Closed Thread
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amps take care with Ita! Hope you're safe and look forward to seeing photos of Erin xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arrivals Roll Call

24/03/2014-Amps Erin Lilly Maree
    25/03/2014- Kerikiwi Tia Ripeka
    27/03/2014- Arlais Annabel Violet
    07/04/2014- rtkirk Lucas Charles
    10/04/2014- Octoberbaby2010 Baby BOY

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (11-04-2014),rtkirk  (12-04-2014),SimpsonDesert  (14-04-2014),Team panda  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais-sorry to hear Annabel has been admitted. Hopefully with those top up she gains more weight and continues to thrive.

Targin is the perfect post op pain relief option for those of us with constipation issues. It is the same as Endone though Berra with an extra drug to reduce the constipating effects of Oxycodone.

Berra-my brochure says just paracetamol and ibuprofen Can tell you now I want better than that! Are you able to have Morphine?

Amps-stay safe up there!!

October-hope things are going well. Sorry you didn't have a very nice experience with you CS and your recovery goes well.

Veritas-GOOD LUCK today and can't wait to hear your news!!

Panda-I'm constantly checking!!! Yesterday I was getting an us to check for a clot and as I getting up off the loo I had so much watery discharge (was definitely not clear fluid) that it soaked through my underwear, a panty liner and my pants! I was so embarrassed as it left a wet spot and I had to sit around and wait for my scan. Lucky I was wearing a top that was just long enough to cover my groin area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda it could be your waters are leaking but best to smell it to see if it smells like urine or Amnio fluid which apparently smells like semen. Sometimes bub a head can block a leak and a bit escapes when bub moves.

They do say don't panic as long as it's a clear fluid. To go to hospital when pain so bad you can't speak or if your water has broken and it's not a clear fluid.

Stay safe Amps!

Veritas hope induction has worked well and you are holding your bub as I post. If not best luck if so then Congrats

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra just on the drugs be aware of what you take if planning to breast feed as some pain meds are worse then others for crossing over to bubs ( have read that some believe it's also in a more concentrated dose through your milk).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oct Congratulations on your new arrival! I hope you are getting all your sensations back now! You must be so much so much in awe looking at your gorgeous bundle!

Arlais its so good to hear that baby Annabel is gaining weight and the fact that the hosp took it seriously and taking care of Annabel.

Panda I think sometimes it just doesn't break completely and it starts to leak and its keeping an eye open plus keeping your feet up. But you shd speak to your midwife. Also I think when a lot of water leaks there are chances of infection to the bubs. The damp spot does sound like a little leak unless it was a little accident !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! Feeling so much better today. It took a good 5-6 hours for the spinal to wear off and to regain full sensation. I didn't enjoy that feeling at all. My doc has a drain in the wound for 24 hours and I still have my catheter so I have still been bedridden which is no fun. Should be up and about in the next hour. Had a pretty awful sleep due to noisy IV and leg pads which massage my legs all night to avoid dvt. Bub seems to be getting the hang of feeding and is settling more quickly after each feed. I have had panadol neurofen and endone for pain relief and have made sure to keep it topped up so my tummy doesn't hurt. I am definitely in awe of Arlais being up and about so early!

Thanks
    Reviews
    October- congrats on your baby boy!! I hope you are feeling better now after the csection.

Arlais- I'm sorry to hear Annabel is back in hospital. Glad to see she is gaining some weight back. It would be hard to tell if she is having enough if she is very content and happy.

Amps- stay safe.will be thinking of you.

Panda- hopefully it's not your waters. I would check it out because like Ann said there is risk of infection if there is a leak.

Annerley- thanks luv, I will be enjoying those Easter eggs now hehe

Veritas- good luck!! Waiting to hear the wonderful news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Panda
    My hospital advises that you come to hospital if your waters have broken whether you are having contractions or not because this is the protective barrier of the amniotic sac broken and as others have said there is a risk of infection.
    My waters broke with DS. I wasn’t sure at first but when I went to the bathroom I knew it wasn’t urine as I couldn’t hold it in. When I called the delivery suite they wanted me to come in so they could examine me. Contractions did start to come on and they were regular and when I got to the hospital I was 2cm dilated.
    I think it’s best to call and seek advice from your hospital anyway. If you are not having contractions, some hospitals will induce you within 24 hours of waters breaking. Keep us posted!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your advice. Well I did go to my hospital in the end to be checked out. Better to be safe than sorry.
    They put me on the fetal heart monitor for quite a while, checked my panty liner and asked lots of questions. I've been told I have a very happy baby as heart beat patterns were good. Looks like it may have been my bladder giving way. The midwife said I did the right thing going in because when you're waters break and you are carrying a breech baby it's very dangerous to just leave it as the cord can come out first. If cord comes out first baby can die. Something to do with the fact that babies head fits perfectly into cervix whereas the bottom doesn't. Anyway if it happens again she said to go immediately to hospital.I left it to late morning today because I really wasn't sure what was going on.
    What a day I've had!
    plus whilst I was in there hooked up to the monitor, there was an emergency and everyone went running off to a birthing suite to tend to a birth, and the screaming that came down the hall way. Oh my god! I was getting quite distressed, and DH is just sitting there nonchalant! (Because he is a health professional and use to it!) my eyes were welling up, she sounded like she was in so much pain.