Closed Thread
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate to be the killjoy but BF was no answer for me with weight loss. I gained 20kg with DS from 72-92kg. I got back to 80kg reasonably easily but I only got back to 72 at the start of this year and DS is 3! And that was only when I really decided to work at it. I just wasn't one of those people for whom the weight dropped off easily. Sounds like I'm the exception though! This time I've been a lot more careful but have still put on about 14kg. I will be trying hard to eat sensibly and lose it early on as I'm about to turn 40 and know it will be harder to get off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Ngaiz, you really made me giggle with the superwoman comment! I think it was mainly stubborn determination that got me out of bed so soon after surgery. I hate having tubes and things attached to me and I was keen to get those out and prove to the nurses I was fit enough to be moved to a room with a double bed after the mandatory first night in a single. I'd also read that it was best to stand up as straight as possible the first time you get out of bed. That and I'm a bit of a control freak so being stuck in bed not being able to move my legs and feeling helpless was not acceptable to me.

*graphic warning next paragraph*

I think there was about 8 people in the theatre for my c-section. One of the nurses offered to take our camera and get some photos of Annabel coming out. I had heard you can see the reflection of your belly in the exam light above you - but I didn't expect it to basically be a perfect mirror! I had a quick glance just after they cut me and saw that yellowy layer of fat just under the skin surface. It was a very bizarre, disconnected moment seeing my belly cut open and I avoided looking up again. I just focused on DH and he kept talking to me softly and constantly stroked my brow. I really needed that to keep me distracted from the uncomfortable feeling of them rummaging around my insides.

I put on 12.4kg total which is fairly average, but more than the recommended 9kg gain I was given being overweight to start with. You really don't have much control over how your body reacts to pregnancy, so as long as you're not going overboard with bad food it's simply a genetic gamble. Weighing myself this morning I've lost 8.7kg in 10 days (3.5kg of that being baby). A lot of that is simply from fluid retention. It's really important once you've given birth to drink heaps of water. I find breastfeeding makes me really thirsty anyway, but it's also good for flushing out your system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls thankyous for sharing your stories and pictures! Always so many differences between births! I hope yous are all doing well and i cant wait to be in the same position! Still doesn't seem real at nearly 35 weeks but im looking forward to it sinking in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also forgot to mention what stuff my ob had me use for the constipation. This is definitely TMI!! I needed 2 fleet enemas it was that compacted and solid. So not pretty and very painful. To keep things moving and to soften things up he prescribed lactulose daily, movicol 3xday, and pear juice. I did need 2 rounds of 2 glycerine suppositories to help after the fleet enemas. My first painfree spontaneous bowel motion afterwards was so much better than sex!
    The golden rule is to not use any high fibre options through pregnancy as it can make things worse.'
    I'm now managing on regular pear juice and plenty of water.
    The movicol was hard to swallow(not a nice taste) but I found having a pear juice chaser made it bearable.
    Hope this helps and I'm beginning to think I might be oversharing

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (06-04-2014),Arlais  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais-I'm the same, as soon as I can feel my legs I want that catheter out. As with any surgery, the sooner you get up the better. Providing there's no medical reason you can't. Well done.

Amps-I've taken your advice to ensure I'm regular now. Lactulose didn't seem to be very effective so I'm drinking Movicol twice a day now to be sure.

I have a car seat question. Dh is a mechanic and has installed hundreds of carseats before. We put ours in today and I'm not happy with the amount of movement it has. The tighter he anchors it the more upright it becomes and I know it shouldn't be held in place by the seat in front. Is this normal? The guide states that a small amount of movement is deemed acceptable but I think it's too much. It seems strange that there is no anchor on the front to stop the top moving.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 06-04-2014 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais- thanks for answering my question I will ask my OB on the process when I see her next. I guess each hospital does things a little different. I wanna see if I can see bubs coming out but not sure if I can handle it. Thanks again for being so honest! The books and websites don't tell you everything

Congrats to all those girls starting maternity leave. Enjoy, rest and nap as much as you can! You deserve it!

Amps- thank you for your honest account if your csection and your experiences after birth. It's so very helpful. Now that things are creeping closer I want to be super informed about everything.

Ann- that is so annoying you are getting conflicting information. The main thing is that baby is growing each day.

I have surprised myself and not put on too much weight. 7 kg all together. I was a size 16 before pregnancy so I knew I should really only put on 11-12kg. I think I might go over now I'm in the third trimester and bubs is just growing and growing.

This weekend has been so exhausting. For someone who has basically been on bedrest since day dot I've had a massive weekend. Last night DH, SIL,BIL and I went out to dinner at Manu's new restaurant here in melb. It was so lovely and nice to just get out but I was just so tired by 9:30pm.
    Then today we went to the baby show and I lasted 2hrs. But I did end up with the SRC recovery shorts for less than normal price and picked up some free samples and lots of info. I have basically been in bed napping since. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hard to get access tonight as app is down and website is taking forever to open pages ... What's going on!Anyway thanks for pics and info I'll try to type more tomorrow night but glad alls well with everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Amps, Keri and Arlais and for being so honest. Nothing beats a real life experience. And obviously everyone's experience is different.
    Oh Amps tried to take your advice about being regular but has been a slight issue the last few days. Had some prune juice but no luck. A bit worried but think a cup of coffee tomorrow morning might be the ticket

You must feel thoroughly confused Ann. I agree that the wait and see approach is probably all you can do now.
    Sounds like a busy but fun weekend Riss. Glad you found time to rest up.

Well I am being induced this morning so will be meeting baby 11 days early. Had to go to hospital on Sunday night to check my cervix and had a membrane sweep. A little ouchie. Going in at 7am and going on a drip. I won't have to have an emergency c section. My BP has gone down heaps but will probably have to have an epi to make sure it stays low. Ah well lucky my birth plan was to do whatever the dr tells me to do! Trying to sleep but it's not happening....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Rtkirk! Hoping it goes more or less to plan for you. Can't wait for your announcement. I hope Bubhub fixes it's issues by then. Bit tricky to get on today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all goes well Rtkirk! So excited for you!