+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Need advice - is this even going to be possible?

I REALLY really need to go back to my studies. I need to feel like I am still set out to achieve something for myself. Hubby and I have already said that I will not go back to work until babies are at school which is years away so in the meantime I need to give "myself" something each day.

I have a 2.5 year and #2 is due in July. My uni goes back in July. I am only going to attempt the one unit but at least it is something for my brain to keep churning.

Here's the catch. I have NO support. NO babysitters, NO parents or inlaws to help, only ME!!! DH is far to busy to commit to anything but will help as much as he can when he is home (FIFO) but very all over the place FIFO. Oh and daycare isn't an option for us.

Is study achievable with 2 babies? I just can't sit here anymore I need to do something for myself.

Or am I being totally unrealistic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im doing a course through career kickstarter, you can do it all via distance and at your own pace, they also give you an ipad or laptop to aid you in your study

mother to a beautiful baby boy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Evocca college its called, and I have a 7 month old.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Yes definitely achievable. Starting with one unit is a great way to ease back into it all.
    Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    THANKYOU as everyone IRL keeps telling me that it's not achievable at all especially with a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it would be more achievable with a newborn, at least they aren't always at your feet demanding something.
    I find setting aside certain times works for me, I have set nights that are for study and on those nights other things are let go a bit (eg we might have sandwiches for dinner and no cleaning is done). You won't know if you can do it until you try.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have gone back to studying this year but my kids are a bit older @ 3 and 4 yrs. we also have no family, support etc. My eldest attends kindergarten 5 days a fortnight (2 days one week 3 days the next) and my youngest goes to the daycare on Uni campus for the hours I attend lectures. It's been a bit of a struggle but I am totally loving it and thriving on having something outside of being a mother.

The beauty of having really little ones is they still have regular nap times.... Would you study externally online?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's an idea. Thank you set myself a timetable I guess and stick to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I have gone back to studying this year but my kids are a bit older @ 3 and 4 yrs. we also have no family, support etc. My eldest attends kindergarten 5 days a fortnight (2 days one week 3 days the next) and my youngest goes to the daycare on Uni campus for the hours I attend lectures. It's been a bit of a struggle but I am totally loving it and thriving on having something outside of being a mother.

The beauty of having really little ones is they still have regular nap times.... Would you study externally online?
    Yes externally online but will attend lectures if I can. They are so flexible this uni it's great.

I've tried online where the uni is over east but I felt so isolated and not motivated. This way uni is up the rd and if I can attend I do if not I can still attend so to speak from home the joys of technology.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm going to try my best. Instead of reading bubhub whilst breastfeeding the new bub perhaps I can read uni stuff or even watch a lecture.