Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!! I have been reading along but haven't had much of a chance to reply this first week. We've been home from hospital since Tuesday and had our first outing yesterday.

Annabel had lost 9.4% of her birth weight on day 3, which was fine because it was under 10% but she'd lost a little more on day 5 so I've been having to feed her every 3 hours. A lot of the time I've had to wake her for feeds which makes me feel like a mean mummy!

We were allowed to go home but had to go back for a weigh in yesterday. Thankfully Annabel had put a bit of weight back on and the midwife eased my concerns that I wasn't giving her enough to eat because she hadn't had any dirty nappies for a couple of days and they were barely wet either. Merely hours later though hubby was stoked to announce she had done a big stinky poo and we happily trotted off to the parents room at the shopping centre

Annabel also had a hip ultrasound to check there was no dislocation from being in breech for so long. She was given the all clear, but will be having a follow up scan at 6 weeks to make sure they are maturing properly.

I'm healing well from the c-section. A little sore in the past couple of days, but have a variety of pain meds to make me comfortable. I expected the wound/scar to be fairly horrific (have read stories of women being traumatized by looking at theirs!) but it is so neat and there are no stitches or staples to be removed. Only a week later it's just slightly raised, no bruising or anything.

Annabel has a strong latch, but unfortunately is a bit of a chomper and my nipples are quite big which doesn't help so I'm a bit sore and one has been bleeding. I got some nipple shields yesterday which are helping though and I'm hoping they'll "toughen up" a bit soon.

If anyone has questions about my experience of c-section or newborn please ask, otherwise here are some photos of my squishy for you to enjoy

2014-03-27 15.19.12.jpg

2014-03-28 19.40.52-1.jpg

2014-04-02 12.58.50.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (05-04-2014),KJ35  (04-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww Arlais, it's so nice to hear how you and Annabel are going. That's great she is putting weight on and has a great appetite. Thanks for those adorable photos, she is beautiful and both you and DH look so happy and content. X

I do have a question re csection. Were you able to have skin to skin contact straight away?? Glad to know your scar is small and healing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Awww Arlais, it's so nice to hear how you and Annabel are going. That's great she is putting weight on and has a great appetite. Thanks for those adorable photos, she is beautiful and both you and DH look so happy and content. X

I do have a question re csection. Were you able to have skin to skin contact straight away?? Glad to know your scar is small and healing well.
    We didn't get skin to skin straight away since the theatre is too cold, but as soon as I was in recovery we could (about 20 mins later), and the lactation consultant came down to help us get started with breastfeeding straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very exciting to see these new babies arriving.
    I have two weeks left but really hoping he comes soon. I feel huge and walking is painful now, so fingers crossed things start happening soon if not I am having a stretch and sweep on Monday to hopefully help things along.

Good luck to the ladies due soon. I look forward to more birth announcements and stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, thanks so much for the update. Loooove the photos of your family. Annabel is so adorable, what a cutie!
    Glad to hear you're healing well and working around those hiccups with the sore nipples.
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear all is going well Arlais and Annabel is gorgeous!

Hoping for some action for some of you over the weekend, and more babies (including mine!) next week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais what beautiful photos! You all look so happy. Thank you for the update.
    yes I was also wondering about skin to skin, 20 minutes later is not bad. Some of my friends have told me that they've been in recovery for ages after their c sections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to jump threads again but had to say congrats Arlais, she's beautiful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Arlais - talk about baby brain - took me a good few seconds of looking at your pic to realise you didn't actually have bright red hair!! Der!

Like Arlais, we didn't get skin to skin straight away with DS's c section either but I spoke to my OB about it for this time around and they are going to put bub straight on my chest!! I suggest talking to your OB about what you want. Having said that I wasn't at all upset with what happened with DS and it didn't cause any problems IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's gorgeous Arlais, it took me a while to realise you didn't have red hair too!!! Glad Annabel is putting on weight and healthy, hope your enjoying lots of cuddles and been a mummy love seeing the baby pics and new arrivals