Closed Thread
Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Completely cutting out caffeine and codeine as well as taking vit c and menevit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    AFM, I've got my progesterone test tomorrow morning (please be rising!!) and follow up pregnancy blood test next Friday (fx!!).

The pain is getting worse - I think the abscess has come back.

Reeeeally hoping it means there's an egg burrowing, causing my immunity to drop down, which is why my body is allowing this to happen again.

Got to hold on to *some* hope, right?

(There goes that optimist again!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Usually my internal optimist wins and then after it turns out to be another BFN, the realist turns around and blows a raspberry at the optimist and promises to quash them in the next round. But then the optimist rises again and shall never be overruled!
    Ahh @Shrillian hahaha that is so me too. And that quiet little voice when you're getting all positive that's going "erm...excuse me...hello...remember last time when you got excited..." and me going "shut up shut up shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!" then "oh".
    Really really hope it's your immune system being down due to an egg doing it's thing! (which sounds like a very strange thing to say to someone now I think about it - but hehe we all know what I mean!)
    @NAT32 Your poor son! How horrible for you and your DH! I hope he recovers soon and hope your DH is less stressed and up for plenty of baby making
    @delirium Yep, my poor DH was brought up the same way. And now sometimes I think I'm deliberately oversharing info with him about medical appointments etc, almost like I'm daring him to say he's not comfortable, so I can say "OH, YOU'RE not comfortable, well, what about me" lol. Which means I'm being an attention seeking, poor me, git. So I think I had better remove that sort of attitude from my mind hehe. Somewhere in my brain I must be jaded that as the woman I have to go through more. Best get used to it I think!
    Hope the vitamins etc help and improve your chances, you definitely do have to be in it to win it, I agree

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shrillian- Bugger about the abscess but hopefully it is your immune system. Good Luck for your progesterone testing.

deliruim I hope the lifestyle changes help. My DH still hasn't gone to get his SA done yet as I know he probably thinks that the results will be bad. His lifestyle choices are quite terrible so it wouldn't suprise me. Yes, you have to be in it to win it. The last time I fell pregnant I still don't know how, as we did not BD very close to O so thought there was no chance but obviously there was some. I was very suprised.

Dweller - Isn't it funny how we all think the same. I often think I am a little crazy but then just reading this forum realise we are all the same. So we are either all normal or all a little crazy lol....

Thanks for your well wishes about my son. He is 3 years old. Luckily we are at the tail end of the 6 weeks in the cast, only 5 more days to go, not that I am counting or any-thing. He has been such a trooper which has made it a lot easier. I just think of it as just a broken bone, it could have been a lot worse. He will be running and jumping around next week and driving me crazy again.

As for sharing with my DH I just don't. I start talking about TCC and he just blanks over. Not that he isn't interested, just that he doesn't understand. There is lots of questions like what does that mean? huh? I don't get your cycles? And asking me if I am pregnant at the worst time i.e. when the witch has just arrived or just before O. I gave up trying to explain it all to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nat- I urge you to give him a gentle push hun. AS I've said, DH had one a bit over 2 years ago which was normal, but in the first 10 months we ttc I fell twice (1 m/c, 1 EP) then I've only had 1 pg in over 2 years. I had been harping at him for a good 18 months to get another test, especially after my lap came back totally clear in Feb. But he clung to his drs advice that his sperm would not have changed that drastically. They did.

Don't leave it. You don't want to be like us, 3 years down the track. Tell him to be a big boy and get it done. If it is him, better to know now than a year or 2 from now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with delirium Nat, give him a push. I think that might be why I keep making sure my DH knows I'm going through all the 'difficult' parts and embarrassing doctors appointments - because if it comes to him having to do a SA I know he'll be freaking out - so that's when I can tell him I've done all this, now you've got to do your bit! lol

My DH is getting better at talking about all the stuff without looking too panicked haha. And he's only had a couple of months to go from me never mentioning anything even slightly embarrassing to having to hear words like 'cervix', so I try to cut him some slack He's interested and wants to know what's going on, but he'd still like to just refer to O as "the right time" and AF as the "inconvenient time" and not have to use proper words LOL

Your son sounds very brave! Only 3, poor little mite. I often see kids who have had broken bones etc be such troopers and I think "I would whinge so much more than that if it was me".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Delirium and Dweller. Good advice which I will take on board. I will approach the subject this week end and see how we go

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT32 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT32 View Post
    Thanks Delirium and Dweller. Good advice which I will take on board. I will approach the subject this week end and see how we go
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with the ladies, Nat. Get him to go and do it.

Like the others have said, it's such a simple process for him as opposed to what we have to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! Got my BT results progesterone at 105! Definitely ovulated! Yay!!!

Here's hoping we managed to catch the eggy!