Closed Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Still strugglering along at work I'll be 37weeks in Tuesday and finish next Friday.....I was so looking forward to finishing work but been training my replacement this week and I feel abit Empty because I've had my career in my life up until next week it's such a strange feeling, I know this will pass once I have my
    boy in my arms anyone else feel like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ, I was totally unprepared for how I felt after finishing work when I had DS. I had a good job which I'd had for 15 years. I didn't realise how much my identity and self esteem was caught up in my job. I went from being respected and complimented regularly on my performance to feeling like a complete failure with my son! I actually felt that way for quite a while, even after my gorgeous boy was here and even though I never would have changed it. Down the track though, I got over it and realized my life had changed and moved on. There have been plenty of days though when I've thought going back to work would be an easier option than the full time mummy gig!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a very strange transition KJ. I felt very weird not going to work when I first started my leave, but then I found so much I wanted to get done around the house and got caught up in the prep for bub - it was lovely to be able to think about the impending arrival all day!

Speaking of work, I'm freaking out a bit. In my industry the recruitment process usually takes a while, so I put a couple of applications in for jobs closer to home last week. I just got a phone call to go for an interview next week! I'm not due to go back to my current job until August, but I'm sure the new place would want me to start sooner than that if I'm offered the position. I'm hesitant to leave bub in care so soon, but I also don't want to pass up a great opportunity to be able to work much closer to home. Major mummy guilt! What would you do if you were me?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais, I like to think that if I were in your situation I would take the chance to work closer to home. Work is currently a 50min commute each way for me, and 90min if I use public transport.

You can always go to the interview and stipulate your preferred start date. If you are the successful applicant you can always turn it down if you feel you're not ready and they can't accommodate a later start date.

Although I don't enjoy my job, it was a huge part of my identity. Living in another country away from close friends and family, work was pretty much all I had. I'm now reconsidering my career options for when I'm ready to return to work. We are even considering doing ivf as soon as ob/fs says it's OK then moving back to NZ.

Im having some success with bf and bub seems content with the amount she is getting. I also started taking fenugreek yesterdsy to increase my milk supply and haven't had to give any ebm or formula top ups today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone got an update on:
    * Orchids 26th – surprise!🚻= DOB

* Butterfly2013 7th - girl🚺 DOB

* SimpsonDesert 11th - surprise!🚻= DOB

* Nirok 12th - boy🚹 DOB

* Totwo 13th - ???🚻= DOB

* Kittybee 14th – surprise!🚻= DOB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly and twoto have both had their bubbas.
    Off the top of my head I think kittybee has as well - if I'm thinking about the right person from facebook.

Me...... still pregnant, no signs. Phoooey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ - wow your really working as close to the due date good on you!

Ngaiz - yay for no top ups hope it's a start of bf only for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - as I said to my Neice when she had to put her baby into daycare so she could return to UNI & work that if it's what you need to do it's better for bub in the long run as if you do it now then your stressing less later and that's better for bub on top of setting yourself up in a better position to be there for bub. For you this may just be to simply get more time to spend with bub due to being in a job closer to home or just not having to stress later when you want to return and can only find jobs further from home etc. bub will adjust your a better mum if you do what you believe is better for you and bub in the long run!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok are you able to find out what they had and when?

Sorry bub is keeping you waiting as I know your ready. Fingers crossed it's very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLover74 View Post
    Yep. I've got a white t-shirt under that black and white top. The black and white one is way too low cut to wear on its own.
    Your super funny .... A pin would work just as well and show off your figure much more
    Last edited by Jay11; 15-05-2014 at 21:43.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (15-05-2014)