Closed Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JJ sorry I don't know anything about breast pumps. I'm just going to wait and see If I need it and two friends have offered me theirs. I have no idea what brand they are. I probably should find out.
    Orchids I've also loved being on maternity leave. It's so nice not to stress about work. I went through a mountain of washing for bubs too. My SIL gave me 22 size 0000 and 000 grow suits alone. And you know what I ironed every single one of them as well as loads of other stuff. I'm not one to iron something unless it's needed but this is probably going to be the only time in my life where I will have the time to do it. And I just wanted to start her life clean, ironed and organised. It felt good.
    Nirok enjoy this time and lap it up. I've been having afternoon naps and it's been the most delicious luxury.
    I've just been to the acupuncturist. We did the Amoxi stick to get baby to turn. Needles in small toes are little uncomfortable as there is not much flesh there. I've tacken the stick home to continue with. She did say baby should turn tonight. Hmmm let's see. Also my pulse had changed and the spleen has emptied of the hormones, meaning I should be going into labour soon.
    Another hmmm let's see.
    i must say my acupuncturist did pick up I was pregnant 5 days post transfer through my pulse, so she was very right then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the pics Arlias. Beautiful bub and what a precious moment with your DH, great that you captured it.

Geez vacuuming is hard work at 34 weeks. Can't believe how popped I get. Nice to have a clean house. Enjoy your weekend. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Last shift at work this evening. I am so ready for a break. So tired; and it's getting more and more difficult to get things done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the pics Arlais and Annabel looks beautiful. Glad you are doing ok and bubs is putting on good weight now. I have heard the bf can make nipples bleed which sounds delightful. Hope it stops soon.
    Congrats on being on mat leave Catlover, Nirok, Orchids and JJ! You don't realise how exhausting it is until you get a chance to put your feet up. I am also in love with the afternoon nap Panda though can you call it a nap when it's longer than 3 hours!!
    Hope baby turns for you Panda. I have no idea which way bubs is facing. I guess my ob would have said something if there was an issue??
    i am off to the labour ward this afternoon to have my BP monitored. Hoping it's all ok as my ob is not on call this weekend so I would get a stranger if they decided to admit me now. Plus hubby and I are going out for our last ever child free dinner! Important stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RtKirk good luck. A last meal out with DH sounds like a great idea! Do enjoy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck rtkirk I'm sure your dinner date will go ahead and bp will behave

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    OMG! So many pages to read to catch up with everyone.

Sorry for the lateness but Congrats Arlais on your gorgeous baby!

I was really happy how my c-section went. Pain med protocol was discussed with me beforehand but they had to make changes during the operation for me as my bowels were causing more pain than I should have had. I have allergies so was given Morphine, then endone in ward with inbuprofen and panadol. The first night was horrible but everytime they handed Erin to me it was worth it. Getting up for the first time the next afternoon for a shower was murder, it felt like I was ripping in half and shuffled doubled-over to the bathroom, which I was grateful was only about 5 steps from my bed.
    I'm pretty well pain-free now, my bowels are working better and I'm feeling pretty well. I'm being careful not to lift anything or stretch up etc. My ob has done everything he can to give me the best chance of having another baby, I won't do anything to risk that.
    When you leave you get to take all the disposable products left on your baby's crib trolley (I made sure to slip a few extra nappies in) Erin will be in Newborn size for quite a while yet, she's way to small to try my mcns, they would just fall off.
    My scar is a neat thin line which I'm very happy with. The way my ob stitches you up is a bit different but he gets great results. Lots of internal disovable then a drawstring external that is cut and tape down at each end the next day, then removed day5.
    12 days post c-section and I've lost 8kgs. I now weigh 4kgs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. My uterus just needs to shrink back to size and I think I will be able to fit all my old clothes again. I have a small pot-belly now. My (.)(.) are still big which dh keeps trying to get an eyeful of. I'm wearing soft crop-top style maternity bras to sleep in and standard maternity bras through the day. Don't want the girls to sag

I've had several crying bouts since Erin was born. I hate being hormonal and hope it doesn't last much longer. Poor dh has been on the receiving end of my crank-pant moments. I do try to apologise after I'm thinking rationally again.

The midwives are coming for a home visit on Monday afternoon so have asked dh to be around incase I don't feel comfortable with them. They aren't from the hospital where I had Erin so I don't know them. I get 2 home visits for free in the first 4weeks.

Feeding is giving me a few hiccups, it's actually been quite distressing at times. I did get some more confidence when I spoke to a midwife over the phone that I was still doing the right thing and that I wasn't putting Erin at risk.

Best bit of advice I can give is talk to someone if you feel your getting overwhelmed and don't be scared to ask questions or ask for help. Being a new first-time mum I really don't have much of a clue but even I am getting there.

Hope you all have a good weekend and we see some healthy new babies and mummies soon.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (06-04-2014),Annerley  (05-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (05-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (05-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (05-04-2014),Team panda  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats again to Keri, Arlais and Amps! I've loved seeing the photos of your precious little bundles, they are all gorgeous!

Arlais- great to hear that Annabel is gaining weight and I agree, you are your DH look over the moon with your little princess

Amps- your bowel situation sounded painful, glad you are starting to feel better and thanks for the tips! Good luck with the bf and I think you are doing an awesome job persisting with it!

I just wanted to thank you three for being so open in sharing your experiences with the rest of us, I've certainly learnt a lot and really appreciate the detail you have all gone to in preparing us with what's to come. Amps, I really enjoyed reading your last post, I got a lot from it & great job on the weight loss too! Funnily enough, I had a dream the other night that I gave birth and then all my pre-pregnancy clothes were too big on me, if only the skin would go back to the way it was hey? But all well worth it!

Im so jealous of all this maternity leave talk and afternoon naps through the week, I really can't wait! Enjoy your night out Rtkirk! Sounds like next week might be quite busy and so exciting!

AFM: I'm coming up to 29wks & had my baby shower. Our little one was thoroughly spoilt, I think she now has way too many clothes but I figure it's better than not having enough, it was a huge day! I really enjoyed it but it's nice to have it out of the way. Riss and Spidery, any news on your GTT tests, sorry if I missed it and hoping for good news!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps thanks for that very informative and helpful post. The information you three girls (amps, arlais and Keri ) are sharing has really been invaluable. Especially as during antenatal class the focus was more on vaginal birth.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps so glad to get your update and also gained a lot from your last post glad your (.)(.) are still big but you've lost a good amount as I'm really hoping for that outcome hehe.

Thankyou to the three of you new mummies for also sharing the good and not so good( experiences, & emotions as I think they are the bits baby brain helps us to forget so don't get told or passed on and hit harder in the end as we aren't prepared for them).

Big big hugs to you all!
    33wks today

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (06-04-2014)