Closed Thread
Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM congrats on the arrival of your little girl Madeline

Lotsa almost there your so close.

Panda sorry to to hear that you are back in hospital hopefully it all happens for you soon.

October like Annerley said my journey has not been that long but after so many years I bet it feels like a huge chunk of your life and focus is coming to a end. Chin up you have a new chapter to start.

Ann those figures are beautiful that would be lovely.

Ngaiz beautiful picture you are glowing. Thanks for all the roll call updates

thanks for all the tips ladies. As this is my first I am thinking there is so much I don't know and I think DH and I won't know what has bit us. I really should do some reading so I feel a little prepared.

Hi to everyone else sorry if I have missed you

AFM 30 weeks 2 days having a scan on the 26th to check position of placenta baby has been moving but not as much but in saying that I have been busy with work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats to the newest healthy arrivals!!
    Exciting to see more babies arriving everyday
    Can't wait for pics!!

36+2 for me. Growth scan earlier this week shows baby will be up to around 4kg at 40 weeks but has a nice fairly average size head. Not too scary!!!

Sorry for no personals - on my phone and hard to keep track of who I'm congratulating for what!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Just thought I'd let you ladies know that I happened to come across a thread last night and it looks like Hposs is pregnant again! Such lovely news for her, looks like she is about 10wks along and is in good company with Wish on her due date thread!
    I saw this too! Such great news and lovely that they are together!

Congrats LMM - my DH only suggested the name Madeline last night as an option for us! Great choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and we did Huggies newborn then Baby love from infant on and then returned to Huggies at about 1yo - can't actually remember why we went back to Huggies but there was a good reason!

Huggies infant size seemed to leak a lot for us and I think they were manufacturing them somewhere different. I remember plenty of threads on the subject at the time.

When we stopped doing overnight nappy changes I got the bigger size baby love to use at night to cope with the full nights worth of wee and kept using the regular size for day time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda just popped in to see how you going? Better to check it out like you are doing.

Thanks for sharing girls every little bit of advice goes a long way and adds to our perspective. Reading here makes me now realise (which I may have taken for granted ) that I was very lucky to be under the care of my mum and grandma for 6 weeks who took care of bubs and me and taught me so many things. This time around i am on my own with dh and some rusty experience and you girls to share experience and knowledge with.

My dear mum is torn between wanting to be with me, going overseas to visit her not so many days left to live brother and whilst taking care of my bro who is extremely ill with cancer and things aren't looking too good for him. So I told her mum you have taught me alot I will be fine you need to be elsewhere besides I have my big sister. Besides she is 78 and really pushes herself for all of us. Unfort this long awaited pregnancy has coincided with my brothers grave condition. But my poor brothers always praying things goes well for me as I had a very shaky start while his lying there in chronic pain everyday. He is in hosp receiving treatment but its a wait and see game, infact he beat it once but it came back with vengeance. He has 3 little kids that mum and dad really helps out SIL with. Makes you appreciate life more...
    Last edited by ann17; 17-04-2014 at 06:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ann, how difficult for you all. What an amazing range of emotions you must all be feeling. Lots of hugs to you and your family xx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann reading about your brother and what the family is going through puts things in perspective. I'm sorry about your brother. I hope he pulls through. It sounds like you have a wonderful caring mother there. You will be fine, like you said she taught you the first time around and it will all come back to you. I know that some things change over time about child rearing but I think the basic things stay the same. It's fantastic to have it passed down from generation to generation. My mother said when I was born my grandmother came to stay with her and taught her what to do. There is something special about that, and I know not everyone can have it.
    I'm still just waiting, it seems there was no spotting over night. I'm trying to follow the doctor and midwives advice, they're happy to just wait it out till Monday unless I get more than 20 to 30ml of spotting on a pad. Apparently your looking at 1 to 2 tbs. My mother(speaking of mothers) has been stressing me a bit. She is concerned and yesterday wanted me to tell them to do it before. So trying to appease her and take onboard doctor and midwives advice and annoyed at myself for not having booked c section earlier. Then of course the concern of what if I go into labour all of a sudden, baby is in breech plus the spotting etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann, I'm sorry to hear of your family situation. You're bred of tough stuff and I'm sure it will all come back to you once that precious bub is handed to you.

Panda-you must be very patient, I'd be telling my mum where to go Monday is only 3 days away and if you go into labour, so be it. I'm hoping I go into labour in the next week (11 days for me). We have lots of yard work to do this weekend so fingers crossed the hard work turns on the contractions. Had 2 scans this week and s/he's still breech so I'll just head straight to the hospital.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-04-2014),Team panda  (17-04-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ladies,

Slowly making my way back to the land of the living. Don't remember my recovery being this slow with dd but then again the induction was a whole different kettle of fish than the labour I had with dd. In hindsight I would not have gone the induction route and just booked the c section. The pain and stress on my previous scar was horrific. So much so I question whether we'd put our final embryo back or not. Calmbirth went out the window!!

The newbie is going great guns. Had only lost 20g when we left the hospital yday.

Ann - what a hard decision for your mum but what a lovely woman. And yes I surprised dp with a gift, a set of pjs to wear in hospital and a plaque with a quote about family.

Congrats LMM. Little girls are wonderful :-)

Good luck in the coming days Panda and lotsa.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh LMM sorry I didn't post baby brain & tired mess / tiredness are killing my slowly so many things going on here too so brain is in overload!

So so happy to hear of the safe arrival of your little girl! Bet her brother is smitten already huge congrats!