Closed Thread
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok just been to the toilet and bright red blood again, hmmm. I've kept the toilet paper, popped on another pad, waiting for DH. I'm just going to monitor it again for a short while. Drink more water, go to the toilet, check it. It seems to happen after I've been to the toilet and have had a full bladder. So confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, really stunning portrait of you. So beautiful. I looked into going to a photo studio to do something similar but was shocked with the prices!! Crazy. So, DH and I plan to take some shots at home. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pic.

Felt some cramping last night for the first time and I'm now 38w3d. Haven't had any Braxton Hicks at all. Today my midwife helped me feel for bub's back, bum and legs...was amazing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh it's exciting in here, so many of you so close! Can't wait to see some more healthy mums and bubs.

It's so hard to know the right thing to do, I've been getting conflicting information which is annoying me quite a bit. It's mostly from the home-visit midwife so have decided to check out the child health nurse/lactation cons/midwife that I saw once at the hospital closest to me. She was very nice and approachable. If I feel comfortable with her again I will continue to see her and use that hospital's clinic for Erin's vaccinations and things. I made an appointment for tomorrow so will let you know how I go, need advice on increasing milk supply & latching, and I want her to check over Erin to make sure nothing has been missed by the other mid-wife, she's forgetful and can't seem to keep track of her check-list.

One of my friends offered this piece of advice, if you don't feel comfortable with the advice or care you are getting, see someone else, even if you have to see a few before you find someone that suits. It will save you heartache, guilt, anxiousness and stress at the very least.

Friday morning I noticed I had a hardened section sort of close to my armpit in my left (.) As the day went on it got harder and more painful, another lump hardened near my nipple. I tried warm baths and massage but it seemed to make it worse, so early evening I called the midwives where I had Erin and they advised me to stop the warmth and massage, to make sure I fully emptied my breast when expressing and to try an ice-pack. I did this each time I expressed so by morning the lumps where gone and no pain. Can't tell you how happy I was, I was terrified of having a major drama and being stuck stranded because of the cyclone. I really had no idea how much your (.)(.) changed when you bf. Feel a bit silly......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Team Panda, hope all turns out to be fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amps.
    i remember my Sil saying that breast feeding and all the issues she had with it (mastitis, 9 lumps and constant visits to the physio because of it, plus a biopsy) were so much harder than the actual pregnancy and no one had warned her it would be this hard.
    You girls have been amazing with all the information you've been passing on.
    Arlais thanks for the information about getting the nurses to check the nappies, I've made a mental note of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Manchester, Gabriel looks just perfect, so adorable! Hope you are well & nice to hear from you!

Arlais- as others have said, there's no need to feel bad about Annabel's weight loss, it's not something we are meant to know or expect, unfortunately. All I can say is to not be too hard on yourself but I've heard that mummy guilt is really hard to avoid over anything. I am so thankful to you for being so open about your experience and also the tips on the wetness of the nappy, not something I would have given any thought to before reading your post. I'm confident that you've helped at least one other mum and bub on this thread from going through what you did so very grateful to you for that!

Panda- I hope everything is ok with the bleeding. Hopefully it's means bub isn't too far away for you but take care of yourself and will be thinking of you!

Thanks for the info about breast changes, Amps, very helpful. Hope little Erin is going well. Hope you managed ok in the cyclone too.

Ngaiz- that photo is beautiful, wow! Definitely one to look back on when bub is here. You look amazing, I can see why you'd be comfortable, pregnancy suits you!

Hwaterhouse- I'm with you, my spoilt little pup has no idea that is world is about to change, will be so interesting to see how they go when the baby arrives.

So excited for the next round of babies. It's getting so close for you Lots and might have some news from you soon too Orchids.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (15-04-2014),Ngaiz  (15-04-2014),Orchids  (15-04-2014),Team panda  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Panda, keep the pads (gross, I know) just in case you end up back at the hospital later tonight, you can show them how heavy it is. Are you under a midwife or do you have an Ob? If it is concerning you, don't leave until they speak with your Ob. Bright red bleeding at this stage can be serious (not that I want to scare you), on my paper work it is high lighted under the come straight to hospital if section. Even if it is from a UTI it is concerning and c they need to test your urine. If my bladder is quite full I get cramping after I pee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do feel guilty, but definitely trying not to beat myself up about it as I simply didn't know any better

I think it's so important to share things like that so it spares other people from going through something similar - especially as so many of us are first time mums.

It really is getting so close to our next round of bubbas to be born! As much as we will worry about our little treasures for the rest of our lives, it's definitely a relief to finally hold that squirmy little person in your arms

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda please get yourself to your hospital and I know you have just got back. Even if its nothing its better to be monitored by the profs. Bleeding normally is the start of things (it of course cld be due to other reasons ). Both my times I started bleeding (not alot though ) even before the contractions or pain started. Take care!

Ngaiz great pic!

there's a few of you ready to bring in the next batch of good news! And some of you have nice big bubbas !

Had a check up and a scan today to make sure iam all good to fly out. Bubs looking good, 35 weeks and 2.6kg yay! DH promised to rub my back belly legs for the trip over !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse - your Bubs sounds like mine.. Tummy was measuring big but looks like mine is going to about 10 pounds..

I was hoping I would be one with a natural labour but it's unlikely now. Sounds silly but I want to feel the pain of a natural labour. It is interesting everyone so far has had an induction or c-section.

Ngaiz that picture is so beautiful! Love it!! Oh, maybe you don't have long to go?

Arlais thanks for the tip on wet nappies.. Not something I would have thought of.

Amps glad the midwives were able to help with the breast feeding issues.. Such a relief for you.

Panda thinking of you... Are you going back to the hospital?

AFM - I've got my OB appointment tomorrow to discuss what we should do with our big Bubs on board.. If c section is the only option, we're thinking of booking a couple days earlier, possibly 28 April.. We'll see... Oh and this morning I noticed a haemorrhoid for the first time in my life I need to get in top of this constipation now!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (15-04-2014)