Closed Thread
Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Those lactation cookies do work a charm! Oats are a good lactation food too!

For those getting paid parental from centrelink has anyone got there's through yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    35 weeks today. Heading for the home stretch now.

35 Weeks.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nirok it's got to do with the brewers yeast - that is the main ingredient to get things going and all recipes will say no substitutes. But you can substitute the butter for coconut oil and use 1/2 the amount of sugar if you're worried about that (or use a natural substitute like stevia) but you need the sugar because apparently they are bitter with out it because of the yeast. Whatever works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes - I knows it's the brewers yeast but for those not partial to sweet foods (like moi!) - someone needs to invent lactation spaghetti bolognaise or something!! Hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe an alcohol free beer Nirok? Lol lactation spaghetti bol hilarious !! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps- sorry to hear you are having a hard time but just remember that all little Erin needs is love and a happy and relaxed mumma. You have already done so much in trying and persisting with bf and if unfortunately it doesn't work out, Erin will still get what she needs and it will be easier on you and therefore her. Thanks for being honest on your experiences with feeding, same to Arlais and Lotsa and the other mums as I think people assume bf is natural and easy, when it's really challenging and doesn't always work out the way it's supposed to (much like conceiving a baby, hey ladies?)

I also meant to say in my last post, well done to you Arlais on your post baby weight loss, hope I'm the same.

Thanks for for the tips of lactation cookies JB and Jeannie, going to remember these for when it's my turn. When I read Veritas's post about the oats helping with lactation, I couldn't help but remember the Anzac cookies I baked earlier today and wondered if I would start leaking with the amount of biscuits I've been eating. No leakage for me yet, how are all of you other ladies who are yet to give birth going in that area?
    Nirok- my hubby is a bigger sweet tooth than me, if I end up making some of the lactation cookies, I'll have to keep him away from them lol

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014),Arlais  (27-04-2014),Orchids  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting on my PPL Veritas. I'm planning on calling centrelink tomorrow to find out it's progress as it's now 4 weeks since we provided proof of birth!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

I'm going to try the cookies when I can get all the ingredients

Centrelink is so confusing, don't be surprised if you have to wait even longer than you thought. My ppl has been approved and finalised as of 22nd April but they don't have to make a payment to my employer until 7th May. wtf?? Apparently they will pay to employer in fortnightly instalments. My employer pays weekly and now I have to keep waiting even though it's approved. Not happy. Have 6week check-ups booked for 6th May, have to travel for 100km to get there and wanted to pay my bills for Erin's delivery while I was there. Not going to happen now.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm hoping cos mine is direct it might be a little quicker....maybe??? So frustrating that their turnaround isn't quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard that centrelink takes ages to pay the ppl...I'm not starting my payments til September (as I get paid from work til then) so hoping that gives them more than enough time to be ready as I'm planning to do the proof of birth part early and have already done my online application. How are they at paying the 2wks dads pay? It sounds like DH may be back at work before centrelink get around to paying it.

Can I also ask the new mummies whether having a c section is expensive? Hope that's not too personal a question. I'm going to a private hospital and it's too early to tell how I'll be delivering but wouldn't mind for being prepared for any out of pocket costs. I have already paid my hospital excess and know about the pead costs and epidural costs (if needed).

Sorry for all the questions but also wondering about bedding for newborns, particularly since it will be cold by June. I have some thin and some flannelette wraps and planning to wrap and the cover bub in a tucked in blanket. Hoping I can just have the blanket tucked in and then slide the baby in and out of the blanket when she wakes and just tighten the tuck as necessary, when putting her back down. Just worried a little about bub overheating or being cold.