Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy anniversary Arlais

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I need some support with feeding, settling too. Abigail has changed and just won't settle. It is 5 mins before she cries and I have to hold her or rock her in her bassinet to get 45 mins...if I'm lucky.
    Hwaterhouse- how long are you waiting between feeds? Abigail is about 1.5 - 2 hours. What makes your feeds structured? I think I might need to call the nurse because, like you said, Abigail is missing out on lots of developmental rest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda - that makes sense and I will be doing the same, bassinette in the lounge during the day and night in the room with us. Try and get some sense of day and night. Also I have my little ques of morning massage and late afternoon massage let bubs lie around awake looking like a little pickle then give a bath using the JnJ (you can use any brand) Lavendar bath. Just trying to create familiarity with smell ques, etc. massaging does help bub but if you do it, you have to carry on all the time otherwise if they miss they will find it hard to settle without it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pls tell me the spinal block injection won't hurt! Do they give anaesthetic to numb the area beforehand ? Is that a shot ? Ouch! Had another round of severe cramping this arv thought I was going to go on today! Have been really cranky with DH, poor DH. Tomorrow... scary...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa my nurse told me not to let V go for more than 4 hours without a feed because of her weight. The thing is that when we are going through her unsettled periods, of which we have had a few lately, I am feeding 1.5 to 2 hours apart. This has happened the last 2 nights in a row. But she has been over tired as well and very hard to settle without a feed.
    Today we have had a good day and she has slept well. I would like to set a structure based on Save Our Sleep. At the moment though, she is still so little and I'm just holding off for a while longer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, I am the biggest sook when it comes to pain and I barely felt the spinal. Looking back I was so worried about the whole thing but the theatre staff and DH where fantastic and once you see and hear your bub, that's all you can think about. It really wasn't that bad at all having a c section. I'm moving around pretty well and feeling better every day. For me having little to no sleep is the killer.

All the best for tomorrow. How exciting!!! X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann the anaesthetist, doctors and nurses were so fantastic at keeping it all calm and relaxed. Everything was explained as they were about to do it. The spinal blocker wasn't really that bad. I could feel it being pushed in but the area was localised so it wasn't painful. The numbing came on very quickly, in a matter of minutes in fact. The whole Caesar experience was surreal. It felt like I was checking in to a hotel for the day and leaving with a baby. I have to say I would put the day that V was born as one of the most amazing days of my life. And to see the look on my DH's face, I've never seen him that happy before. It's such a special day, enjoy it and take lots of photos so you can look back on it as you will miss a lot of what is going on. Good luck tomorrow. X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann you won't feel a thing. They give you a local anaesthetic then insert the spinal. I was really nervous for nothing.

Yay another baby to add to our list! All the best xx

Nirok-Any signs of an impending arrival for you?

In regards to sleep, Lexi is doing pretty good but I think that has a lot to do with the formula. I've read babies tend to sleep better when given formula. She sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time. At night the bassinet is in with us and in the lounge during the day. Shes awake between 10am-1pm and I put her in her rocker for short spells. I really want to try my best at getting her into some sort of routine before dh goes back to work.
    Today I've put her in her room in her cot with the curtains open and just carried on as normal with the TV, vacuum and washing machine which is right next to her room. Yesterday she slept through the smoke alarm when my cousin burnt the meat on the bbq.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 12-05-2014 at 21:02.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014),Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Ann wow can't believe it's your turn already can't wait to hear you announcement.

My friend who was having twins but lost one is being induced tonight I'm so excited for her as bub A made it all the way and she 37.2wks today! Even the fact that she's able to be induced instead of having a csection like she was told she'd have to have is amazing!

38.2wks today and hubby took some pics for me
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399893545.021583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399893597.883230.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399893618.404569.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399893636.173902.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399893671.256238.jpg

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014),Team panda  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those having trouble settling, forget about self settling for now and feed or rock bub to sleep. Once eyes are closed you need to keep holding bub for up to 20 mins once they move past REM sleep and into deep sleep. You can tell the difference as REM sleep they pull faces and you can see eye movements. Deep sleep they are still and look pale. Once in deep sleep you should be able to put down in cot with out waking.

Do this for at least a couple of cycles to catch them up on sleep. REM sleep isn't restful and they are still tired after. Also try and keep them up for no longer than an hour (this includes feeding and changing and settling). Once bub is less tired they will settle easier. Sleep promotes sleep!

Make sure bub is full with a clean nappy, is burped and tightly wrapped (with arms down works best for us).

Also, try for not too much stimulation whilst awake - this includes looking into each other's eyes, passing them around etc, talking to them etc. this just winds them up and makes it harder for them to relax.

It is trial and error but this has worked for us with DS and DD who were both v different babies.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (12-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (13-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (13-05-2014),Team panda  (13-05-2014)