Closed Thread
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooooh so exciting more of us are starting maternity leave - not long now before we get more babies!

Just remember the main purpose of maternity leave is for you to get some rest before bub arrives, so take full advantage of naps while you can get them.

Not that it really matters, but I was curious how much weight I would lose immediately after birth and I thought I'd share in case others were wondering themselves. I weighed myself a week after and I'd dropped 6.5kg, which is just over half my pregnancy gain. My belly is still quite loose which is to be expected, but I don't look pregnant and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with my early post baby body

I just bought a peanut shell sling at Baby Bunting ($20 off on sale) and I'm loving it! DH & I managed to have a lovely uninterrupted brunch at a cafe while Annabel snoozed happily snuggled against me. I like the peanut because you just stick your arm through, pop bub in and off you go!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (06-04-2014),Annerley  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reluctantly
    Purchased a sling for my Neice when her daughter was born as she said that's what she wanted over a deluxe bjorn. Anyway she got it and I made sure I got one that had a built in safety harness (a padded sewn in piece that goes between bubs legs and clips bub in at the hips) anyway she went to use it put and clipped bub in with her mum & went to the movies anyway she went to adjust the strap as it wasn't feeling comfy and said she must have moved it wrongly and next thing she knew her newborn was hanging upside down and would have hit the floor if not for the harness. Needless to say it never was used again! So I got her the bjorn and she loved it as could still breast feed in it and didn't feel like she had to hold bub just in case when she moved. At the airport when she visited it was a little annoying as you have to take bub out so it can be scanned separately like a pram or any carrier at security checkpoints but made life so much easy to get to /from gate & upstairs - I have both of them now but if I use the sling I will be very selective when and where and cautious! Hubby said he'd prefer using the bjorn too!
    Last edited by Jay11; 05-04-2014 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Jay that must have been scary for your niece!

I'm planning on getting a Manduca a bit later on, the peanut is more about having a little support so arms don't get so tired and keeping her close, not so much about being able to be hands free.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's not all about weight but yep, I'm interested to know how much weight comes off after the baby is born, so thanks ladies.

I'm up 7kg at 29weeks and everyone keeps telling me that it's all in my belly, which is a good thing. They all joke the baby will come out and I'll be back to normal but I know the skin will be stretched, which is all good and nothing we can worry about. I know I'm likely to gain a few extra kgs over the home stretch so to know what comes off after has been helpful, even if it is different for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget your (.)(.) weight hehehe that's got to add up. I am very interested in how much is just pregnancy weight and how much is me it's so hard to tell. So thankyou for sharing. I'm not restricting my weight at all I'm just hopeful that most of it will come off after or with bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Weighed myself this morning; and I was about the same weight I was last time I weighed myself, which would have been about a month ago. Only put on about 5kg total so far. I look obviously bigger, but I still seem to weigh the same as I did back at the start of the third trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told that if you had more body fat to begin with, during pregnancy you dont put on as much as someone who had little extra fat on them. Don't know how true that is but makes some sense to me. The main thing is that it comes off later. I know it's going to be harder if we don't breast feed.
    Just as an aside, I read the 'Caesarians can be empowering' thread last night just to prepare myself and I don't know if any of you have read it or it's been mentioned on here before but it was really inspiring. I highly recommend it. It put my mind at ease. There was a gorgeous video a girl had put up of her Caesar and I was so teary.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps and Arlais thanks for sharing your experience - every bit of info helps! In terms of the red hairnet, the first thing I thought wow that looks nice and bright rather than the dull light coloured ones! Nice pics, makes is go all mushy!

So I had another scan yesterday so I have gone from perfect morph scan to 29 week scan of absent kidney and 2 vessel cord to 31 week scan of both kidneys (almost definitely with pics and measurement !) and possibly 3 vessel to yesterday's 33 week scan of definitely 2 vessel cord and back to absent kidney (this one was actually done by my overseas OB and goes in line with the Aust ultrasound ). So of course I have worked up a headache. I guess I will just leave it to when bubs comes out now. One of the reason why I get scanned is to ensure that the cervix is still nice and long (and bubs is growing due to vessel cored issue) so i can fly back in time.

Orchid 35 weeks with dr letter for long haul is ok. I have also done it with DD to LA (tx SF) around the same stage. With DD I went business and it makes a lot of difference but LA apt is huge and lots of walking / shuttle involved with very long ques so had to wheel chair (so don't miss tx) , get to skip the lines ( but very embarrassing !).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I forgot to mention how the hospital I went to is very pro-active in involving the partners with the birth, whether vaginal or c-section. They only get the partners to leave if major problems or mother needs general anaesthetic. Dh came in with me to get prepped then had to change into scrubs(which was funny because they only just fit him). The anaesthetist did her thing then they wheeled me into the operating room. They did have trouble putting the spinal block in so after 3 attempts with me sitting up, I was held crunched up in a ball on my side while it was finally put in. Was uncomfortable but not painful, needle felt more like a mild scratch.
    When my ob had Erin's head out and was ready to pull her out, they sat me up as much as possible, lowered the sheet so dh and I could see her, then watch as they pulled her out. She was handed straight to the paediatrician who quickly did his thing on his table just behind my head. Within a matter of a few minutes dh had cut the cord(he didn't think it would be that tough to cut) and had his first cuddle. They are very much for the partners getting that bonding time. I was given her for a little cuddle then they took her back while they finished up my surgery. Before I was wheeled back to my room, Erin was placed skin to skin on my chest, hoping she would latch onto my (.) It was an awesome, overwhelming experience.
    The I didn't really feel any pain during most of the operation, it was more of a pulling and tugging feeling. It did get very painful but that is definitely not the norm. I would so do it all again.
    Aren't the red medical allergy hair caps sexy!?
    I am so in love with our baby girl and still can't believe she's ours!