Closed Thread
Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might be a good idea Annerley just remind him that some guys get sympathy pregnancy symptoms eg lactation boobs, baby brain & weight gain! It might hold him off a little longer.

AFM - just a few little things like toiletry bag to go in hospital bag and have waterproofed the bed and carseat just in case my water breaks. Even started Epi-No training !
    So busy: this week our Pagola and spa area will be worked on but not finished so can't fill it yet but hopefully next week the pool fence can go on & then it's done, plus fish tanks arriving on Tuesday which is another project we are excited to get set-up before Juniors born (even though it'll be a while before we can put the fish in it).
    Then my Baby shower on Sat and one of the neighbours who's helping organise it has invited us on Sunday to her sons christening.
    The weekend after that another friend wants us to have dinner / BBQ at their place. Which leaves one weekend left without being booked out before Juniors due date but there is so much around the house to be done I hope we can factor in some chill out us time in the spa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My PPL will be in September as well after my employer one stops. Dh gets 2 weeks from his employer also and will be taking the dad leave at Christmas instead.

Annerly, I'm also wondering the same thing. This first timer business raises to many questions, haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley I did my application online and went in to provide proof of birth when she was only 6 days old - still waiting. I highly recommend saving up as much as you can to tide you over a gap in between your employers pay and CL. We put a fortnight's wages (for me) aside and I've got my fingers crossed that will be enough until CL starts paying me!

My c-section cost roughly $2k, but my Ob is a no gap provider so I wasn't out of pocket at all (they just sent me the statement to notify me the Ob had been paid). I haven't received any bills from the aenesthetist, so I'm assuming they've been taken care of as well. Just keep in mind that every time the paed comes into the room you're being charged for it. I got around $500 worth of bills in the post! Instead of paying upfront though I have given them to Medicare and they'll send me a cheque to pay with, along with the OOPE.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks ladies for letting me know what items you really like I'm keeping a list and looks like flanny wraps will be my next purchase

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB- keeping everything crossed that your bubbies stay in there for a long while to come. How short is your cervix now? I have a growth scan tomorrow and hoping mine is still at a good length.

Good luck for tomorrow JJ and hwaterhouse!

Thanks to all the new mummies for your honest thoughts and feedback about birth, breastfeeding and sleeping. It seems so daunting for a ftm to realise how hard things may actually be in the beginning but knowing we are not alone in this is comforting. I've been doing so much reading but it doesn't ever prepare you. I just want to say I think you are all doing a wonderful job and should feel proud.

I'm 31 weeks today and things are starting to feel real and I think DH is starting to get a little nervous. I think I may have made it worse yesterday when I was reading out my enormous list of things we need and he was saying do we really need this or that.( Eg a nasal aspirator thingo)I gave him the most horrified look and said you really have no idea what's to come and he genuinely looked worried Eeep!! Now he wants to do some reading although I told him the antenatal classes will help. Hehe can anyone recommend any dad friendly parenting books?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (28-04-2014),JJTiger  (28-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. Second dose of Prostin failed. Was given the option of c-section or the mechanical opening to give me a 30% chance of vaginal birth. Was surprised at how upset I became that things weren't working (so much for going with the flow). I opted for the catheter and had to have gas just to have it inserted as everything is so tight and I had bad thrush. I now have it in over night and will find out tomorrow how it went. Mentally I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might have a c-section. My lack of pain tolerance during the catheter procedure concerned me.

It's just hard when we are both doing so well and it's only going to be my due date tomorrow (well today). I feel like we're rushing things along ahead of schedule. Thanks for providing a place where I can share my fears etc. For some reason I feel safer sharing on here than with friends etc because I think I'll just look like a big sook to them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse sorry to hear the second lot of gel didn't work... I'll be thinking of you today.. I have no idea how I will respond to my induction this morning via IV.. Think I managed to get 3 hours sleep!

There were lots of tears last night. I can't believe the time has come to meet our miracle..

At the end of the day hwaterhouse if we need a c section, so be it.. Whatever brings our little chubbas into the world safely.

I'll keep you all posted today..

Thanks for everyone's support.. Like hwaterhouse, I feel like I can share all my feelings with you ladies.. Thank you!

xx JJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JJ. Of course you are absolutely right. Now I have some perspective I can remember trying to accept that I might never have a child. It's silly to focus on how when the miracle is so close. Of course it helps too that many others on this thread are coping fine with a c-section. Will be thinking of you today too JJ and look forward to your story. However we get there the outcome will be wonderful!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Now he wants to do some reading although I told him the antenatal classes will help. Hehe can anyone recommend any dad friendly parenting books?
    "The Dad Factor" by Richard Fletcher

We really liked this book. Easy to read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck JJ and hwaterhouse today. I know you're both facing the unknown but I hope you can find peace in knowing your baby is almost here. This is what you've been waiting for. You'll be able to see what they look like very soon. I found that prospect very exciting the last few days of pregnancy.

xxx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (28-04-2014),JJTiger  (28-04-2014)