Closed Thread
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope everything is ok Panda. You're in the safest place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope the bleed isn't serious Panda xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like your in good hands Panda.

Thats so sweet about your dogs Arlias, sounds like they are loving the new addition.

One of my dogs who has never been real affectionate, now is always trying to sit on my knee. The other one puts his paws on my belly. But he is a real smoocher anyway. Will be interesting to see what they think of the new addition, they have been spoilt for so many years. Had an OB appointment today and have been given my C section consent forms to read over and take back next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Had my appointment with the diabetic educator this morning. Was all fairly self-explanatory, and common sense. They got us to do our first test while we were there, to make sure we knew what we were doing; and my reading was a 4.3, about 2.5 hours after breakfast. I also tested a couple of hours later, before I had lunch, which was a 3.7; and I just did my after lunch test now, which was a 5.8 (not bad, considering I had KFC for lunch). It will be interesting to see what my levels are like each day, once I get my diet under control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well as I stopped bleeding and babies heart beat was all good, they sent me home. They think it could be the beginning of a show. Or else sometimes blood can get mixed up in the urethra. They couldn't tell me exactly what it was. I have to just keep any eye on it and call them immediately if it starts again. My girlfriend told me similar happened to her, bleeding in the morning then contractions started that night. But I did some googling and some girls bleed then don't go into labour for another week.
    Last edited by Team panda; 15-04-2014 at 16:14.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (15-04-2014),Arlais  (15-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the subject of breastfeeding, when you're in hospital if you're unsure how "wet" bubs nappies should be, please make sure you get a midwife to check for you.

Annabel would have wet nappies, but very light - felt like there was hardly anything in them. DH's sons were formula fed from day one, and being my first baby, neither of us knew what was "normal" for a breastfed newborn in terms of output. We just answered yes when asked if she'd had a wet or dirty nappy. I guess we seemed quite competent otherwise so they didn't question it further.

I know now if we had asked the question it would have been picked up that she probably wasn't getting enough milk from me and she wouldn't have ended up losing so much weight. Don't ever feel the midwives will think you're stupid or not able to care for your baby properly if you ask questions - I wish I had done it more before we were discharged and will probably feel guilty about that at least until Annabel is back above her birth weight.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (15-04-2014),ann17  (15-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (15-04-2014),Ngaiz  (15-04-2014),Orchids  (15-04-2014),Team panda  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Arlais, don't beat yourself up about it. I think we all would've thought we were doing well in your situation. These things happen, Annabel is home and well now. You just concentrate on doing your best.

Glad everything is ok Panda.

I just felt a really intense pop/snap high up in my vagina that crippled me an made me grab my lower belly. Nothing followed, water wise, but I'm hoping this is a sign I don't have to much longer to wait.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda- Glad to hear you're ok and have been discharged. Shame they can't give you an answer

Arlais - I'm sure it's hard to not feel guilty, but from what you've said I feel I would had done the exact same thing as you. We're just learning as we go. Thanks for that tip, it's these bits of info which really help us first time mums.

I was wondering why I was cramping at night and googled this little article which puts ideas I've heard along the way quite simpler. I love to know 'why' things happen as I feel that makes me more likely to stick to a behaviour. I know my midwife said rest up, take a bath, meditate. But it's good to hear why. Thought I'd share this little read...

http://birthfaith.org/home-birth/mel...labor-progress

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I so I had a bath in the dark, meditated, closed all the blinds and now my cramps are back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lots, that makes sense. All my cramping happens around 4-5am.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (15-04-2014)