Closed Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jay - I've been able to hand express colostrum for a couple of weeks now and I the last few days its been coming really easily when I palpate in the right spot so hopefully it will mean feeding shouldn't be a drama and actual milk will come in quickly.

Survived internal examination! I am 3cm dilated already, cervix nice and soft so she was able to do a good membrane sweep and expects I'll go into labour in the next day or two. Thank goodness!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exciting nirok!! Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer and that the pain you've had goes away quickly.

All the best today ann.

How can I encourage my LO to actively suck? I've tried keeping her awake and changing her. She mostly comfort sucks which leads to hours of feeding at a time and blocked ducts because she isn't draining them. They're so hard to massage out as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann super exciting day for you can't wait to hear your news! Since we have the same due date knowing you are meeting your little one today makes it feel like I should be meeting Junior too haha it's been a great journey together and lovely to have someone to travel it with! Best of luck with your recovery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea Ngaiz!!! (As I sitting here typing with a sleeping baby hanging off my nipple )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling so much better after reading back a few days. I'm really struggling with Matthew not sleeping well. Bedlover your suggestions are great. Matthew wakes up about 10 mins after I put him down. As long as I'm holding him he's fine but I'm getting frustrated, particularly when DS always seems to need something at that time.

Like most of you, he is in a bassinet in the lounge in the day and in his room at night. I get about 4 hours at night now I'm topping up with formula but can take a long time to settle after that next feed which is painful.

I'm probably feeding every 2 hours in the day, sometimes more, sometimes less. He is still very windy and feeding seems to help. We have a pretty unsettled time between 7.30pm and 9.30 pm too. I started giving formula then because I wondered about my supply.

Even though I have done this before I'm still struggling to work it all out. Newborns are gorgeous but hard work. DH has been really sick for the last 4 weeks with influenza and an infection and told to stay away from the kids. No wonder I'm struggling!

Ok, rant over. Hope all went well today Ann!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We came home today from hospital which is great. Ray was fitted with a von Rosen splint today for mild hip displacement. From being breech, has just effected one hip. Have to wear brace 24/7 for 6 weeks. I have been having a big cry about it but know it is for the best. Has anyone had this problem or know of anyone who has?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

The lc got me to angle Erin a little different to how I was holding her on the (.), so her chin was firmer into the flesh and her nose was almost not touching me at all. This did improve her latch and changed her from comfort to active sucking. Just a subtle little change can make a huge difference.
    Feeling pretty proud of myself & Erin today, first time we bf in public. Success!!
    Last edited by Amps; 13-05-2014 at 16:09.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (13-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (13-05-2014),Team panda  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for today Ann hope it's gone well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long now Nirok. I only got to 3 cm after hours and hours of induced labour so sounds like a great start to me!

Ngaiz I have no ideas other than the standard ones you already know. I was told that one of the hormones were responsible for making mum and bub sleepy during feeds. I have nodded off too!

October it's amazing how you are coping with such frequent feeds, DS, and limited support from DH. Hope things improve soon.

ABH I haven't heard of it. Understand why it might upset you a little. Hopefully it doesn't bother Ray at all.

Congrats on a public bf Amps. With large boobs and feeding in a football hold I'm not sure when I'll be confident to feed in public!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH I would be upset by that too, but 6 weeks will fly by and it is so much better than the alternative of not having him in it.
    I know someone whose daughter was in one for over a year, that was really sad but it didn't bother her at all and she was very happy!