Closed Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I please ask the mummies what you are finding out of all your stuff you've purchased for bubs (other then nappies & wipes grins) the most handy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Can I please ask the mummies what you are finding out of all your stuff you've purchased for bubs (other then nappies & wipes grins) the most handy!
    I love my mombo feeding pillow - keeps my arms & back from getting sore, also good for resting bub.

My peanutshell sling has been a lifesaver when out and about - adjustable so DH & I can both use, but simply pop bub in and away you go so it's fairly idiot proof!

I got a baby bath from big w which has a removable sling for a newborn - makes bath time so easy! Helps to support bub and can easily take hands off for a few seconds to grab towel and position best to lift baby out without getting soaked yourself.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not having the best time atm. I think my supply is dropping off so had to get script for domperidone today, already taking fengugreek but doesn't seem to be helping. Saw another midwife/lactation consultant today, will give a bit more time to trying to get Erin to latch properly so I can bf. I'm finding this very hard. Every time I try to nurse her and it doesn't work I have to fight the tears and feelings of utter rejection and failure. Stress is making this all the more worse. It is so hard to stay positive even when I know I am doing all I can. The pressure to bf is almost overwhelming at times. I had made my mind up to be happy with expressing, that it was the same thing, until my supply started to drop, then my head said "wow, I can't even feed my own daughter". I'm trying very hard to get my head-space right before things get out of hand.

Jay11 - I've found my large muslin wraps have a 100 uses

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Arlais for the tips.

Amps I'm so sorry to hear of your bf troubles. Sharing your struggles and how they affect you could potentially help a lot of us deal with issues we face better. Thanks so much. Congrats on giving it a good go and hope that you all find some peace soon in whatever path you decide to go down. Erin has already benefited so much from what you've done so far. Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps there is incredible pressure to breastfeed and it's mostly from ourselves! I know my situation is a little different from yours, but I felt so guilty when we found out Annabel wasn't thriving and it was because I wasn't producing enough milk. I felt like such a failure and the guilty feeling certainly doesn't go away in a hurry.

I'm still trying to increase my supply, but the medication hasn't had the drastic effect I thought it would so I'm going to see my GP next week. Desperately hoping it's going to be as simple as upping the dose of meds.

But you know what? As hard as it was to start with, I'm finding some advantages to giving bub formula as well as breastmilk. I know for sure she is getting the nutrition she needs, as well as whatever benefits from the limited amount of BM I can give to her. DH can give her a feed, which means beautiful bonding time for them, as well as giving me a break! I can give my nipples a rest if they're sore, and if I'm not comfortable breastfeeding somewhere then the bottle is a great alternative.

Get whatever help you need, keep trying (but only if you're emotionally ok to do so) and find the positives to offset the guilt and sadness. Whatever you go with it's absolutely your choice and what is best for you and your bub *hugs*

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014),ann17  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...well Saturday is almost gone and today was my due date....but no signs of bubs so far. Was offered a stretch and sweep a few days ago but decided not to try that just yet. Will see what the next few days brings....

Oh Amps I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with BFing. *hugs* Actually it sounds like quite a few of the new mums are finding it a challenge. You are doing to best you can by seeking out advice and support so please don't be so hard on yourself. At the end of the day whatever works for you and bub, be it bfing or formula or a combination of both.

Thanks to all the new mums for sharing their experiences...it is so helpful!!

Hope everyone else is tracking ok and looking forward to hearing about the arrival of more bubs in the coming week.
    Take care all!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse wow I didn't realise you were getting the gel today, I thought it was Monday? Hopefully it works and your little miracle will be in your arms tomorrow! I'm going in Monday morning and my OB will break my waters and put me straight on the IV. She'll monitor me at lunchtime and then again at 4 and if nothing I'll go straight in for a c section. I'm just going to take it as it comes, no idea how I'll respond to the induction. Sounds silly but I'm worried the breaking of the waters is going to hurt! Lol... I'm such a loser..

Amps I'm sorry to hear about your bf'ing troubles. It's so common but you don't always hear about it. Unfortunately there is a lot of pressure (or we feel there is) to breastfeed. The reality is that it doesn't necessarily work for everyone. Just do what is best for you and Bubs and don't be hard on yourself, you are doing wonderfully. xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amps I can totally relate to the way you're feeling and those thoughts running through your head. I have had so many occasions where I've cried and felt a failure, even tho the logical part of my brain knows I'm doing my best and I'm new to this. I think it is quite confronting how challenging bf can be, not only physically but mentally. It must be linked to our instincts of wanted to protect our young. It's hard to turn that off.

DH and I tried something that could be of relevance to you or may not be at all,but ill share anyway.
    When my breasts needed extra stimulation to produce milk I got DH to pump one breast whilst I fed on the other. (We hired a breast pump for the week for $40) Now it took time because I had to feel comfortable feeding normally before letting him pump. It hurt and my nipples were sore so it was a gentle process. They say you should look at your baby to release oxytocin so that's why we tried to pump at the same time. Now something to remember is that a baby is going to always get more out of you than the pump. I had to then work on not worrying too much about the mL. DH would then cup feed the small amounts and give me a break.

Anyway, thinking of you. I hope something works xx
    Last edited by lotsathoughts; 27-04-2014 at 01:41.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014),JJTiger  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a bit mixed up JJ. I didn't realise the gel was part of induction - I thought it was preparing me for induction on Monday. I'm just going to have to take it as it comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps and arlais sorry to hear of your bf troubles. I agree arlais we put so much pressure on ourselves and also so do midwives but at the end of the day formula or breast as long as your baby is fed and happy and content just go with the flow. I have massive breasts a G-H prior to pregnancy let alone when the milk comes in and I tell people who ask if I will bf " if I can I will if I can't then I won't " same as vaginal birth or c section if I can have I normal birth I will if I need a c section well I have a c section. I don't want to stress myself out and cause myself to be unhappy

AFM: 31+6 weeks today and I had a scan yesterday to check fetal growth and placenta position looks like placenta has moved to a posterior position which is good for natural birth and baby is laying head down spine up and would not move so the lady could get a facial view. Lol very stubborn and comfortable she said

Also I'm off to my baby shower today which should be fun :-)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-04-2014)