows people sometimes resemble their dogs, and that's why I chose an American Pit Bull, they have to do everything to 150% of their ability! (including smooching )
    So I am thankful when I get something else to concentrate on and put my energy into for a while, it helps me not get AS obsessed over TTC!
    @Lizard Hope you have some luck with the OPKs Feel free to show some photos of the lines if you're not sure if it's showing you a positive - I've spent a lot of time looking at them over the last few months because mine don't usually get to a line darker than the control like it says it will! I find it helpful to keep the strips and write the day on them so I can line them up and compare them. Sometimes that's the only way I can tell that it's definitely positive
    @Shrillian - did you get picked for jury duty? That was today wasn't it? And how was the next personal training session?