Closed Thread
Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks to all of you for your advice and encouragement. I'm thankful that my issue at the moment is probably just something that will need to heal and a technical thing like positioning. Have the ointment, will 'air' my nipples more often, hand express for gentler treatment until I see the midwives at some point today and generally try to stay relaxed and positive. Bedlover I was so glad to get home. Couldn't sleep at all in hospital and picked sleep over the BF support. C-Section stuff still is uncomfortable 3 days on but I'm guessing that might be normal.

Thanks for dropping in Rachael and for your tips.

Amps I don't have a rash but it's early days for me.

It's great so many of us want to continue and I think there will be an even greater need for support or advice post baby than with pregnancy in some ways!

JJ yay for sleep and for going home!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ try not to worry too much about the weight loss yet - you're already doing the right thing by offering a top up if bub hasn't had enough and you should see an improvement really soon.

The hydrogel discs are amazing to help soothe sore nipples - DH said I had orgasm face every time I popped them in my bra at hospital lol. Sometimes I also hold a heatpack on my boobs which seems to help improve blood flow and makes it feel better.

When one of my nipples cracked and bled I fed from the other side the rest of the day and very gently tried expressing from the cracked side later that night. I let her feed from that side the next morning, but only after she'd had some from the good side so she had passed that "feeding frenzy" stage.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (02-05-2014),JJTiger  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just had my follow up appointment regarding my Gestational Diabetes. Now they've made an appointment with me with an obstetrician for next Friday to discuss delivery options (even though the GD is being well controlled with diet alone).

Sent from my ZTE T28 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nipples!!! Damn things. We are all having issues aren't we. I was able to hand express around 15ml over an hour and a half last night but have bruised boobs now. The mid wife grabbed the pump for me and it is so much easier and not painful at all. If you have access to one make the most of it. I'm going to continue to use it while I'm here so my poor little nipples can heal.

Dh has been great. I fed at 8:30 then expressed 5ml, gave Lexi that at 10:30. Feed again at 12:30 and managed to express another 10ml. Then I was able to crash and slept from around 2ish after another comfort feed, right through until 7:30 this morning. Dh used the 10ml for two feeds in that time. She is a little jaundice so I have to be up every couple of hours but doing it this way makes it bearable as we both get a good chunk of sleep.

I'm recovering from surgery really well and have been lucky enough to remain pain free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you're doing great Ngaiz! It's lovely having a partner who can tag team with you isn't it

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz our second night in hospital V was unsettled most of the night. We also introduced a dummy the day after and it was a great help. She will suck on it for ages when she is unsettled. I consulted with the nurses and paediatrician and they said as long as she has no problems latching then it's ok to introduce a dummy.
    V is also a little jaundiced. She is 12 days old today and her colour is much better. I was told to make sure she gets indirect sunlight every day.
    jb how wonderful to be able to bring the dog into hospital. Can you explain to me what a trained therapy dog does?
    i would also join a private facebook page if one was set up. I have found this thread fantastic. The maternity leave days it kept me sane, and I still love it now. I look forward to all the new babies coming along. It's a really joyful experience to share with others. Especially when it's been so hard to get to this point.
    Jj my bubs also lost nearly 10% of her body weight, but she gained it back within 8 days and that was with 3 hourly feeds. This week I'm able to feed just once during the night. She is a very good sleeper at night. But gee, is she noisy. I didn't realise what noisy sleepers babies were.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you've got it worked out Ngaiz. Well done!

Thanks Arlais, that sounds like some good ideas and are in line with what I just discussed with the midwife. Must look up those pads - they sound amazing!

Congrats Catlover on managing well. Hope your delivery discussion is encouraging.

So the midwife was very sympathetic when she saw my nipples. I have a few options. My milk came in while she was here so that was good. Basically I need to allow them to heal. I tried a nipple shield. It made it just bearable but I will be expressing, with a formula top-up until they have healed a bit more. Ellie has a bit of a tongue tie which when removed should improve things. Once sufficiently healed I can go back to feeding with the nipple shield. So pleased that last night I didn't hinder the milk coming in and that I have options. Thanks to all you for calming me down too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb, I'm so jealous you're puppy gets to visit, lucky you. I can't wait to get home and introduce my big boy to Lexi.

Cat-If you are able to manage your GDM then you should have no issues.

I think everyone is doing really well considering. Such great support for eachother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I didn't know you were pregnant / had bub! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is the best news I have heard today. So so pleased for you. X
    Yes we went straight into another two cycles when we could, now I have a little baby girl and the first Mother's Day to look forward to Congrats so happy for you to x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=
    jb how wonderful to be able to bring the dog into hospital. Can you explain to me what a trained therapy dog does?
    /QUOTE]

She went through training to become a therapy dog so that I can take her to hospitals, nursing homes etc these facilities get dogs to come in to cheer up patients as having a dog around makes everyone feel better. She lights up the room when she walks in the nursing homes where I take her, people just want to sit and pat all day long! It's very rewarding and now selfishly I'm so glad I chose to get her trained so that she can visit me!! They have to go through a series of testing ie: rough handling, temperament testing, food aggression testing, loud noises, unusual objects etc she passed with flying colours 😃

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (03-05-2014),Team panda  (02-05-2014)