Closed Thread
Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Ngaiz! Hope you recover well.

Riss I always heard it was the opposite. IVF was statistically in the boys favour (as they are statistically faster in a dish) and ICSI were statistically girls (as they were easier to catch). So I'm no help

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you Spidery great news!

Glad you have found a few more things to try Amps and that you sound like you are dealing with it all better now. Hope it work but also hope you give yourself a pat on the back for your persistence even if things don't work out. You've shown your a strong mummy who is very dedicated to doing your best for your gorgeous Erin which is in the end what counts not whether you get the result but that you love her & tried but know that she will thrive with your love & support no matter whether she is bf or formula fed. I don't even know what my mother did and I reckon I turned out just fine even with her issues!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-04-2014),Spidery  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz so good to hear Lexi has arrived and you both doing well. Sorry that you birth plans went off track but glad you still got the end result we all hope for - a gorgeous healthy bub (or two) in arms! Welcome Lexi!

Riss - another icsi boy here for us!
    My understanding are the boys sperms are slower but last longer and girl sperm are faster but have a shorter life span but personally believe for icsi it doesn't matter as the select the best looking rather then faster or slower. Without icsi I think it would even out.
    Last edited by Jay11; 29-04-2014 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJTiger - congrats on the arrival of Mia- so glad you are ok now! Must have been scary!

Hwaterhouse- congrats to you too on little Ellie! Glad it went ok with cs in the end.

Ngaiz- what an incredible name- beautiful sentiment! I'd love to know how to pronounce properly? Ill go with lexie for now, congratulations! Sorry to hear about the GA but im sure you'll have plenty of beautiful moments over the next few days to make up for it.

Jay11- ill try the stretching. Have noticed less joint pain if a take more regular breaks and just stand up etc. thanks

I had heard boy numbers were higher for ivf, but this thread has been blowing me away with all the girl arrivals!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (01-05-2014),JJTiger  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz congratulation on the safe arrival of baby Lexi, what a beautiful meaning to her name! xxx

Riss- we did ICSI and got a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Out of curiosity- I was wondering if research is true regarding gender in ivf. Normal ivf results in more girls but icsi favours boys. Is it true in your case?

We did icsi and are having a boy.
    We did ICSI, and at our anomaly scan, we were told we were having a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful name Ngaiz. Congrats on your baby girl. Hope you are feeling great soon. Sorry to hear that the birth didn't go as smoothly as hoped but not sure anyone here has had a smooth go so in great company at least.

Fantastic news on baby Mia JJ. Glad you came through it all ok.

Congrats hwaterhouse on your baby girl Ellie- that name was on our short list!
    Welcome to all the new baby girls over the last two days! Gosh things happen fast on this thread! Who is next I wonder?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (01-05-2014),JJTiger  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I guess those theories go out the window! Hehe my SIL is adamant we are having a girl because she heard more girls are born through ivf. She'll be surprised! However looking at this thread she might be slightly right unless there is a sudden surge of boys coming through in our next lot of babies.

Hwaterhouse- my apologies for not congratulating you sooner. Welcome to the world Ellie!

I hope I'm not next! Still have over 7 weeks of cooking left to go. We had a growth scan yesterday and all is fine and baby is weighing over 1.75kg.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    May the month the boys triumph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a day for this thread!

Huge congrats to our new mummies.

JJ- well done on little Mia! I bet laying there looking at her would be absolutely amazing, I really can't wait to experience it, lap it up!

Hwaterhouse- congrats on the arrival of Ellie. You must be a superwoman, take it easy you've had a huge couple of days but hoping you are well

Ngaiz- welcome to your Lexi and what a lovely meaning to her extended name. I agree, it must have been very surreal waking up to a baby but she is here safely and that's all that matters.

I hope you ladies are feeling really well and recovering. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Riss- another ICSI girl here for us, I had heard the same has Hwaterhouse that boys dominated normal Ivf and girls were for ICSI but who knows

Berra- it sounds like things are getting fairly painful for you, you poor thing but glad you are finishing up at work and taking it easy. I really hope that it eases for you.

Spidery- awesome news for you, you must still be so happy with how everything is working out! How was your baby shower?

Rtkirk- I had been thinking about getting some cloth nappies as spew rags, etc and after reading your post, I'm sold! I was wondering whether they'd be good for protecting the bedding as well so thanks for the tip, anything to eliminate extra washing and I can't say it would be enjoyable to have to make up a cot over and over again. I hope you mastitis heals quickly for you too!

Amps- well done on making some decisions. You are doing an awesome job and it sounds like you are taking control and have some great plans in place, I hope you feel better about it all!

Thanks Arlais and Amps on answering my questions, you had some really useful info and I really appreciate it, thanks!

Any news from Ann and Orchids? It's getting closer for you too, Jeannie- I'm so excited for you all!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 29-04-2014 at 23:18.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (01-05-2014),JJTiger  (30-04-2014)