Closed Thread
Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bedlover - yes you do have to fill it in the form attached to the proof of birth, apparently it is a little different, I didn't have it filled in when I went to centrelink and was basically turned away, so I filled it in on my way to another office where the staff are much nicer and are very helpful. Only went to the first one because it has the closest medicare office to us. I got them to check the form over before I left just to make sure I had filled it in right, didn't want to have to come back.

Looks like Erin and I might just be starting to get the hang of things now, she fed from me again, still had to top her up with ebm, but things ARE progressing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amps

That is great news about feeding, just keep up those cookies. There is also tea you can get (called Weleda Nursing Tea) which helped with my supply with DS. I got it from a health food shop but I saw it at a chemist yesterday which reminded me of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Amps on your breastfeeding success! Any victory is such a great feeling isn't it?

I went to a breastfeeding group today to get some advice about a lump and to chat about the amount Abi feeds. Have to rub my breast when she feeds, use warm compresses before a feed and hot showers to move the blocked duct. Also, need to try and maximize feeding time by keeping Abi feeding well and not sleeping/resting at the breast to try and increase the amount of time she sleeps. It's fine for baby but the nurse was worried about me and my energy levels.

Bedlover- I only had to fill out the back page for proof of birth for centrelink. I took a photo of it and sent it through on my app. We had our application confirmed before the birth too. This changed March 20, so some people at centrelink still don't know.
    I registered Abigail with Medicare and they said that it had all gone through.

If you're taking it in and have to deal with horrible staff like Amps it may just be easier to fill it out again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Amps! So pleased for you things are progressing well. I used nipple shields whilst waiting for some cracks to heal and I found bub transitioned well between shield and nipple if I stimulated it first to make it extend as much as possible before offering the breast.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont log on for couple of days and we have Three babies! Welcome Mia Ellie and Lexie and congratulations to new mums! It's always nice to read updates and experiences so thanks for sharing.

Amps - looks like Erins getting the hang of bf slowly !

Arlais - like your positive attitude towards feeding bubs. The most important thing is that she has full tummy.

Hope all the new mums and bubs are all settling in well

iam really busy getting organised and setting up temporary home (finally in Bris) There's so many things to buy! Hopefully I can pack those hodpital bags as soon as I have washed the new clothes for bubs and I !37 weeks, having a scan on Friday to determine c section date ! Haven't had a chance to gift hubby yet.

Oh I went to pick up pram which was supposed to be available in mid April but the they now say not available until June or change colour that may be available in two weeks Slept over it rang up a few places luckily I found 1 in stock elsewhere same price! So pick up tom and luckily the other place full refunded. Still need to get a bassinet!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (01-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (01-05-2014),Ngaiz  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies..

Congrats Ngaiz another princess for our group! Sorry to hear about your experience, looks like a few of us have had it tough and not go to plan. The main thing is we have our healthy miracles with us now safe and sound

Little Mia is doing well. She got weighed yesterday and hasn't lost more than 10% of her weight so we are happy! She's really got an appetite and my milk hadn't arrived yet so it's been a little tough.. We had our second night in a row with no sleep.. It's hard work but it's amazing how you just adapt. I love my sleep and I can't believe I'm actually functioning without it. Must be all the excitement having our princess with us.

Hope everyone else is doing well.. xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

ann17  (01-05-2014),Ngaiz  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't wait for more new arrivals to be announced and hearing about your experiences, I find it very useful for when its my turn...got a C Section booked for 4th June so 5 weeks to go!!! I felt our little bubs hiccup for the first time today it was so surreal I loved it!!!

Glad you got to Brisbane Anne was wondering when you hadn't posted on here whether you'd gone into labor in Sydney!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (01-05-2014),Arlais  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohoo May babies....it's your month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With so many babies already here, I'm feeling a bit like, is it ever going to be my turn - even though it's actually only approximately 31 days to go.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same way Catlover. I have 50 days till csection. You girls all better still be around when I have my baby! hehe

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (01-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (01-05-2014)