+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Getting in and out of the car with three was and is a blardy nightmare that takes ten years!

Number 3 was constantly in and out of the car asleep and waking (even with a capsule) with all the appointments and drop offs i had for school and preschool. It was Near impossible for her to get into a sleep routine, so was very insecure and clingy

The number of kids outweigh the parents and when the baby screams all of a sudden the other two NEED something desperately at the same time >_<

Lack of sleep means lack of patience with the older two. And looking after three peoples needs is just exhausting anyways.

No one wants to help babysit three kids at once! 2 no probs... 3 and you'd think id ask them to watch 3 million kids!

It now feels like we've been trapped in the baby stage just far too long.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014),glittertg  (06-04-2014),sky1  (06-04-2014),wigglemum  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with what has already been said. DS is #3 and I feel like a I barely remember his first year. Now he's 3 it is sooooo much easier but I kind of made it hard again by having #4.

#4 was a breeze in comparison. She's just slotted in. It's still a massive juggle and I mostly cope alone as DH works a lot of hours but 3 and 4 were amazing. 2 feels easy, for me 3 feels like family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I think it really depends on the baby. I honestly find DS3 the easiest baby I've ever met, he is just so easy going and he fits right in. My DS2 was an extrmely high needs baby (and child) so DS3 has been a breeze since we worked the health stuff out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Three is SUCH constant work. Coooonstant. More washing, more feeding, more cleaning, more whining, more homework, more sports, more playdates, more everything!! Oh and yes of course there's more love, more laughs, all the good stuff too, but geez it is hard work.
    Now that my eldest is getting older and having sleepovers, camps etc (this weekend he was on a bush camp from Fri-Sun), I really notice the difference when he's gone, life is SO much easier with two!

Sorry if that's blunt, but true for me.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014),GingerKat  (08-04-2014),gizmoduckus  (08-04-2014),Little Boys Blue  (07-04-2014),sky1  (07-04-2014),wigglemum  (06-04-2014)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Three is SUCH constant work. Coooonstant. More washing, more feeding, more cleaning, more whining, more homework, more sports, more playdates, more everything!! Oh and yes of course there's more love, more laughs, all the good stuff too, but geez it is hard work.
    Now that my eldest is getting older and having sleepovers, camps etc (this weekend he was on a bush camp from Fri-Sun), I really notice the difference when he's gone, life is SO much easier with two!

Sorry if that's blunt, but true for me.
    Eeeek don't scare me. I'm having #3 in sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to agree and disagree I have 3 dd1 is 5.5yrs ds2 is 3 and ds3 is 5 months.i found going from 2-3 easier then 1-2
    We tried for ages with lots of mc and eventually he stuck I think if you really want more then you know you won't stop till you feel like your complete.
    You can consider loads of factors as mention school preschool shops outings etc etc but your life can't change for a baby it just has to fit in with your lifestyle it's just what happens and it's seems to be fine yeah there's not really a routine like with the first and second but your much more busy then before I find it a little hard with school drop offs but his been great hardly winges he just plods along yes he naps Alot but on.y when out when we are home he sleeps really well.
    My first two are pretty good kids yes they fight and drive me crazy but what kids Dnt do that !.it makes it a bit easier also your way more relaxed then before you can't worry about noise or germs too much with two other kids running around touching the baby etc it will just drive you insane if you let things like that worry you the baby is use to it also being inside listening to that god it has no choice lol..
    I struggled abit because I had to have a c sec this time so recovery was hard then got an infection so it put me back more thankfully I had lots of family help ...
    I wouldn't change having 3 at all we still go for breakfast and do lots of things together I don't find money much different to before.
    We all think the same thing even with the first and second baby but really once you have them and you then suddenly don't remember what it was like before with one or two etc because this is what you have now..if you get what I mean.
    Sure I miss getting out the car alone and doing things when both kids are at kindy but now it's a little more of juggle going out doesn't take any longer though my two are really good they get dressed on their own nearly everything except get their food and ds2needs seatbelt put on for him but usually it's no problems I try and think of ways around doing what I need to do so I do online food shop to save stress of taking baby or two kids I drop my son to preschool first so my dd sits in car with bub rather get 3 in then out ,2 in 2out then 1 in 1 out then reveres in the arvo..I get things done with only bub avoid shops with kids as much as possible unless desperate
    Clean while I have all 3 home I keep them busy with something and that gives me time on days I then can do other things without them.packing bags at night cook slow cooker meals or easy meals bath or shower the kids while I get dinner ready have things for ds2 to do while I feed bub you just learn to work around things and become really multitasked youll amaze yourself..

I do have to say ds2 was and now does naughty things for my attention because he was the baby first the gap is exactly 3 years if I could I'd prob have a smaller gap or bigger but you can't pick when it happens ..I'm happy and even considering 4th to the brood mayb next year! Crazy mayb who knows

With what ever you choose you'll know whats right for you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chan87 For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Eeeek don't scare me. I'm having #3 in sept.
    Dont stress too much, everyone is different. When I was pregnant with #3 everyone told me how horrible having 3 kids would be. Of course it's more work but it is so truly worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing I don't know if I should be terrified the word outnumbered has been mentioned a few times

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (07-04-2014),MiloMel  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The hardest jump was going from no kids to one. That made me a parent. Everything after that has its pros and cons.

Don't worry about the baby years. They pass so quickly. I think about how in 20 years time I'll be surrounded by these wonderful children and their partners and possibly grandchildren. Bliss.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (07-04-2014),Funnels  (07-04-2014),GingerKat  (08-04-2014),MiloMel  (08-04-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! It's a lot to take in.

I don't have much help from anyone with the 2 I have, and I think they can be hard work sometimes, and I feel like I am constantly doing things now, and I am a big old irritable ball of stress as is.
    I am waiting though until the boys are older, in school what have you to really think about no3.

This has all been very helpful.