Closed Thread
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't worry ladies, we will be here with you til the end! We have all come this far together we won't leave you now!!

Bit of an update from me. Today Remy is 8 days old! C section isn't causing any trouble and I haven't taken any pain meds at all today and feel fine. We left hospital on Monday and on Tuesday we were out at Westfield doing some errands and buying stuff for the little ones. Mum drove and we were only out for a couple of hours but it felt good to get back to reality! Wednesday it was raining so back to Westfield we went so DS could go crazy on the indoor play equipment! Both days we took Remy in her capsule and put it on the pram wheels and she just slept the whole time we were out (again, prob 2 hours max).

Remy is a really good sleeper. She is doing generally one 5 hour stint between feeds overnight and 3-4 hours the rest if the time. A feed/change/settle usually takes about an hour. My milk has come in with gusto and the poor little thing sometimes chokes on it cause it pours out without her having to suck! I think also I am much more relaxed this time around and she is a much easier baby to DS so makes it feel better all round. Only down side is being number two I don't have all that adrenaline you first timers have so am struggling with the lack of sleep. I have had arvo naps every day so far (which is what I should be doing now!!).

I think Jay asked about favourite items and I have to second the cloth nappies, I use them for lots of things every day. I also have fleece wraps from target which are awesome in this colder weather. Again, use them everyday as they are also good to put over the capsule as they keep the wind off. The other night Remy went through 3 jumpsuits and singlets in just one feed so I would also make sure you have plenty if those to hand (I bought more clothes as she is 00000 and I only had 4 outfits!). Other than that, another emergency purchase was a bath thermometer - forgot we would need one!

Hope you are all well and happy.... Snooze time for me! Zzzzzzz

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),ann17  (02-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (01-05-2014),Spidery  (01-05-2014),Team panda  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely sticking around to see all our May & June bubs come in! We've been together for the better part of a year growing our precious babies so I'm looking forward to "meeting" the rest of the little members of our group

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014),Spidery  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi , all my days just seem to blend into one another at the moment. Just wanted to congratulate Ngaiz on the birth of Lexi, I'm sorry it didn't go to plan. It seems like it never does. The main thing is that you are all doing well now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - same as bedlover and Arlais! I'm hanging around to see these gorgeous bubs join our group xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll definately be sticking around, I have no family support so need all the moral support I can get.

Lexi screamed/fed from 6pm-1am this morning, it was so hard The midwife came and took her so we could have a rest. We ended getting 4 hours after she settled her for us. I felt hopeless but have managed to keep her happy and content today. I've seen the lactation consultant today and my technique and her attachment is perfect but she chews instead of sucks and is destroying my nipples so we will try some hand expressing shortly.

I hope everyone is well, sorry about the lack of personals.

Eta-ann, the midwives are happy to take bub if you really need rest but it's generally only for an hour. They also have floor nannies but I haven't seen one around or been told what they actually assist with.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 01-05-2014 at 18:18.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014),Spidery  (01-05-2014),Team panda  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I feel for you. That is what my DS was like. He was really unsettled. He didn't chew but was a really sucky baby (ie. took a lot of comfort from sucking).

We ended up giving him a dummy 2 days after we left hospital which helped heaps. We also used infant friends drops to help him settle. I also found DH was much better at calming him when he was really unsettled - think he could smell the milk when I was trying to get him to sleep.

On the plus side, by about 8 weeks we had figured him out and knew how to work with him to settle him more easily, and I think he had figured us out a bit better as well.

Hang in there xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I'm sorry bubs isnt settling. It can be so upsetting when you try everything and they still won't settle. I'm sure you were doing everything ' right' but sometimes they just want to cry. Hang in there. We have tried a few things to settle bubs. Like Bedlover Lucas is a comfort sucker so we caved a got a dummy for him. What a difference it made.

Amps and Arlias I am finding bfing v challenging too. Sounds like u both are getting better at it/ with it but I feel like I am going backwards atm. Think I will have to go back to the lactation consultant to get the hang of it again. Still breakdown every now and then. It's hard not too feel like a failure when bubs is screaming cause he can't latch on.
    Last edited by rtkirk; 01-05-2014 at 22:41.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover as I now am a semi-permanent resident of a maternity hospital i've heard lots of midwives tell mums who are pacing the halls trying to get bubs to sleep to give the baby to them to settle as you're exactly right - they can smell the milk !

3 lots of good news for me today: made it to 28wks, don't have gestational diabetes & we got approval to bring my dog in to visit me twice a week (trained therapy dog) so I go to sleep happy tonight. Fingers crossed for many many more weeks in here 😃

Congratulations to all the new babies and can't wait to hear of more beautiful bubs entering this world. Good luck mummas to be xx

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),ann17  (02-05-2014),Arlais  (01-05-2014),bedlover  (02-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (02-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news JB! I'd be so upset not seeing my fur babies for so long, so it's great yours can come visit: happy mummy = happy babies!

rtkirk definitely go see the lactation consultant hun. Just remember that bub is learning as well so it can take some time for you both to get into the swing of things. Annabel has always had a great latch, but it took a little bit for her to work out she needed to open her mouth wider and now I hardly ever have to help her - even going back and forth between bottle and boob. They do learn fast though and there is plenty of help available.

I had quite a big leak (for me) when I offered Annabel a breast to help settle her earlier. She was asleep in a minute so I grabbed my pump and ended up getting twice the amount I normally would! I even ran the pump through 2 cycles on my left side because it was still coming

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-05-2014),ann17  (02-05-2014),rtkirk  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am having problems BFing. Ellie fed for hours in her first two days. She has a great latch apparently but I have flat/inverted nipples and I've ended up with bloody, blistered nipples. Before I left hospital yesterday I was given a nipple shield which she took right away but even with that BFing is painful. Last night I was crying and sometimes yelling out with the pain of it so DH stopped it. He went out and got a bit of formula to get us through the night until a midwife visits tomorrow. I had already called the BFA Hotline and the lady was lovely. She told me to try different positions but it just didn't work.

I'm hoping that it will all settle down soon. I too had midwives coming in to settle Ellie on both nights in hospital. I had never heard of Day 2 babies and was in a lot of shock.

I haven't even had milk come in yet and I'm struggling. Worried about what the midwife might say - but going to do my best.

Also, I didn't know this thread would come to an end - I just thought it would evolve into different discussions.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (04-05-2014)