18/04/2014- lotsathoughts -Abigail Rose
    21/04/2014- Team panda -Violetta
    23/04/2014- bedlover -Remy Violet
    23/04/2014- HamptonK Zeke Jackson
    28/04/2014- JJTiger -Mia Teresa
    29/04/2014- hwaterhouse - Elizabeth Ann
    29/04/2014- Ngaiz -Lexi
    03/05/2014- jeannie1 -Ryan Alex
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 05-06-2014 at 11:31.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (03-05-2014),rtkirk  (04-05-2014),Spidery  (03-05-2014),Team panda  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats jeannie and welcome baby Ryan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Jeannie1, he is gorgeous. I love hearing the birth stories, they always make me feel emotional.
    ABH that last weekend is so surreal. You are waiting for something big to happen but almost can't contemplate how life changing it actually is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jeannie! Go you!!! And welcome baby Ryan. Gorgeous name x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all and welcome to the world to all the new babies. I won't even try and do personals. Sorry I haven't been on in ages. Great to hear how you are all going. Sorry to hear some are struggling with breastfeeding. It is so tough first time round to get established - well I found that anyway. With this little one, thankfully we haven't had any issues even through those first few days of feeding frenzy. I was more confident in ensuring she had a good latch and just let her do her thing to bring my milk in. First time round was a different story altogether. My DH was involved, every midwife seemed to show us a different way of doing things! We had nipple shields and even a little plunger called a 'nipple puller' which helps if your nipples are a bit flatter.
    All is going well for us except the nurse who came to see us for the home visit detected a clicky hip so we have a referral to the hospital to have it checked out. Hopefully it will resolve itself and won't need treatment but better that it was noticed now than further down the track. Apart from that all is well.
    As for things I have found useful, my breast friend feeding pillow has been great. It is important to keep good posture while feeding. otherwise you end up with back/shoulder pain. I also love the Bebe Au Lait nursing cover which is really handy for discreet feeding when out and about and also when bubs gets older and is easily distracted it helps them focus on the job in hand! I found it easier than using muslin wraps.
    I would be keen to join a closed FB group too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Jeannie on the arrival of gorgeous Ryan! He's adorable! I think you might be the first to go in natural labour and deliver naturally.., how wonderful it was all pretty quick for you!

Amps sorry to hear about your migraine. It's a tough decision about the injection. I guess you just have to weigh up all the pros and cons?

Ngaiz I know, mine are massive!!! Hard as a rock even after I feed, what the??

ABH enjoy your last weekend without Bubs and good luck this week!

AFM we are home!!! Yesterday was not a good day There were lots of tears by all of us. Mia was not settled at all. She's discovered she can feed in no time from a bottle when I express so refused my boob all day!! We hired a medela pump yesterday and I ended up giving her a bit of formula while I was sterilising the bottle and getting it all ready... Last night I expressed 50ml and gave it to her at midnight and are slept till 5am! Longest sleep ever This morning we are both happy! She actually breastfed this morning from my left but my right is so sore I'm going to express from it for the day to give it a break.

Question for the mums expressing. How much are you giving Bubs at a time?

I'm going to try and book in for a lactation day thing at the hospital to get on top of things..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! Congrats Jeannie. Welcome Ryan. Sounds like you had quite a hard labour but thankfully not too long!

Hope you are going well.

I think I definitely have the baby blues. I'm so bored of constantly being in pain breastfeeding and I dread Ellie waking as all that happens is I have an hour of pain BFing and she has an hour of crying to settle. I long to feel half human again. I can't wait for this feeling to pass. Having said that I'm still in love with her.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 04-05-2014 at 08:12.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those breastfeeding or those who have breastfed earlier children how long was it until it was no longer painful or sore (if it ever was for you)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jj-My midwives suggested NOT pumping as is makes the engorgement worse. What I did last night (which was exhausting) was have a hot shower as she starts to stir and massage the breast I'm going to feed from. Then feed until it's soft again. She falls asleep so I have to annoy her to wake her up. This took an hour last night at each feed but helped so much. Anything left, I massage out. Been told that if I do pump just pump for a very short time just to relieve that pressure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaterhouse View Post
    Woohoo! Congrats Jeannie. Welcome Ryan. Sounds like you had quite a hard labour but thankfully not too long!

Hope you are going well.

I think I definitely have the baby blues. I'm so bored of constantly being in pain breastfeeding and I dread Ellie waking as all that happens is I have an hour of pain BFing and she has an hour of crying to settle. I long to feel half human again. I can't wait for this feeling to pass. Having said that I'm still in love with her.
    What a cutie!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (04-05-2014)