Closed Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woah.. About 20 days and 50 pages to catch up on. Of course I've let myself get way too behind to do personals but just wanted to say a huge congrats to the new mummies on here. So exciting that we're getting more and more babies. Can't wait to be on that end with you guys (8 and a bit weeks to go!)
    Hope everyone is doing well. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a question, what type of maternity pads do you reckon is good, thick and super absorbent ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using U by Kotex - seem pretty good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hospital provided the U ones which I used to start with, then switched to the Libra ones I had bought. The Libra ones are much bigger, so probably would have been better to use those when bleeding was heaviest.

I only used maternity pads for about 10 days, then normal pads for 10 days and just liners for a few days after that. Not sure how long it would be for VB mothers, but I was pretty happy the bleeding only lasted about 3 weeks after my c-section birth.

I can't believe my Annabel is 4 weeks old today! The time really does fly. I'm a bit sad that DH has to go back to work on Monday, but I am looking forward to getting myself sorted into a mummy routine for the next few months. Also got a bonus surprise jumping on the scales this morning - I've already dropped all my pregnancy weight

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (25-04-2014),Ngaiz  (25-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sleepy today! Too much partying with Remy last night - am soooo tired now but have visitors coming.

Maybe a quick 15 min power nap will help?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Panda, what a darling name xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohoo Bedlover on the birth of beautiful Remy! So lovely x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton congrats on the birth of Zeke. Sorry to hear you had a hard time. Hope you're recovering well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, so much to catch up on here!

I'm a but tired too Bedlover. Little Abi gives us hour sleeps at night and decided to reduce a few to 30 minutes last night. DH was beautiful and took her out for a bit this morning as she wasn't crying too much for the boob...got a 3 hour block!! Wohooo!

Finding breastfeeding very emotional. Took just over 4 days for milk to come in. We were getting 15 minute breaks during the frenzy. Now Abigail is much more settled but not sure when she starts to extend her sleeps at night. Wind has been playing a part in her waking up. I've been trying to get her to feed for longer to get the fatty/sleepier milk but that can be hard when she sleeps. Anyway, during the day I feel so much brighter and confident about it all but the early hours of the morning I sometimes get a bit emotional. I'm sharing because I have found it comforting to know others haven't found it a breeze. Also, even though it has been challenging I feel so proud of DH and I as we've made it through a week today and have learnt so much.

Maternity pads, I've bought the libra ones as they're good at night. And have some U ones which are smaller. I've also used a few sample cotton ones which are big and probably good for early after labour.

My little girl will also be in 0000 for a while. I think she'd even fit 00000 but haven't purchased any yet.

Ok, my baby girl is sleeping so it's time for a nap for this mummy.
    Will catch up more later xxx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (25-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (25-04-2014),JJTiger  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Arlias that's more then a bonus I hope I loose my extra weight in 4wks

Bedlover - I reckon power naps are definitely going to be my lifesaver but maybe you could also let the guest know your pretty tired so will need some zzzzzs so they don't stay long or ask midwives to help evict after 30min visits!