+ Reply to Thread
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Talking so happy with where I am

(A feel good story where you get to pat me on the back and hopefully might get a little inspiration if you are trying to do this too)

Well, after joining quite a few weightloss challenge threads ... and not doing them I finally seem to have got my stuff together.

In May last year I had major ankle surgery, so couldnt do much for quite some time ... but as part of the physio for rehabilitation I got into riding my bike again.

I have always loved bike riding, so it was nice to discover that I still enjoyed it .. and it was something I could do to help me walk around and stuff.

Anyway - DH's work pay for a gym membership for him, and we both seemed to be in a place of wanting to make some healthier lifestyle choices (in terms of diet and stuff) so we have both been more conscious of it for the last 8 or 9 months or so.

In that time I have
    - cut out junk food. (I still go out for dinner, or have the odd muffin, but not the daily chocolate/desert/snack that I used to have)
    - eat more vegetables/greens
    - eat MUCH more fruit (instead of the sugar hit, a fruit smoothie does the job)
    - exercised more

Cutting out junk food was quite hard ... but actually only the first month is hard. After that, I havent really been bothered.

Exercising more ... I go riding around 2 or 3 times a week, so its not like I am fanatical about it, and sometimes I go hard, others its fairly sedate. Its mainly been finding something I enjoy doing, and having a bit of fun doing it.

In 9 months, I have lost 8kgs !!!!! and am keeping them off easily. Through christmas (and the school hols when I couldnt exercise so much) I didnt lose any, but I didnt put it back on either.

I started out at 76kgs (I am quite short, so it doesnt sit that well on me) ... and now am 68. Even with just that, I feel soooooo good.

It has seriously made a difference in the way I feel about myself.

So ... the moral is .... dont give up. You can do it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (06-04-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (06-04-2014),Purple Lily  (06-04-2014),snowqu33n  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome effort Katiesmum and something you clearly worked hard to achieve after you surgery!!
    Sending you big hi5's.. It's amazing what a bit of exercise and healthy eating can do for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wtg Jules. So proud of you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Go you!

It is amazing how much some tweaking here and there and a few changes can help and they're the sorts of lifestyle changes that will endure as they're not fadsy diets, but changes that you can continue to implement everyday. Well done, you deserve accolades for that effort!