Closed Thread
Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJsyd View Post
    hey HD, do you only do OPKs around the week or so that you reckon it's going to happen?how do you do them? Is it POAS?
    I start doing them from CD10 (because I know I definitely won't O before CD13 and they give you a window of up to 3 days once they turn positive) and just keep going until I get a positive or my temp goes up I do the POAS ones. I've found some are useless though and some work really well for me. If I forget to order the ones I like online (which is pretty typical) I like the Ovuplan ones you can get at the chemists.

Also, make sure you don't use first morning urine, do them in the afternoon (I usually do them at 6pm as soon as I get home from work).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

AJsyd  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well apparently we've been doing it all wrong according to this
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406854428.605264.jpg

We've been trying to get the wrong person pregnant, lol.

Thought it might give you guys a laugh it gave me one.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lizard For This Useful Post:

AJsyd  (01-08-2014),HillDweller  (01-08-2014),Shrillian  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lizard - ha ha ha!!! Reminds me of "Junior"

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone doing?

So I've got a referral to a FS now. Not sure if I should look for my own or just go with the one the Drs suggested? DH still needs to get his sperm checked but Dr said FS would do that anyway.

I ordered some OPK to try, hope they get here soon as I'm on CD9 and want to try them this cycle.

Been a bit up and down this last week, went away last weekend (first time without DH, work thing) came back to a big argument on the way home from the airport about his job, which he then lost later in the week. Went to the zoo today and seeing all the babies was nice (and depressing) but kids annoy me! (I'm sure it's just other peoples kids) hubby and I laughed, as he reminded me they then turn into teenagers, pointing toward SS who I still struggle to connect with.

I'm feeling like I'm just too emotional and too stressed about other things that my body just won't let it happen at the moment. 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hope you're feeling better and less stressed soon @Lizard ! And I'm sorry to hear your DH lost his job

Don't worry, I totally get the kids annoy me thing. I've never been a fan of kids at all. I mean AT ALL. Recently there's been one or 2 that I haven't minded but I'm definitely flying with the Ï'm sure it'll be different when it's your own" thing LOL

I still haven't O'd yet. I know it's coming. I had a positive OPK on Saturday and even the saliva test came up positive too....just my temp hasn't gone up yet! Trying hard not to get frustrated. Just hoping it's today. DH flies back to work tomorrow morning. We'll DTD tonight and hopefully, maybe catch the egg.. I'm also trying very hard not to get to stressed about the fact that after this month, it looks like he wont be home at the right time for the next 3 months

So, if this month ends up being a bust I will just cheer you ladies on for the next 3 months and use my spare time to look after the 4 ducklings we just got. Actually, after a few days I'm realising that raising ducklings (and cleaning up after them) is pretty much a full time job. I don't know how I'll be expected to go to work with the ducklings, chickens, dogs (one who's sick) and cat to look after, I don't have time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    How's everyone doing?

So I've got a referral to a FS now. Not sure if I should look for my own or just go with the one the Drs suggested? DH still needs to get his sperm checked but Dr said FS would do that anyway.

I ordered some OPK to try, hope they get here soon as I'm on CD9 and want to try them this cycle.

Been a bit up and down this last week, went away last weekend (first time without DH, work thing) came back to a big argument on the way home from the airport about his job, which he then lost later in the week. Went to the zoo today and seeing all the babies was nice (and depressing) but kids annoy me! (I'm sure it's just other peoples kids) hubby and I laughed, as he reminded me they then turn into teenagers, pointing toward SS who I still struggle to connect with.

I'm feeling like I'm just too emotional and too stressed about other things that my body just won't let it happen at the moment. 😔
    Oh, good luck with FS! I asked for a referral to one my friend used. Did some research and heard good things. Ended up changing this year as I wasn't overly excited with his "bedside manner". Love my new one.

I personally think go with the one you were referred to and you can always change later, anyway. Just do a bit of research on them to gather whether you think they will be a good fit for you.

Sorry to hear about your DH losing his job! Boo! Hope he gets a new and better one soon! Fx!

I get the other people's kids thing. Gets me down at times as well. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM, I've finally made an appointment with my FS for Thursday morning. But it may not go ahead as I've been summoned to jury duty!!! Selection day is on Wednesday. Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    AFM, I've finally made an appointment with my FS for Thursday morning. But it may not go ahead as I've been summoned to jury duty!!! Selection day is on Wednesday. Eek!
    Oh what! Stupid Universe! Try and look really uninterested so they don't pick you Hope you get to see your FS!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (04-08-2014),Shrillian  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lizard - so sorry to hear you've had some rough luck. hope your DH finds another job. Good luck with getting things going with a FS. How long have you been trying?

HD - fingers crossed O is coming soon

shrill - how have you been feeling about things? Jury duty, that sux! Is the appt with the FS to talk about your options & where to next?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AJsyd - yes, to discuss options beyond OI (so basically, IVF). Expecting a lecture about my weight though. Which is deserved. Though currently in PAIN from a personal training session yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow's session will destroy me further and I won't realise pain as I'll be all consumed by it.