Closed Thread
Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exciting HamptonK!!

Amps I can't believe she is already four weeks old!!

Panda-hope you're feeling well today.

Ann-you're on the home stretch, time to rest now.

I have my last Ob appt today, eeek, only one week left!!! Bub moved around so much last night that I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer breech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Amps meant to say OMG Erin's already a month old ! Time sure does fly! Hope you both are doing fine!

Ngaiz- literally on the home stretch now ! Hope its a non breech turn around for you!

Mums - from your experience how long did 000 or 0000 last? Going to do newborn shopping and getting hosp bag ready (finally !) need to ensure enough clothes are bought that bubs actually fits in and not swims in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann we're in between 00000 & 0000 with Annabel at the moment - I don't think she'll get anywhere near 000 for quite a few months yet. It all depends on bubs proportions too, A's feet are too big for most of the 00000 but most 0000 swim on her body. We've got a very limited supply of clothes at the moment but rather than buy more she won't stay in for much longer I'm just washing nearly every day.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Panda love the name and Hamptonk looks like your next good luck I hope it all goes to plan for you. Exciting.

Well I had a OB appointment today and after all the stresses of the pregnancy to date and having GD he advised on a C Section, said Induction isn't nice and could end up in a emergency CSection and he does not want to put me through this experience so I am booked in for the 4h June, excited and nervous. I am finishing work at 38 weeks and start reduced hours from next week so work have been really supportive.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-04-2014),Team panda  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann glad you got to Sydney ok and are been looked after by your sister and niece

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive missed quite a bit! Big congratulations to ManchesterLass, LittleMissMagic,
    Lotsathoughts & Teampanda!!! So happy for you all!

And hamptonk i hope it all goes nice an smooth for you!!!

Im sorry i don't ever do personal, im very scatterbrained even without the baby brain! But i do read everything and am there cheering or giving yous hugs even if i don't say anything.
    I hope everyone had a great easter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG! Hampton! All the best and hoping it all goes nice and quickly for you..

Ann welcome back to Sydney and enjoy the time with your sister and nieces this week! With the sizing, it just depends how big your Bubs is. My girlfriends daughter was 8 pounds at birth and fit into 0000 for 2 weeks only.. My little one is going to be well over 9 pounds so I'm mainly getting 000.. Hope that helps!

Ngaiz that would be great if it's no longer breech.. Fingers crossed!

Wow Amps, Erin is already a month old! That has just flown!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, lots happening in here very exciting!

I think Matthew will be in 0000 for a while. I weighed him this morning and he has only put on 80g since discharge a week ago. They said they like 150g per week. Now I'm worried he's not getting enough. I'm going to make sure I feed him every 3 hours, even if I have to wake him, until Thursday and then will re weigh him. It's unlikely he'll be back to his birthweight by Thursday though which is 2 weeks. Any thoughts or advice? Do I need to start comp feeding with formula do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octorbaby - I was sure Erin would've lost weight in the first week home as we struggled so much with the bottles and bf. We were very surprised to see she had gained. The next week we made sure we had formula on hand to top-up when we saw her still hungry and I had no breast-milk expressed for her. This week she has gained 210g, so she now weighs 2760g. She is having at least 1 formula feed a day and is powering on. The midwives are very happy with her progress and all have said "It doesn't matter how or what your baby is being fed, the most important thing is that baby is full, content & loved." I'm demand feeding which is working out very well. Hope this helps

If you have the opportunity to wash every day, then I would limit how many small size baby clothes you buy. They really are in them for so short a time, in saying that, I know Erin will be in 00000 & 0000 for a while yet. I've found different brands don't fit the same even when labelled the same size. Best & Less has the best premmie, tiny baby(00000) & new baby(0000) range for a reasonable price & quality where I live.

I can't imagine my life without my darling girl now, dh & I are so besotted with her. Tried 3 times to load photos today but failed

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. It's been quite tiring and hectic. Dh has gone home for a while, I've had a nap and V is sleeping so good time to finish update. The medical staff here are lovely. Yesterday the anaesthetist put music on for us during the procedure, so I gave birth to the following: had Happy Birthday -Steve wonder when she came out. The Wonderwoman theme song(I was singing along to this) while they were stitching me up. Whilst waiting for the spinal blocker to work we had Bryan Adams If you ever really really love a woman (corny I know, but our wedding song) Cindy Lauper Girls just want to have fun, towards the end when having photos with bubs. Even though it was a Caesar it was quite a funny experience. They made it memorable for us.
    After I was stitched up I went to recovery with my baby. They gave me skin to skin straight away, put her to my nipple and she latched on first go. She has been like that ever since and is a very good feeder. The colostrum has been coming through which I was surprised at, so far so good!
    ive had a bit of nausea along the way and some pain around the cut. V ended up measuring 2925 kilos and was frank breech in the end, meaning her legs were bent forward above her head.
    Last night the nurses took her to the nursery so that I could get some sleep as she was throwing up liquid stuck in her lungs and I was worried about her and just couldn't nod off. Every 3 hours they would bring her in for a feed. And then back to the nursery. She has done quite a few poos and wees, and had first bath today. Thank god for DH as he is doing everything. I was able to get out of bed at midday for the first time today.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (22-04-2014),ann17  (22-04-2014),Arlais  (22-04-2014),JJTiger  (22-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (22-04-2014)