Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. And congrats to the beautiful bubs that have been born in the last week or so! I love hearing the stories and can't wait to hear a natural birth story soon. And I'm very interested on all the csection healing advice. ( just in case we find out I have to have a c sec) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol....see I saw it the other way. I already knew arlais had dark brown hair and had to go BACK to the pic and stare at it trying to figure out why you guys would have thought she had red hair!

Annabel is adorable arlais. Good to hear you are settling into mummyhood well.

It's been aaaaagggeees since I posted but I keep reading along to see how everyone is going. Will hopefully have more time to keep up with everything now I an officially on maternity leave (woohoo). 34+4 today and feel like my baby belly has doubled in size in the last week!! Plenty of time to put my feet up for a while then hope some kind of nesting instinct kicks in so I can clean up my messy messy house that ive been letting get worse over the last few weeks due to sheer exhausation from working and growing the minion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias she is gorgeous! Glad to hear she is getting back on track. Love the pics and to see how happy you & your hubby are to be mum & dad to Annabel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais thanks for sharing your pics and experience. Congratulations again! Funny how exciting a poo can be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, thanks for sharing the pics. Sounds like you're doing an awesome job. As a parent you will find you start talking a lot more about poo! He he.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A belated congrats to you Arlias on the birth of your gorgeous Annabel. Beautiful pics - thanks for sharing

JJTiger - found out this week that my bub is in the same position as yours. Head down but facing out ( 'posterior'). My midwife recommended I sit leaning forward, like you would if on a swissball to encourage bub to change position. Also said I should try swimming laps and do the cat-cow yoga pose regularly. I went swimming the other day and it was the best feeling - I felt as light as a feather!! Highly recommend it everyone

Ann - how are u able to take international flights several weeks before due date? I always thought airlines don't let you fly after 7 mths.

Lotsa - thanks for sharing info on your mcns and workshop you did. I really want to get mcns too but just haven't had the time to look into it. Hope to transition to mcns once bub is about month old.

Recently did an Aust Breastfeeding Assoc workshop on breastfeeding info which was great. Feeling heaps more confident about it and i think DH really benefited from coming along. They said if expressing then consider giving bub milk via a cup (bub laps milk up with its tounge) as opposed to bottle feeding as attachment and sucking on the bottle is very different to the boob. There is heaps of info on their website incl a poo chart to show you what bubs poo should be like in the first 7 days or so.

Absolutely loving being on mat leave Managed to get nursery in order, but have a mountain of baby clothes, wraps, etc to wash!!! 37 weeks tomorrow....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Thanks for the update Arlais and pics.. So glad it's going well and Annabel has started putting on weight... Thank goodness for nipple shields, that sounds so painful!

Nirok- Yay to finally being on mat leave!! I feel the same and have been too tired to do things around the house so hopefully will get a chance to now.

Orchids thanks for the tip.. I'm not really a swimmer though but it's funny you say to lean forward. Whenever I do, the little one goes crazy in there and doesn't like it.. I'll check out that yoga pose you mentioned too.. Thanks.

Well I'm officially on mat leave with 4 weeks to go. There were lots of mixed emotions yesterday and lots of tears.. I'll miss so many people.. At the same time I've really struggled and been really tired so hopefully I'll get a chance to put my feet up a bit.. I too have lots of washing to do for Bubs.. So hopefully now I can get organised. It's funny on Thursday someone mentioned the book baby love and I went out for lunch with a client and she bought it for me I've got a 36 week scan on Monday and can't wait to see the little one again on the big screen..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (05-04-2014),Orchids  (05-04-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For those with posterior bubs anything on hands and knees, leaning fwd is useful to encourage them to turn. Make sure your car seat isn't reclined, sit backwards on a chair, and don't sink in to the lounge are all tips I got. Trust me you do not want a posterior labour.

She is gorgeous Arlais so glad everything is going well. If you haven't tried it already, Lansinoh or any brand of lanolin is very soothing on sore nipples! And it will get better :-)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-04-2014),Orchids  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips Veritas..

Sorry I know we spoke about it a while ago but can't find it. I'm looking into breast pumps and I've read the unimom allegro is very good with a closed system and well priced. Has anybody used this one? I was looking originally at the medela swing but apparently it's not closed system.. (Can get mouldy??) The Medela symphony can be hired and is closed system however it's like $35 a week to hire which will work out expensive when hiring for a long time.

Thanks ladies.. JJ