Closed Thread
Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand what you mean Shrillian, I've been too scared to join one of those testing threads because I had a read through and thought it would probably make me feel stressed!

What do the CD21 bloods tell you Delirium? I literally have NO idea about any of the testing available for any of this stuff! I they can give you get some answers you are looking for! If my cycles continue to be completely weird (and I'm starting to worry that what if that means I'm not even ovulating..?) I don't even know what tests I should have done or what's available

I'm feeling really annoyed and self doubting today. I remarked to a friend (someone I thought was quite close and switched on) that I am so looking forward to having kids, but at the same time, I'm also rather terrified. (Given that I never wanted kids before, so I never really bothered to learn anything about them and this whole situation is so new to me. Plus, Im the type of person who researches things to death and knowledge is the only thing that puts my mind at ease about anything) and she said, quite nastily, "well, clearly if you're scared, you're not ready to have kids. You should probably stop trying until you're actually ready. You shouldn't be having kids unless you're only having positive thoughts about it". WTF Someone please tell me it's ok to be scared? Even if it's something you want to do, that it's ok to be scared of the unknown? I am literally petrified of doctors, always have been, especially of anything of a 'personal' nature, due to some bad experiences when I was young. I'm scared that I'm going to be out of my depth once we have a baby and scared that when I get pregnant, I'm going to feel intensely happy, followed by a feeling of OMG this is actually happening . But I feel like I must be ready, since I feel all those things, but want to go ahead with it anyway! Please tell me this is an ok way to feel??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Day 21 bloods measure progesterone, which tells you if you ovulated. Bc I'm on clomid my cycles are text book day 14 ovulation, but if you have a later o you just add a week and get the bloods.

I've had everything done lol I've had 3 internal u/s, bloods, a HSG (where they put a balloon up there into your uterus, blow it up then run dye through the uterus and tubes to see if anything is blocked. About 2 months ago I had a lap and another dye test. Those would be the ones I would look at - start at your bloods. It's a pretty definitive. I would also suggest you do temping - it's pretty good for pinpointing ovulation (I did it for over a year and it made me neurotic lol so I stopped).

When I got pg with DD (we tried for years and years) and while I was utterly over the moon, I was terrified of repeating the mistakes of my mother. Could I handle the sleepless nights? the responsibility? What if I turned into my mother?
    A mild to moderate level of angst over what parenthood will bring is pretty normal I think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aha, thanks Delirium! With the temping, you do it first thing when you wake up each morning don't you? And does it have to be at exactly the same time? I will go to the doctor and ask about getting some bloods done. I know we've only just started trying but I'd hate to be going along thinking it will just happen and then find out there was something wrong the whole time!

Thank you, and that's just what it is for me - I feel like I just know nothing, give me a dog or a chicken and I have no problem, I know all about what to look for when they're sick, I know their body language out of the corner of my eye, I'm completely comfortable with all that.....a human baby....no idea! And I've never been very comfortable around kids at all, they are just so foreign to me. But, I guess once upon a time I didn't know anything about raising animals either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep at the moment you wake, at the same time. You might as well get the bloods done, it's just a simple blood draw and could save you months of wasted time and disappointment if there are issues there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sound like a good idea. I'd rather know if there is an issue right away so I could get on with doing what we can to fix it

Thanks for the info, that was super helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @delirium - very true. I don't mind their optimism as much, I think it's more the crazy every-twenty-minutes-updates with symptom spotting. I feel like shaking them sometimes and saying "calm down!". I'm genuinely happy when they get their BFPs, but their blind faith in me getting mine is a little hard at times. Yes, it would be beyond thrilling to get a sticky bean, but I know better when things are happening and not with my body. I don't think I'm explaining this very well... It's not reading like I'm feeling. Sorry.

Good thinking with your CD21 BT. Would be good to definitely pin point O has occurred.

@HillDweller - don't feel concerned about any apprehensions with having children. I think it's completely natural to have those feelings - it's a life changing experience and I doubt anyone can truly say they were prepared for what was in store. We know things will change when we become parents, but I don't think it's something we can really prepare for in advance.

Will you see a GP or will you ask to go to an FS? Either way, when you go to your GP, make sure you tell them you've been trying for a while so they "take it more seriously". Most have a tendency to make you wait for a minimum time (6-12 months) before referring you for further meds/to an FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shrillian, I guess, thinking about it, I'd rather be feeling scared of a life changing event than barreling towards it thinking it's going to be a walk in the park...and then just freak out when I get a reality check!

Good idea re saying we've been trying for a while. The only doctor I've been to in the last several years is a nurse, but she is really lovely and knows both me and my DH. I've had PID before so I think if I have a chat to her she'll give me a referral to someone really quickly. Maybe I'll get bloods done at a GP first, then if it looks like there is any problem, I'll go to a FS from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    HD - that was a pretty insensitive thing for your friend to say. I feel exactly the same as you about the prospect of having kids. Think it means we have some sense of the big life change we are signing up for & are being realistic that it will bring different emotions.

sorry to hear about your BFN. Don't worry too much, only been trying for a little while so far. My doc said to come back after. 6 months of ttc.

Also if you had a period after coming off the pill I think that means you O'd - from what I have read a period always follows O.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AJsyd For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AJsyd View Post
    HD - that was a pretty insensitive thing for your friend to say. I feel exactly the same as you about the prospect of having kids. Think it means we have some sense of the big life change we are signing up for & are being realistic that it will bring different emotions.

sorry to hear about your BFN. Don't worry too much, only been trying for a little while so far. My doc said to come back after. 6 months of ttc.

Also if you had a period after coming off the pill I think that means you O'd - from what I have read a period always follows O.
    Thanks AJ, I'm so glad to hear you feel similar to me! I'm not sure I've ever felt completely "ready" to do anything I've ever done in life, if I waited until I did, I'd probably never do anything I have just found out that this same friend told her Sister (who is also TTC) that if she doesn't at least have half her mortgage paid off, she has no business having kids, because she wont be able to afford to give them the best in life. Now I am completely convinced this girl is just an idiot, and a rude one at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had my follow up BT this morning. Told the levels were still only slowly rising (Oestrogen at 360), so have another BT plus scan on Friday morning and hopefully O over the weekend!

This is great news as last night (TMI) when I went to the loo before going to bed, had a big glob of CM, so thought I was in the fertile phase. Asked DH to DTD and he wasn't in the mood. Poopy head. I was very cranky and sad going to bed, so this news is great that I haven't missed out for this month.

Yay!!! We're still in with a chance!!