+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick read though & I have to disagree on the catty thing. Maybe if you were told by a family member from a young age it all seems very obvious (like so many things that you go "oh! Of course!" when you know better ☺️)
    I one of those who wasn't "taught" what to do & probably did the wrong thing for quite some time. It all came down to my mother not wanting to talk about ANYTHING that may or may not happen to one's body at any given time. Hell - I had to buy my own sanitary products because she simply denied that I got periods!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-04-2014),penny92  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt know until late teens when doc told me how to avoid re getting my uti all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know until late teens and felt so bad when I found out the 'correct' way. However I tell my 3.5yr DD to do it the right way and she just does it back to front while I'm right in front of her telling her front to back :/ I think she struggles to reach or something???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    I didn't know until late teens and felt so bad when I found out the 'correct' way. However I tell my 3.5yr DD to do it the right way and she just does it back to front while I'm right in front of her telling her front to back :/ I think she struggles to reach or something???
    I think you are spot on with the not being able to reach properly. DD has the same problem - once she fell off the toilet! I feel that communication with children about this sort of thing is alot more common then when i was a kid. Not as much is taboo it seems.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Bumpmakes2  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't wipe we pat :-p for number ones anyway, number 2s wipe front to back...

And I just had a childhood flash back! Mum always told me 'front to back'.. One day I wiped poo up my back :-/ from that day onwards I've wiped both ways :-p

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm another who was never taught the correct way as a child. I can't even remember when I found out the correct way. I've never had any issues with UTI's though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In response to your OP, I was taught front to back. It's what I've taught/will teach my girls. It may seem like common sense but to a little kid- not so much!
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 07-04-2014 at 14:56.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Front to back. Don't actually remember if I was taught it or not? I DO remember being told at school later in life and then having a freak out every time I went to the loo to make sure I was doing it the right way. I do wipe back to front in cases of bad poo, but not enough to push towards the vagina (if that makes sense). Never had a UTI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually find this really weird. I've always wiped back to front, and yet I've never had a UTI in my life and never wiped anything horrible from "there" to "there". Do people actually reach in from behind to wipe from the front to the back??? That seems so totally weird to me!! Hahaha. Had no idea I was doing it "wrong".

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (07-04-2014),penny92  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A few off topic posts have been removed and may I gently remind all to report if you feel a post needs reporting. Thank you.