Closed Thread
Page 17 of 95 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Had my follow up BT this morning. Told the levels were still only slowly rising (Oestrogen at 360), so have another BT plus scan on Friday morning and hopefully O over the weekend!

This is great news as last night (TMI) when I went to the loo before going to bed, had a big glob of CM, so thought I was in the fertile phase. Asked DH to DTD and he wasn't in the mood. Poopy head. I was very cranky and sad going to bed, so this news is great that I haven't missed out for this month.

Yay!!! We're still in with a chance!!
    Yesss! That's great news Shrillian! Everything crossed for you! Now, you just need DH to get in the mood. Start cooking dinner in the nude

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HillDweller - I was so cranky last night. He explained that "he" was in the mood, but his "ahem" wasn't. Go figure. I personally think there's something subconscious going on as we always end up in "fights" or "not in the mood" whenever it's the right time to BD. I'll see what Friday's scan and BT show and make sure he's willing and able between now and O!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @HillDweller - I was so cranky last night. He explained that "he" was in the mood, but his "ahem" wasn't. Go figure. I personally think there's something subconscious going on as we always end up in "fights" or "not in the mood" whenever it's the right time to BD. I'll see what Friday's scan and BT show and make sure he's willing and able between now and O!
    Maybe he's just having a moment and feeling a bit scared about the having a new life to take care of thing - like I am! Is he good at talking about his feelings? Hope he can relax and you can get back to business x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes sometimes it's best not telling DH where you are in your cycle so there is not that pressure to perform and it might feel more like BD for enjoyment not just conception iykwim?
    I second the advice of nude cooking tonight tho lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Yes sometimes it's best not telling DH where you are in your cycle so there is not that pressure to perform and it might feel more like BD for enjoyment not just conception iykwim?
    I really know what you mean by this - I think it happens the opposite for us - DH gets super excited asking "is it the right time? Now? Is now the right time??? Let's doooo it" LOL and (if he doesn't get snapped at with "I have no freaking idea when the right time is at the moment!") it at least makes me feel kind of under pressure, like we're trying to do something important, rather than just DTD for the fun of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

I asked him earlier last year about this as he'd been avoiding DTD and he'd admitted to me he was feeling used and not loved. Broke my heart when he told me that!!! We made sure to discuss this if he ever felt the same way again, so I'd like to think this is not the case again.

Also, I had a big meltdown after the last round of OI and told him how I felt "uncared for" with regards to what I was going through with OI and, before starting this round, I told him that we need to ensure we BD more often as I genuinely felt that we missed the "right time" for the last two cycles. He seemed like he was on board with that, which is why I don't think it's related to him feeling "used" for his sperm.

I'll have a chat with him next week if he avoids BD-ing this weekend to see what's up and remind him of our deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing Shrillian, that must have been devastating to hear that from him. Although I'm not there yet, I can imagine that TTC would most definitely take it's toll and probably affects peoples feelings in different ways. I actually remember now the first month after I went of BCP, although DH was the one who was keen to 'get the timing right' I know there was a few nights where I felt like he was pressuring himself to make sure we DTD (especially because he only has a week at home and then would be gone for two weeks) and I felt awful about it!

Good luck with your chat with him, as I'm sure you know, often just acknowledging that you've noticed the other person seems to be feeling a certain way opens the way to communicate about it and sort it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww hun.
    It's totally valid.
    Maybe make a deal that when you're out of the ovulation window that have more date nights and genuine special time to get more snuggles?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the weird thing - we always do! We're always winking and nudging and being generally flirty and silly with each other. It's like he has a sixth sense about when it's for BD-ing and when it's just plain old DTD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man. I'm a little jealous!
    You sound like you have a keeper! Hehe

You're right. It's a little hard to navigate.
    Wish I had some advice. At least in the plus side, he wants you lots!!!

PS; check your messages. Someone's sent you a special request

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (30-04-2014)