+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is anyone else underwhelmed by their Baby Jogger City Select?

When I was picking out a new pram for my new baby (my DS was only 18 months old) everyone raved about this pram. I was attracted toall the different positions it could do and since I had 2 pretty much babies it seemed the most comfortable choice.

First off for its price I was really disappointed it didnt come with rain covers...I dont know I assume its just kinda standard but my main complain is that it has all these position - but hardly any of them can have both children reclining...even a little

They cant face forwards and tilted back as the top seat digs into the bottom - they can be face to face but thats only if the top childs foot part of the chair practically sits in the lap of the bottom seated child and the only way both my kids can get a nap is if they both face me....which is exactly what a strider at only half the price does - and the main reason I didnt want a strider cause I felt bad for the bottom child now I envy them cause at least each child can see in front of them.

Plus the bassinette only works with the seat on top - that is just silly and every mum asked why I didnt have the baby on top....

Am I doing it wrong???? I am so annoyed I didnt actually try the different positions - I just saw this big diagram and didnt even think of the reclining part just assumed. Annoyed I wasted all this money and cant whinge to DH cause I begged him for this pram...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't like the fact I seem to have got a lemon. So far new seat, brakes twice and front wheels replaced

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bugger thats no good - is it in warranty cause all the reviews I read said that the company is pretty cool at fixing them???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes all under warranty but that's about to run out soon ....
    I'm a little concerned about this, considering we only have 1 and plan to use it with 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they are awful prams and I dknt know why people rave about them. They are about 3m long, they drive like tanks and seat positions are terrible. I far prefer my side by sides for twin prams. I have had a donkey and a mountain buggy duet and they are excellent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally understand! I don't have a city select but when I was looking to buy a double pram as my two children would only be 15 months apart, it was the 'it' pram that everyone recommended.

I didn't like it cause it is so big and long and you have got to clips seats on and the recline thing is annoying as both mine might need to sleep. And the price is so expensive.

I have a agile twin now which is a side by side pram but all of its pros ( both being able to sleep, easy fold. Light weight) outweighs it one con ( it's a bit wider then normal) but I haven't had any regrets. I have a cheap single for if either my husband or me take only one child out.

I feel your pain about not being able to complain, but I understand you don't really know a pram until you have had it for a few months. My husband was so sick of me talking about prams and visiting the baby shop to try different ones. But it is hard if you are not happy with your pram.

You could try and re sell it and then explore other options. I am sure you husband would want something different if he was un happy with his car/boat / surfboard or whatever he is in to.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Despite my issues mine does drive really well. Great turning too. It's narrow enough to go grocery shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I love mine but everyone is different. If you're unhappy with it you should sell it on gumtree. You'll get a really good price and then you can justify buying something you're more happy with.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

adden  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan either! I'd resell then buy something else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I think they are awful prams and I dknt know why people rave about them. They are about 3m long, they drive like tanks and seat positions are terrible. I far prefer my side by sides for twin prams. I have had a donkey and a mountain buggy duet and they are excellent.
    Drive like tanks? You must have a lemon because they are the easiest pram to push/manoeuvre!

I absolutely loved mine before I sold it when DD outgrew the pram. So easy to use, fold and lift into the car. Massive basket underneath and loved all the positions!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

adden  (04-04-2014)