+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that as long as both sides are meeting the other persons sexual (and other) needs there should be no reason to cheats. My partner know its a big no no and if he ever did I would leave and same the other way around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No i dont think its acceptable unless it was decided by both parties at the outset that the relationship was 'open'. I think most ppl expect thier DH to be faithful. I used to think it wouldnt be a dealbreaker if my DH had a one night stand but as i get older and have children now i guess i expect him to be an adult and be in control and be a decent and faithful DH .

i would not envy anybody to be in the position of having to struggle to decide whether to stay after thier spouse has been unfaithful....ive seen first hand the damage done when a partner is unfaithful from my parents and my mother remained a bitter damaged unhappy person as a result of my fathers affair (the woman who he later married and had another child with)...from that i would like to "think" that i could walk away with my head held high if i ever found out my dh cheated....for me it would be a hard decision if it was a true "one off" (if that even exists) as i would be loathe to go out the way my parents did...for me i think if i was finding myself bitter and twisted and an unhappy person then i think i would have to leave...i do beleive some relationships can survive betrayl and other cannot and some ppl can survive betrayl but others cannot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh cheated on me 7 years ago and we broke up. Then a few months later we decided to give our relationship another go. We are now married and have 2 more kids.
    Cheating can happen for many different reasons. Not that it makes it ok. Dh cheated because of mental health issues. He had a tough time when he was growing up and felt suffocated. He realised his mistake and we worked on it. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it imo.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (07-04-2014),jesssalee  (07-04-2014),made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think its normal. For me, a relationship is built on trust. But in saying that i think its important to not look through rose coloured glasses all the time because sometimes you need to be suspicious. i know well enough that I'm awesome but thats not gonna stop a guy going out and getting his end wet if he's that way inclined. And if he cheats - seeya later!! I've been cheated on in the past and stayed - now I know my worth and wont put up with cheating in any form. Im 100% faithful and expect the same in return. Some people may turn a blind eye but I sure as hell couldnt.

Men cheat, not all but a lot do....as do women. I know MANY women that have cheated in relationships, women are as premiscuous as men these days. Its human nature to be tempted and sometimes give into temptation, its not just typical of one sex but that doesnt make it right.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christie24 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (07-04-2014),made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014),penny92  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Hahaha that's cute.
    I would laugh to. And Sometimes they are so oblivious to it.
    DH gets hit on often and he really has no idea. I'm like "how's your new gf Honey?" After noticing it and he's like "what are you talking about?"

He's even had girls mums trying to set him up with their daughters!!
    The other day he did a job for a lady and she was all like oh please let me set you up with my daughter!
    My dh used to work in a bottle shop. He quite often had girls give him their phone numbers

Who does that ??

He thought it was funny but chucked them out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way. I would never stay in an unfaithful relationship. I know 100% that DH would never cheat on me and I would never on him.
    If you love someone there is no way you could hurt them like that.
    Cheating is sick, wrong and there's no excuse for it.
    Exactly this!

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Short answer - No.
    Long answer - HELL No.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (07-04-2014),oozzle  (07-04-2014)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    A little off topic, but with regards to people wanting to be good role models for their daughters - while I do agree with this, I think it's just as important for sons to see what kind of behaviour isn't acceptable in a relationship. I couldn't stay with a partner who wasn't teaching our son to be a good husband and father.
    This absolutely. We have two sons and it's so important to DH (and myself also of course) that he teaches them to be good men and to treat women with respect and to be a gentleman.

Hubby feels very strongly about it. He will be the first to speak up if someone is speaking disrespectfully to their wife, girlfriend or any woman. He hates it when people call their partners their "mrs" "cook" etc he finds it very disrespectful.

I think its really important to teach boys what is acceptable just as much as it is to teach girls not to stand for anything less than what they deserve.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

cantwait1  (07-04-2014),made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    My dh used to work in a bottle shop. He quite often had girls give him their phone numbers

Who does that ??

He thought it was funny but chucked them out.
    Lol some are just desperate!!

Some girls do it in front of me, im like helllllo wife here!!! ***** off!!!!
    Lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (07-04-2014),IvyRain  (07-04-2014),made2bAmummy  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol some are just desperate!!

Some girls do it in front of me, im like helllllo wife here!!! ***** off!!!!
    Lol
    Do you think sometimes they see the wedding ring and figure if he's good enough to be married he must be ok ??