Closed Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @NicM - welcome! Sorry to hear about your MC. Hopefully your second time will result in your take home bub.

So what DPO are you now? Will you test or wait for AF?

Also, what area in Oz are you from, for the front page? (Perfectly fine if you don't want to reveal)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi NicM welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shrillian I'm in central victoria, not sure on actual day of O, but would be about 7-8DPO, tested a couple of days ago and it was neg, going to try not test until after the 28th if I don't get Af that day.

Thank you for the welcome ladies, am feeling very positive this time around as I am now in a much better place in life with an awesome man who loves me very much

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ladies, I'm after a bit of advice, I think I need to up my charting and O prediction to try and maximise my chances here.

What methods of charting and or ovulation predictors do you use, or find most accurate and helpful?

I used to just chart using FF (fertility friend app) just by taking my temp in the am, which told me when I had O'd but not really before. I stopped a few months back cos DH thought 'not' charting and taking my temp all the time would be a good idea to reduce 'stressing' about it too much (in other words 'just let it happen') I've indulged him with that idea long enough I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lizard, I was doing OPK's and checking CM. I think I got pretty good at predicting O from this method :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @NicM nice to have you here. Hope your TTC journey is much better for you this time around.

How is everyone else going? Your testing date is coming up really soon isn't it @Shrillian ?

Today was the first day of 2 weeks holidays from work for me, not going anywhere, just having time off with DH. It got off to a not very nice start when we found our most favourite pet chicken dead from a broken neck this morning looks like she somehow fell from her perch in the middle of the night. Probably sounds weird but our chickens mean as much to us here as our cats and dogs, and this little girl was the sweetest and cleverest of them all. The only chicken that actually loved being picked up and cuddled. So that just sucked and put a damper on what should have been a happy day! Also, AF is still hanging around. 7 days now! That's the longest it's ever been for me, it's usually 5-6 days max. Sigh. Hope it doesn't mean O will be delayed this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    So ladies, I'm after a bit of advice, I think I need to up my charting and O prediction to try and maximise my chances here.

What methods of charting and or ovulation predictors do you use, or find most accurate and helpful?

I used to just chart using FF (fertility friend app) just by taking my temp in the am, which told me when I had O'd but not really before. I stopped a few months back cos DH thought 'not' charting and taking my temp all the time would be a good idea to reduce 'stressing' about it too much (in other words 'just let it happen') I've indulged him with that idea long enough I think.
    I do the temp chatting on Fertility Friend too Lizard, and also use OPKs from CD10 until I get a positive. Also just watch for EWCM - but I didn't get any of that last month before I O'd so lucky I was using the OPK's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller awwwwe! So sad, I used to have chickens when I was a kid and I used to pick them up and cuddle them too, they loved it (well some of them did) sorry for your loss 😢

And thanks HD and bel, any particular OPK? Like the pee on type, the saliva type? Some say they predict 3-4 before but I know I'm usually CD10-14 really so do I want something that tells you closer to the day?
    Last edited by Lizard; 21-07-2014 at 21:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    @HillDweller awwwwe! So sad, I used to have chickens when I was a kid and I used to pick them up and cuddle them too, they loved it (well some of them did) sorry for your loss 😢

And thanks HD and bel, any particular OPK? Like the pee on type, the saliva type? Some say they predict 3-4 before but I know I'm usually CD10-14 really so do I want something that tells you closer to the day?
    Thanks @Lizard xx

I use the pee on type, I've had positives from them anywhere between 1-3 days before O. The saliva ones tell you 4-5 days before (and are hard to read and 'catch' the positive if you ask me! The pee ones say they will show a positive between 24-36 hours before so they'd probably be the ones to go for

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lizard - you could do the trifecta and temp, OPK & check CM. I only ever use OPKs, but given I don't O naturally each month it's all wasted on me. I got a batch of the pee dip sticks online.

@HillDweller - friday! Trying hard not to symptom spot. Almost impossible!!! Going to be a big let down this month!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-07-2014)