Closed Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck today rtkirk! How exciting :-)

Officially due date and no action still here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck rtkirk! Wishing you a smooth journey! Wohoo! We were due around the same time too. It's sinking in that our babies will be here soon...exciting.

Veritas - your due date has arrived! I was expecting you to have a baby by now. I guess bub will come when ready...but it doesn't make the wait any easier does it.

My midwife suggested we try a few things from 39 weeks. Obviously they're not definite labour starters but could help:
    * "hot night"- which consists of a hot curry (I'm usually a butter chicken girl) and hot sex. She doesn't want me to try it too early and get dehydrated (from the repercussions of the curry) if the baby isn't close to coming out. And I've had NO signs as yet.
    * raspberry leaf capsules
    * nipple stimulation - she reckons if I was given a baby to breastfeed now I'd probably go into labour
    * and just more sex...DH and I joked asking "can we get a prescription for that?"

Till then I'm keen to rest and stay as relaxed as possible. Plus she is away till next Monday and I'd really like her to be there.
    My midwife mentioned a membrane sweep next week (39+4) but then sort of steered off the idea. I don't really know too much about that. Might do some reading up today.

Good news is I've managed to pump my iron up a bit more. It's still on the lower end but not as bad as it was. Makes it less likely I'll need blood on hand at the birth. And I don't have GBS!

Was a little concerned about our measurement yesterday. Only went up half a centimeter when they measured the fundus. But under her hands she said it felt ok and had a brilliant heart beat. So I'm hoping bub is ok and still growing.

Hooray to whoever states mat leave. It really is the best time and I'm so glad I left myself this time before the baby. By the end of work I was so exhausted and what we're facing is more exhaustion. We need this time to rest up and prepare xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I have a huge catch up to do- on the way to work now so just subbing will have a read tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Veritas! Sorry to hear there is no action. That would drive me mental! I'm already looking for signs that I'm a few weeks off. I'm 37 weeks today and I've only had occasional stabbing pains in the pelvic region and a couple of instances of period pain which are signalling that I am towards the end of the pregnancy - but my pelvis doesn't feel like it's relaxing/loosening, the plug is still firmly in place and while my baby is 'engaged' according to the doctor he/she hasn't dropped fully into my pelvis yet. Still plenty of time for me though.

Must remember those tips Lotsa for two weeks time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck rtkirk! wooo more bubbas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best rtkirk!! Another bubba on the way! Yay!!

Happy Due Date Veritas! I really hope bubs makes an appearance soon. Fingers crossed it's not too far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Rtkirk! Hope all goes well for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk the day has finally arrived. I hope it all goes smoothly. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best Rtkirk.. Thinking of you and can't wait to hear the wonderful news!!

Veritas hopefully not too long to go for you!

On the way to my 36 week scan.. Can't wait to see the little one.. So glad I'm on mat leave now. So tired and having afternoon nanna naps which helps. Started washing the little ones clothes today

Hope everyone else is well.. Thanks for all the tips from the new mums.. It's so hopeful and much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Rtkirk for today, hope you are not too close behind Veritas