Closed Thread
Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to hear things are progressing for you lots! So nice that your parents are there too, I bet they're excited - I love seeing my parents with bub

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering has anyone thought about surprising DH / DP with a little present after bubs born although the best present is precious bubs!

One thing that always caught my eye while I was in the ivf wringer was those figurines (btw iam not a figurine person at all !) of the faceless mum (wearing the long white gown) and dad with a baby - there are different combinations - there's one of pregnant mum as well and I always wanted to buy it for dh as a sign of hope. For years I would always look at with tears but cldnt get myself to buy it as the pain of yearning for baby for dh was too much. I said to myself then when i am finally pregnant one day I will gift it to dh. At xmas I was 5 months and thought of getting DH the pregnant mum one for his xmas gift - but still cldnt get myself to do it. (I wish now I did ).

So dh birthday in May and the best present I cld ever give him is his firstborn in May. But I thought I could finally buy that figurine of mum dad and newborn. Oh and it's my birthday tomorrow !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (16-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and a funny story - so at my baby shower I find out - there's an expat acquaintance almost 36 weeks pregnant getting ready to go back to Bris for birth, organised everything even taking
    a nanny back with her..... Couple of nights ago broke her water bag full labour and beautiful bubs born! Everyone doing great - I was so surprised and had a good (not in a mean way!!).... and then the girls said to me I wldnt laugh too hard if I were you, aren't you 35 weeks and still a few days left before you board that plane ? That shut me up ! I know not so funny when the tables are turned !
    Last edited by ann17; 16-04-2014 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Lots! All the best

I still have another 10 days to go and hoping he/she doesn't come early!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa sounds like it's going to happen very soon for you now. So was the mucus plug quite distinct from the usual cervical discharge? Keep us updated. I've found this week such a waiting game.
    ann that's a really lovely thought, hadn't thought about getting him anything. I think my DH will be so wrapped with the bubba that's going to be his present. Last night when I showed him the bloody paper that I had kept he got so frantic it was cute.
    anyway I called the midwife last night before bed to seek more advice on the little bit more blood I had at 6. Though it was a different nurse from yesterday, she knew exactly who I was and I didn't have to repeat myself. That made me feel very comfortable. She said I was doing the right thing. Keep drinking water overnight and checking the toilet paper. I've had nothing since, just checked now and one red spot on pad. Seeing Ob at 3 see what he saids. Bubs been moving this morning in bed and a few mild cramps which are nothing compared to my usual period cramps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ann that's a lovely gift idea with quite a bit of sentiment behind it. I'm sure your DH will treasure it, especially after you tell him the story behind it. I thought if getting DH a cute picture book about Dad's but never got round to it. Kinda disappointed I hadn't. Maybe I'll get it when the baby is a month old or something then will be able to sign it off from the baby's name as I'll know the sex by then!!!

TMI warning- Panda it was like a big but of snot/phlegm. It was about the size of my little finger (I have small fingers) and I saw it after I wiped when going to the loo. It looked the same as the discharge I've been seeing just bigger. I saw another smaller blob an hour later after going to the toilet.
    Today I'm feeling really groggy. Even the moments of bub aren't as quick. Still feeling them just seems slower. Not sure if that's a concern. :/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh Lotsa, sounds like parts of the plug coming out. I think(as the other girls have mentioned) that if you have any questions call the midwives at your hospital. I have found mine so helpful. I've also found all you girls very helpful too!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh so exciting can't wait for more babies to arrive doesn't sound like its going to be long before both your bubs arrive Panda and Lots.

Congratulations Manchester Lass a gorgeous little boy hope all is going well.

Arlais hope everything is going better with feeding and like everyone's already said don't beat yourself up your doing a great job as a new mummy, thank you for nappy advice I wouldn't think of checking. I am quite a shy person and sometimes don't ask questions/say stuff because I think It would make me look silly so think I am going to have to go out of my comfort zone and make sure I ask the midwives anything irrelevant.

How are you and your little girl Veritas? hope your recovering well and everything is going good.

Nothing happening with me looking forward to two long weekends and feel lke my stomach is getting bigger and heavier everyday!!! I don't know if I am strange but I don't want to know what labour feels like, it still scares the living daylights out of me, if I go into labour naturally I will be asking for a epidural when I am walking through the doors! I am such a wimp.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann that is a lovely idea for a gift for DH, one of my friends bought me a figurine when I was going through IVF in a clay colour of a faceless mum, dad and child in a circle holding hands and its ment to be a fertility firgurine not seen them before and I am the same not a figurine person but I love it....I would buy it for him very thoughtful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Panda. I'm off to the hospital to double check bubs for this change in movement. My midwife said she'd rather check it than have me worry about it. Will listen to heartbeat and have a scan. Just waiting for DH to come home from work. I'm sure it's fine.
    Lost a but more of the plug too!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (16-04-2014)