Closed Thread
Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations to all who have had your new beautiful babies 😃 it truly is amazing how far everyone has come from when we all first met in here months and months if not years ago. I'm so incredibly happy for everyone and loving the names 😃

It looks like I might be joining this thread more permanently as I'm in hospital on bed rest for a shortening cervix. I came in at 24+6 and am now 27+2 so very grateful for every day I'm in here as it means our babies are safely inside me. It was a very very tough adjustment in the beginning but now as I says just grateful for every day. Maximum I will go is 37wks now (July 3rd) but I have a feeling these cheeky 2 will be here before then. OB said if I make it to 34 (June 12th) that'd be amazing. I would be stoked too!! But as he said every day they are in me is a bonus (1 day in mum saves 2 days in the NICU) good news is that the babies are growing really well and measuring ahead of schedule (thigh bone was 2 weeks ahead... Think it might have something to do with their 6ft7 dadda!)

Looking forward to more baby news. Good luck everyone

Xx

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014),Annerley  (26-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (26-04-2014),Orchids  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck JB! I am crossing my fingers and toes your little blessings stay in there as long as possible. All you can do is stay positive and it sounds like you're doing amazingly at that. Hats off to you. Your doc sounds really supportive too.

Who's coming close on our list of babies to come?? Baby brain...
    Good luck to you in your final weeks.

As I write this I'm breastfeeding in the carpark as DH finishes the shopping. Kinda feel like this is an achievement haha!
    x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014),Jb2011  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh JB! You are in the best place and your doctors sound lovely - keep following their advice and rest, rest, REST!

Good work on getting out to the shops lots. BF in the car can be a bit challenging so well done to you!!

AFM - still in hospital and all great except have slight grazes on both nipples. Weird because I never had any issues with DS who was a much bigger baby with a bigger appetite. Little miss is all petite and angelic looking but is actually "jaws" in disguise!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that post Jay- so interesting to see where the tally is up to & even more interesting that with the arrivals and the known sexes to come, we are dead on even. I wonder what the 16 surprises will be!!

Hi JB- so happy to hear that your little ones are still safe & inside. I hope the bed rest hasn't been too hard on you but know you would be doing whatever it takes. Interesting info about 1day inside means two days less in nicu too. It will be so nice to have you regularly on this thread & can't wait to hear about your exciting arrivals but am more than happy to wait at least another 6wks yet!

Lotsa- car park breast feeding, Love it! Hope all is going well for you

Bedlover- had a little chuckle at your post but hope it isn't too painful for you- rest up & enjoy the rest of your time in hospital

Another good luck to JJ & Hwaterhouse for Monday, I wonder if we'll have any babies born over the weekend too- Ann & Orchids, hope you two aren't waiting too much longer!

AFM: our baby girl's nursery is all done & I bought my hospital toiletries today and have put them all in a cosmetics bag, ready to go! Will pack clothes, etc in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by Annerley; 26-04-2014 at 14:41.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-04-2014),Jb2011  (26-04-2014),JJTiger  (26-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (26-04-2014),Orchids  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie what beautiful pics.. You look amazing!

Arlais already lost your pregnancy weight, that's fantastic! I hope I lose my 17kgs that quick.. (Although highly doubt it! Lol)

Lots thanks for telling us your honest BF experience.. It helps all us first time mums to be, what to expect.

Thanks for sharing to Panda and October.. It really helps.. I believe hwaterhouse and I are next on Monday unless someone goes this weekend

Thanks Rtkirk.. Just do what feels right for you guys and what works.. You're doing a wonderful job!

Thanks for the tally Jay.. It's so interesting to see how baby girls we have so far!

All the best JB.. You are in the best place.. Here's to your little ones living being cozy in mummies tummy!!

AFM - DH and I are having a date day and night today.. Went out for brunch then walked around the market, now having a nanna nap together and out to Thai dinner and movie tonight.. We figure we won't be doing much for a while once our little miracle arrives on Monday!!! It still feels like a dream

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (26-04-2014),Jb2011  (26-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (26-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ don't beat yourself up even though I did when I forgot our wedding anniversary ..... As my hubby said there are plenty of other birthdays and anniversaries when were not pregnant! I just spoilt him to make up for it (with dinner, massage etc) and to tell you the truth think he enjoyed it more!

JB glad to hear from you and hear your little ones are going well. Hopefully you'll make that 37wks! Sounds like your well on track to do it too!

Enjoy DATE Day & Night JJ!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014),JJTiger  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jb. Hope those bubs stay in enough so you aren't having to visit them in hospital for too long!

Also love hearing from the new Mums. Thanks for keeping in touch.

There has been a bit of a disconnect between what we were told would happen and what is actually happening for our induction. This morning I had some prostin gel to open/soften the cervix. If nothing happens I go to hospital 6am tomorrow for another dose and then remain in hospital until baby is born. We were originally told I would go home again, return Sun night for a check and possibly stay at home until Monday when I will go on the drugs etc. So basically I am taking it one step at a time and not really sure how the induction will work - guess it depends on how I respond at each stage. Should definitely have a baby by Monday night one way or another. JJ how is your induction planned to progress?

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ Love your date day/night! I just wish I could have a nana nap as it seems I can hardly ever fall asleep now !

JB rest up and give those twins a day out of nicu everyday !

KJ just wondering cld you like pretend you knew dhs birthday all along! Infact today I went bought dhs gift bag, tissue and ordered the Willow Tree figurine at DJs in Bris. I am thinking I won't be able to get out once the babys here. Sorry not trying to make you feel guilty ! We are exempted due to baby brain!

DH has made his way from EU to Dubai and just spoke to me before taking off to Syd. Iam used to him travelling but atm just don't feel comfortable at all over long hauls ESP with everything happening, he sounded a bit down too. I can't believe I will fall asleep and wake up tomorrow and he wld have just arrived at 5am in Syd, what a long flight! Then we make our way to Bris tom night.

So I am buying Willow Home (pregnant mum holding her tummy and dad alongside with his hand over the belly. Will give it to him before and Willow New life - sitting down mum and dad and dad holding newborn, for his birthday in May, now I just need to find a card that says Happy Birthday Daddy!! I think DH will be very emotional!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Errrr...uummm... How do we attach pics??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update JB, sounds like you are in good hands. Rest up.

Enjoy your date night JJ, sounds like a wonderful day so far.

Ann I'm sure your DH will love the figurines. Such a special gift. Safe travels to Brisbane.

We'll only 12 days to go till we meet this little man. Seems very surreal at the moment.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (26-04-2014),JJTiger  (27-04-2014)