Closed Thread
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LMM congrats on your baby girl. Glad you are both doing well

KJ35 - Huggies Newborn(up to 5kg) are what I'm using and find them great. They are still a bit big for Erin as she has only just hit 2.5kg and haven't had one leak yet. She does some pretty powerful wet farts but the side elastic holds it all in. Just remember to make sure it doesn't get tucked in around the legs as this is how you can get leakage. Huggies Newborn were recommended to me by nearly every mother I know and my cousin's wife gave me the tip about the leg elastic.

Who will be next??? So exciting!

Midwife visit today was so much better than the home visit. She checked Erin over and gave me some really helpful information about getting Erin on the breast. It's going to be hard and slow going as we have to unlearn some things, but Erin has already made progress. The tips she's given me make me want to go "Doh! why didn't I think of that?" Most of our dramas stem from the pain meds I was on which might stay in Erin's system for another 3 weeks. Poor darling, I feel for her and I'm finding it hard not to blame myself.
    I'm at risk of pnd so will be assessed at each visit also. I felt comfortable with the midwife so was able to open up to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats LMM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM congrats on the safe arrival of Madeline (love the name ) and well done no stitches! Take care.

Octbaby - that is such a gorgeous figurine! I love it - haven't seem that one.

Lots - its started for you ! Your parents must be sooo excited ! Not too long now!

Panda - I think you are sounding very promising!

KJ - iam pretty sure that's the one iam talking about!

Girls thank you- although its the bleeding obvious I didn't think of telling the story behind it to dh - doh!! So I think this is what I will do I will get the pregnant mum one and gift it to him the day before my c section and tell him I wanted to get it for xmas. Then on his bday I will get the mum dad newborn one and tell him how many years I have been waiting to gift him that and the story behind it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (17-04-2014),Team panda  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps take it easy love, you are doing great. Thanks for all your advise.

Veritas hope everything's settling in place and bub is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    October you poor thing, I guess it's all the pregnancy hormones and the knowledge you are at the end of your journey. As you said you have achieved what you wanted, it's now a new and wonderful phase in your life. Enjoy, I'm sure they are tears of joy as well saying goodbye to what you've known for so long.
    Amps please don't blame yourself, you only did your best with the information you had at hand. At least you are getting help now, just look forward, and put in place what the midwife has recommended.
    Littlemiss congratulations on the birth of little Madeleine. You will have to give us the details of how it went when you are ready. Great that she is feeding well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful news, LMM! Congrats on the birth of your beautiful little girl, how special to have a princess after a little boy.

Lots- sounds like things will be happening for you soon, how exciting! Enjoy your time with your parents & can't wait to hear about the arrival since I'm sure it will be so soon!

Panda- great to hear you are in good hands and that the bleeding has slowed. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Take care Amps- thanks for the tip about making sure the elastic isn't tucked it, I'm hoping to not have too many leaks if I can avoid it!

KJ- first time mum here but I've heard Huggies are best for new born & then Baby Love are good for the sizes after that (when the number of nappy changes isn't as much), I've got a stock of Huggies ready to go & will then try out the Baby Love, heard great feedback about doing it that way

Ann- I think the figurines you may be referring too are the Willow Tree ones, I love those ones. I was looking at the pregnant one a couple of weeks ago. There are a few that have parents and children or babies, the one I loved is called something like "now we are three", I'm thinking of getting that one as it's seems very fitting when having a long awaited baby. Lovely idea about getting something for DH, mine has been talking about getting me a push present, hadn't really thought about a gift for him.

October- I really love the figurine you have, what a thoughtful friend! I hadn't really given much thought to life after Ivf. I know my journey hasn't been that long but after we go for number two (and if we are lucky enough to have a second miracle), I wonder how I'll feel. I think it would feel very strange to have that part of your life done.

Good luck next Wednesday JJ, I bet you can't wait for your turn!

AFM: I hit 30wks last Monday & bub's has been so active the last few days but I've been loving all this movement. All these announcements are so exciting ladies!! Hope all the new babies are well!
    Last edited by Annerley; 16-04-2014 at 19:39.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa that's great news, not long now.
    JJ getting closer for you to.
    AFM was baCk in the hospital again today on fetal monitor. Everything fine, just getting sick of this and now wish I had booked in for the section earlier.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz beautiful & classy it's even got a sporty feel to it despite you being pregnant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww Arlias very cute.
    Wow Bedlover that's so soon

Panda sorry you've ended up in hospital so close to the finish line

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd let you ladies know that I happened to come across a thread last night and it looks like Hposs is pregnant again! Such lovely news for her, looks like she is about 10wks along and is in good company with Wish on her due date thread!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (17-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (16-04-2014),Jay11  (17-04-2014),JJTiger  (17-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (17-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (17-04-2014)