Closed Thread
Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Enjoy your baby shower Spidery! You have a good attitude!

Yesterday's Prostin did nothing Have had a second dose this morning. If it doesn't work will need to have a catheter/balloon type thing inserted to open the cervix for tomorrow. I didn't have a birth plan, but if I did I would be way off course. Learning to go with the flow. So basically trying to adopt Spidery's attitude!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps Please don't be so hard on yourself. I've had a quite a few friends not breast feed due to various reasons and they all have big buxom healthy children. I've had friends give up bf after 3 months and go to formula and have never looked back. You will find peace with this once you make a desicion. Get as much help as you possibly can from the people who are there to help. At the end of the day you have a beautiful little healthy baby who couldn't ask for better parents. We put so much pressure on ourselves to do the best we can for our little babies and If your anything like me are probably feeling extra sensitive and emotional at the moment.
    I had a huge sob last night because we havent got the bed linen right according to SIDS recommendations. And in my head all I could think of was that if something happened to my baby because I've done something the wrong way I would never forgive myself. I guess that's the underlying fear we all carry in one way or another.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay -at the moment the thing I appreciate the most is the feeding pillow. It's the item I use the most.
    Orchids -you are nearly there now, it's so exciting. Look forward to hearing your news.
    Hwaterhouse- I'm sure you are in good hands. You will have a little bubba in your arms before you know it.
    jj- I know what you mean about the 'breaking of waters' it sounds like it's something which is going to be really painful. But apparently it's not.
    Spidery - have fun at your baby shower today.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (28-04-2014),Orchids  (27-04-2014),Spidery  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMPS (lots & Arlias) please don't blame yourself for your body not being able to keep up!
    Amps - You have giving Erin a great start with the initial feeds and it's so common, some mums can get initial feeds established so you have done fabulously to get this far. Others mums don't even get milk in till way after bub is born and by then bub has become accustomed to formula & the artificial teet & won't accept bf at all. You should be so happy you were able to experience it and know you've done your best and it is good enough and out of your hands! I hope to bf but know it's considered one of the most stressful things to do and each bub and time you have a bub varies as to whether it is possible!
    Hugs & hugs
    Last edited by Jay11; 27-04-2014 at 10:36.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps, I understand how you feel about breastfeeding. I'm taking domperidone as well, plus Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle. I had supply issues with DS and he was failing to thrive. Eventually I gave in to giving him top ups of formula and that took some pressure off. This time I'm having similar issues but am on top of it much earlier. Just know you are not alone in feeling like this.

Best items... large flanelette wraps (bub stays wrapped better), thermometer (Matthew has been sick), love, love, love my Boowoogie nappy bag, bath sling and bath thermometer (I have a cheap little duck one from Big W which is great).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not that I know anything about breast feeding but have you tried/heard of lactation cookies?? I've heard that they can work wonders - http://www.**********.com.au/breastf...e#.U1xUbIkazCQ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, my girlfriend was having bf issues with low milk supply and swore by these lactation cookies (so much so she continued bf with increased supply)
    Recipe attached - oh and they are yummy! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1398567889.603143.jpg
    Worth a try!
    Good luck tomorrow ladies - can't wait to read your news!!! Xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to make some, but need to find somewhere to get brewers yeast from - any idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Health food shop @Arlais.

I never understand why the idea of lactation "cookies" is so popular. I don't even really like biscuits!!!! And so much sugar too!
    Hopefully if I need it - I can find a healthier recipe or something different to a biscuit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol maybe it also helps you stay awake Nirok

My friend was VERY sceptical but thought it was worth a try and the proof was in the cookie lol