Closed Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hwaterhouse this is the really tricky part. Once the damage is done to nipples the feeds can be so painful, even if no further damage is being done.

A couple if things that worked for me:
    - express with your hand til the flow starts and for a bit afterwards til it hurts less. This can relax the nipple and you can be as gentle as you need to be, before bubs then goes at it like a mad thing!!
    - Lansinoh cream rubbed into nipples after each feed. This stops nipple from drying out and promotes healing
    - lots of air time for nipples: get them out whenever you can!

Once you have gotten on top of the damage already done it will get much easier.

You poor thing, that sucks. I really wish they kept you in for longer - seems cruel to send you home before milk has even come in xx

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),ann17  (02-05-2014),Arlais  (02-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (02-05-2014),Ngaiz  (02-05-2014),Team panda  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It doesn't have to end hwaterhouse, the jan/Feb/march ladies from last year are still going and offer each other great support. No reason we can't too.

Breast feeding, the single most difficult natural thing we are meant to be able to do huh

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014),Arlais  (02-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hwaterhouse - I know most of the ladies from the jan/feb/march thread have joined a closed group on facebook to keep in touch. Not sure how to start one myself but would be very happy to join if someone does Definitely sticking around here too.

I need advice on how to encourage Erin to open her mouth wider, don't see lc until 12th May so think that might be far away.

Has anyone else got a rash on their face? My mother reckons some women get it from lactating. It sort of looks like prickly heat, it started on my right cheek, faded away after 4-5days and now is on my right ear, very annoying. Forgot to mention it when I saw the midwives but obviously it didn't stand out too much or they would've noticed it.

I'm expressing after every feed still as I know Erin isn't draining me. It does seem to be increasing my supply. I'm trying to do this as soon as I can after she's done so I can try to get the good "fat" milk, which we top her up with.

Made fried rice last night and managed to put some in the freezer. Making lasagne today and will be putting most of that in single serves in the freezer too. Dh goes back to work in 6 days and he's worried I won't have time to cook a decent meal while he's away. Any other suggestions on meals easy to freeze and re-heat?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amps View Post
    I need advice on how to encourage Erin to open her mouth wider, don't see lc until 12th May so think that might be far away.
    Amps my LC said to try once bub is on, putting your thumb and finger on their chin and pulling quiet strongly down to open bubs mouth wider. I sometimes use one finger on Remys chin as it is a bit awkward to get in there, but I can def feel the difference once I have done it as she pulls more into her mouth.

Hope this makes sense?!?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),Ngaiz  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping over from the Jan/Feb/March thread to say a big congrats to you ladies with the arrival of your miracles. They are all so adorable. A special congrats to those that have had it tough to get to this point. My LO is three months and the love for them just grows. I still look at her and have to remind myself that I'm finally a mum now with a precious bub. The thought of this not being possible sometimes still haunts me but I'm great-full everyday. Enjoy this time with your new bub. Just a few pointers.
    1) wind pain does start to settle after 2.5 mths.
    2) BF is so hard and sore at first. Lucky I listened to a friend cause it's so much easier now once your boobs settle.
    3) take lots of photos especially with those people that visit her in hospital.
    4) keep the hospital tags especially the ones of bub, great keepsakes.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 02-05-2014 at 08:31.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014),Arlais  (02-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (02-05-2014),Ngaiz  (02-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (02-05-2014),Spidery  (02-05-2014),Team panda  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew you lovely ladies would stick around. I love this group! The support and advice you girls have given is invaluable. I know as a FTM I'm going to need the support when baby comes and by then you'll all be seasoned experts in all things newborn.

JB- so happy you made the magic 28 week milestone!! Woohoo! I found I relaxed slightly after that and then set smaller goals. That's awesome your fur baby can come visit you. What a special dog you have. Mine would wreak havoc in a hospital

Btw I would join a private fb page if anyone sets it up x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Just popping over from the Jan/Feb/March thread to say a big congrats to you ladies with the arrival of your miracles. They are all so adorable. A special congrats to those that have had it tough to get to this point. My LO is three months and the love for them just grows. I still look at her and have to remind myself that I'm finally a mum now with a precious bub. The thought of this not being possible sometimes still haunts me but I'm great-full everyday. Enjoy this time with your new bub. Just a few pointers.
    1) wind pain does start to settle after 2.5 mths.
    2) BF is so hard and sore at first. Lucky I listened to a friend cause it's so much easier now once your boobs settle.
    3) take lots of photos especially with those people that visit her in hospital.
    4) keep the hospital tags especially the ones of bub, great keepsakes.
    I didn't know you were pregnant / had bub! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is the best news I have heard today. So so pleased for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If anyone would be interested in joining a private, closed Facebook page, at any time to keep the support going, I could try to set one up. Obviously, keep things going right here as well for those who can't or don't want to join the Facebook group.

Sent from my ZTE T28 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (02-05-2014),nirok  (03-05-2014),Team panda  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would join a closed facebook group with everyone but I'm also not going anywhere and will stay part of the thread, I've found all the support and advise invaluable from everyone. We've all had such a roller coaster ride to get this point and finally hold our precious little miracles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely not going anywhere ladies!! I too have been thinking about what happens once all of us have our miracles in our arms.. Wasn't sure if a new thread would be created or an FB page sounds great! Either way I'd love to be involved. We have been thru so much together

I too have had feeding issues with my princess Mia.. Tuesday and Wednesday night I didn't sleep at all. She cried most of the night and I found I was constantly feeding her but she was not satisfied. Last night we decided if it was the same that we would top her up with formula. We gave her 20ml and she slept for 4 hours! And so did I! My milk has come in this morning and the midwife will show me how to express today.. We're going home tomorrow.. My nipples are really sore too! Need to increase feeds to 3 hourly as Mia has just lost more than 10% of her birth weight

BF'ing is definitely harder than I thought but I believe it gets a lot easier we just need to persist! xx