Closed Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @AJsyd - sorry to hear AF is turning up.

@delirium - I had a chem with my first OI cycle. But no BFPs since then. Sometimes I wonder if we're just not timing it right, but being monitored, that shouldn't be the case. It's so frustrating when things just don't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still no AF, but I was silly and got my hopes up, tested this morning, BFN.
    CD37 today.

Ladies, whats OI and SA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OI = Ovulation Induction
    SA = Sperm Analysis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear it was a BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gah, I'm really freaking out. I had the first Pap smear I've had in 15 years 2 weeks ago when if went to the doctor. She said she'd also get me to have a pelvic ultrasound as well (because although she said she couldn't feel anything abnormal like swelling around my ovaries, I'm still getting a strange feeling - almost a stabbing pain but really slight - in my left ovary) then she'd get me to make another appointment to come in and see her for the results of both. I haven't had the pelvic ultrasound yet because every one of the clinics are booked out till next Tuesday, but her nurse called me this afternoon saying the doctor was wanting me to book an appointment to discuss my test results. I told her I still hadn't had the ultrasound and asked if there was a problem with my results and did I need to come in before next week. She said she wasn't sure but it would probably be fine. Great. So now I don't know whether I have some abnormal test results or what! The doctor wasn't in so I couldn't speak to her.
    I have no idea what the procedure normally is - I would have assumed if the results are normal they don't get you to come back for an appointment, but she did say she wanted me to come back for my results on the day I saw her.
    I asked her to ask the doctor to call me tomorrow or let me know if she wants to see me before next week...in the meantime I'm quietly panicking away to myself convinced there's something horribly wrong with me. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    No don't stress HillDweller it's usual practice to not give any results over the phone anymore and to get everyone in to get results back. I just had a pap smear too and they refused to give me phone results and I went in and was all clear x good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really? Thanks Bel! That's made me feel so much better! She said it would only take 1 week for her to get the results back and it's been 2 weeks so I was thinking if there was something wrong she would have called me to come back before now...

Phew. Well, unless she says different tomorrow I'll have my ultrasound next week and go in the next day - hopefully all will be ok, or if something shows up on my left ovary it's something fixable

I can eat dinner now, I was too stressed to eat before! So thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Bel said, they generally don't give results over the phone. Hope it comes back a clear.

PS - perfectly normal to freak out over the results. I was a nervous wreck as I only had my first ever one last year in May when seeing my FS for the first time. Though mine came back with "low abnormal cell change". Was all clear at the followup checkup 6 months later, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey HD,
    don't worry too much, I got called in for the results of my last one too & it freaked me out but it was all clear!

Also even if it does come back abnormal, it's not the worst thing in the world. I know quite a few girls (myself included, when I was younger) who have has "abnormal" Pap smears. I had to have an operation (sounds scary but it was SO no big deal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shrillian I had a bad experience when I was much younger (and built it up in my mind to be the scariest thing ever) so I hadn't been other than that one time! Now, after I went the other week I came out feeling a bit ridiculous for being so stressed about it. Lol.

I'm really frustrated that I can't get in for this ultrasound until next Tuesday though. Grrr. Just want to know if there's an issue with my ovary or not so we can stop worrying about it!

Currently waiting for DH to let me know if he has been approved for some holidays in June and July....fingers crossed he has and it brings us some luck (well, at least well actually have a chance of BDing at the right time for a change!!