Closed Thread
Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome home Ngaiz!! It's so nice to have our little miracles at home

Thanks for the BF'ing tips ladies.. I'm going to call the hospital today as they have a BF clinic and it's complimentary if you've had a baby there..

Jay sounds like a wonderful day at the baby shower, you look great

Mia is one week old today! I can't believe it's gone so fast already.. Everything is perfect, we just need to get over the BFing issues. DH has been wonderful! I'm actually really surprised how well I've recovered from the c section..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a great baby shower Jay and such a busy weekend, make sure you get plenty of rest before bubby gets here! I love the name guessing game & the decorative letters - can't wait to see them! My baby shower was booked in for June 1st but clearly that's not going to be happening 😞 will have to see how things go before re-scheduling it.

Still ticking off days in hospital... Had all my family in yesterday for an early Mother's Day as Mum is going away on Friday (she's not happy about going but it was booked long before I was pregnant with a group of people so not so easy to cancel) it was so nice to have everyone in then last night DH & our dog came in... Was so nice to see her, I got lots of kisses on my neck when she saw them then she fell asleep on the bed next to me, such a sweet girl!

Hope everyone had a good weekend 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb - maybe you can have it as a BabyShower-After-Party and that's when they can all meet the your new family! Reckon that would be just as fun! And you could eat the soft cheeses and yummy stuff guilt free!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Jb - maybe you can have it as a BabyShower-After-Party and that's when they can all meet the your new family! Reckon that would be just as fun! And you could eat the soft cheeses and yummy stuff guilt free!!!
    I agree Jay, it's what my mum wanted to do anyway as she's not a huge fan of baby showers, she wanted to do a "sip & see" - which would be funny to be eating Brie & sipping champers - can't even remember what it's like to eat/drink those things!! I would have liked a nice afternoon with the ladies in my life before bubs! But life sometimes throws curves balls! At the end of the day it's about having 2 healthy babies - that's the most important!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other option is to have a little get together with your friends at hospital like a morning tea in their visitors lounge or somewhere at hospital - if they have a meeting area like ours does. It'll help pass the time and that way you can see them before bub or if not hooked up see if you can have a few hours leave pass to go to somewhere nearby and do it there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    The other option is to have a little get together with your friends at hospital like a morning tea in their visitors lounge or somewhere at hospital - if they have a meeting area like ours does. It'll help pass the time and that way you can see them before bub or if not hooked up see if you can have a few hours leave pass to go to somewhere nearby and do it there!
    I'd love to be able to do that but I have to be on bed rest 24/7 (except toilet & showering) and on a 45 degree angle (decline) so unfortunately there's no chance of that happening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have a baby shower, but we are considering a "Baby Q" in a few weeks for family and friends.

Jb-i think this option would be good for you. Your bubs are likely to spend sometime in Nicu/Scn so coming home is going to be a big deal, I think you should have a big celebration.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 05-05-2014 at 19:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    I'd love to be able to do that but I have to be on bed rest 24/7 (except toilet & showering) and on a 45 degree angle (decline) so unfortunately there's no chance of that happening!
    JB how does that work? You sleep like that too? With feet down?
    What is the medical rationale behind that?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just really interested!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question for the new mums. Was there anything you wish you had whilst in hospital? Or made DH go out and get for you. Just finishing off packing my hospital bag for my c section on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Jeannie on baby Ryan! He's gorgeous!

JB- glad your fur baby got some mummy time. I'm sure she was in heaven being with you. I know it sux not to have a baby shower but you are right that your babies are more important right now and a nice celebration when you all get home will be beautiful. I didn't realise they had you lying with your feet up. How are you coping being like that? Hope you are comfortable. Have you been put on meds for contractions at all??

ABH- good question! Interested to hear some responses.

JJ- I can't remember if you are at st Vincent's?? If so how did you find it?

Jay- love your pics from your baby shower.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (07-05-2014)